Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

One of my favorite books...

sigpic

Comment

MR - I really like your banner. I've never read 1984 myself but the colour and effects you've used make the banner very interesting - eye catching. Well done

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Nola, love this - and I have to say I got a big thrill seeing The Dragonriders here (also one of my favourite books ) I like how you did the cover with the book sitting under it.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I actually started to do it to figure out the dimensions of a book cover, but I liked it so much I kept the book!
          sigpic

Comment

Great challenge entries everyone. Now I have to come up with my favorite book. *sigh* There are too many to chose from! I just have too many favorite books.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Great challenge entries everyone! Anne McCaffrey is one of my favorite authors too.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sha

Nice entry Nola.

Looking forward to seeing all the great entries when I get back
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Lovely challenge entries, everyone!

To everyone who sent their thoughts and best wishes with my car situation, it was solved tonight!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  So, my husband, daughter, and I had fallen in love with a particular make and model and year of a car. But, due to past mistakes, we could not get financing on it. (The dealership it was through was from friends, and they don't offer in-house financing.) So, we kept looking. Thought we had a car last night only for it to be a standard, not automatic, transmission. (Due to a recent knee injury, driving a standard for an extended length of time can be painful.) Then, we thought we have another car, not the same thing but good, only to have financing fall through on that one because it had too many miles.

So, this morning, the salesman called me, "I have your car!" And did he ever!

It is the exact make, model, and year of the one we really loved. Fully loaded save the power sunroof, everything we needed and then some with 12k less miles than the one we loved. Here's the kicker: It's even the color we would have picked had we been able to buy it new!!!

Needless to say, I'm on Cloud Nine right now!

Comment

Here's my entry.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah for the new car, lg! Enjoy it, new cars are amazing!

Ahm, have a couple of questions about the new challenge:
                      1. a cover for an existing book or album?
                      2. Or is it okay to post a cover for own stuff (original novel, not fanfic!)?
                      3. For music, has it to be a cover for an album or is it enough to make art for a single?
                      4. Only screenart or can I post paintings or drawings?

I have to say I've made some single covers in the past, drew them. That's why I ask. They are from real music but even singles. I hope you get what I mean ... not the real covers but my very own take.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thank you, Hyn! And, yes, they are!

*puts on thinking cap* What book and/or album do I want to cover....???

Comment

Hyn, in answer to your questions:

1. a cover for an existing book or album?
                          Yes, it has to be for an existing book or album. It doesn't have to still necessarily be in print right now, but has to be for a published book/released album.

2. Or is it okay to post a cover for own stuff (original novel, not fanfic!)?
                          We're going to say no for this, unless you are a published author yourself

3. For music, has it to be a cover for an album or is it enough to make art for a single?
                          No, album

4. Only screenart or can I post paintings or drawings?
                          Any kind of art you like
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Another entry from me...

The original album cover can be found here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice job maneth! Love the negative space (you know me!)
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X