Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post

Thanks for reminding me Poor Sarai's mailbox has to be exploding from everyone's creations hehe. I've been sending them as I create them, next time I think I'll wait to the end and mail them all together!
    Don't worry about sending several separate pm's. Because of the time it takes to create the Challenge posts if there are a lot of entries, we prefer that you send them as they are made rather than waiting until you've done several - that way we can start putting the post together early in the week and then add things as they come in rather than have to do the whole lot at once every Friday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Thanks Josi I'm trying very hard to convince myself that white is a colour and I can use it......... sometimes
      On the other hand, a little bit of colour never hurt anybody.............

Comment

So much amazing artwork!! And new people too... Welcome

Have been fighting with this challenge all week and nothing has been happening

Have done this one using 3 of the textures quite subtly but not overly happy with it.....

sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

What aren't you happy with MR? I think it's great! And subtle or not, you've worked those textures in beautifully

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            What aren't you happy with MR? I think it's great! And subtle or not, you've worked those textures in beautifully

Thank you

I'm not sure, it just doesn't seem finished.... but then I haven't been happy with anything I've tried to make this week for some reason
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
              Thank you

I'm not sure, it just doesn't seem finished.... but then I haven't been happy with anything I've tried to make this week for some reason
              I know the feeling... I've been struggling this week too That Doctor Who sig is fab though - simple but effective

Have managed to batter PS into submission long enough to make this for the challenge though:

Believe it or not, it has lg, Sha and Estrela's textures in there, somewhere
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

MR- I think it's beautiful I love the color and use of the textures.

Also really beautiful art Josi... did you add the cast on different layers or was it one image? It looks awesome!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                  MR- I think it's beautiful I love the color and use of the textures.

Also really beautiful art Josi... did you add the cast on different layers or was it one image? It looks awesome!!
                  It's one image - one of the new promos for season 5:

And thanks
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Jumble, MR, and Josi: All fantastic arts!
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks, Josi and Yamii.
                      Josi, yeah, the coloring I love too. That's why I had to complete the set with a WP (which now is my current one *blushes*). Well done, lg!
                      Jumble, yes, white IS a color and so often underused. But the new set is also great. I simply love your style !
                      Josi, I think I've noticed two of the three textures . Looks really, really great!
                      MR, I love the sig! Looks great. BTW, is that the new companion? I don't think I know her (or him). Again a couple?

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thanks Josi, Yamii, Meredith and Hyn - Hyn that's the current (outgoing) companions

Love the Castle art Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the answer, MR!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Okay, was fiddling around in Gimp and came up with this...

...my challenge entry. I used two textures from the five we had to choose from, plus one of my own. Not sure what I think of it. I just couldn't decide on what type of font looked better a printed font or cursive. Any thoughts?

I used these two textures...

And my own...

...I think it can be called a texture?
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 20 September 2012, 02:25 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

I think it looks good so far, RiG. The font ... yes ... mh, don't know exactly. Maybe an old-print font, don't know ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                                I think it looks good so far, RiG. The font ... yes ... mh, don't know exactly. Maybe an old-print font, don't know ...
                                Thanks. Old-print font? I'll have a look-see, sounds interesting!

Who are we supposed to PM our entries to again?
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X