No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you come to the thread? I got a PM from Jumble to come check out a new thread they'd made.

What do you like most about the thread? The variety of work, styles, genres, programs used and the general welcome feel of the thread. There seems to be new pretties to be seen daily.

Do you have any ideas about what you would like to do over the next year? I'd like to get more practice with layers and masks. Seems I'm finding new tricks and skills with each tut and challenge that I get a chance to do. I love finding new ways to do the things I do... sometimes the new way is easier and sometime it's not, but it is still so great to see the multiple ways to do things.

What's the best or your most favourite thing that you have learnt from your fellow artworkers? My favorite thing I learned was from Mr. I followed a tut she did during tut week that was for a pop-out sig. It was a fun challenge and a great thing to learn. Would like to try it again in the future... it can be a very dramatic effect.

What was your favourite challenge? My favorite challenge was the Same Letter challenge... the variety was fun to see in the entries and I loved that it pushed me to think of other genres. It also allowed me an excuse to make a sig of my favorite flyboy. Still sporting that sig/avi set.

Here is the art I did with Mr.'s shared tut.

sigpic

Comment

That is a great set, Hyn... I love the black and white background with the color of the foreground.
      sigpic

Comment

Love your pop-out artie Bay - I never could get that to work out right for me

So, plumbing the depths of PB for stuff from the last year (soooo glad I started putting dates on everything ) - my first challenge piece "Why I love....".........

Challenge 2 was black and white plus one colour...

Challenge 3 was 7in7 icons - which I didn't enter because I only managed to make 4

Black and White, Embrace, Hands, Red.

I seem to have got stuck on a theme there
        Last edited by Jumble; 31 July 2012, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Challenge 4 - Time

Challenge 5 - Cropping

Challenge 6 - Baddies!

Challenge 7 - Reflections

That's one of my fave sigs from the last year

Comment

Challenge 8 - Castle quote

Challenge 9 - Specific Textures

Apparently I didn't fancy Challenge 10 - Storytelling

Challenge 11 - Friendship

I think that's me done for now

Comment

Wow so much lovely stuff appearing this week.

Had a quick look at the old challenges and I think the first one participated in properly was the Time Challenge, I was also using the editing software in PhotoBucket at the time and I was actually quite impressed how well it came out considering how really really bad at art I usually am

Think I may go back and have a go at some of the challenges that were done before I first looked in here
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

One of my favourite non challenges was the 'Sharp Dressed Man'. Mostly when I look at my older art I think 'oh dear' ... but I still like these ones

and a slight variation

sigpic

Comment

Challenges where you end up with surprising results are always fun - I had a lot of these lol. Two of my favs:

from Challenge 9 set textures

from Challenge 38 same letter
                  sigpic

Comment

My favourite results from my favourite challenges:

from Challenge 14, Imitation

from Challenge 29, thread banners

from Challenge 38, same letter as username

Some other favorites I remembered when scanning through all the challenges:

from Challenge 2, B&W plus one colour

from Challenge 26, three + pictures

from Challenge 36, stock pictures
                    sigpic

Comment

Lastly, my favourite results from tut weeks:

sigpic

Comment

Looking through all the challenges, in the first twenty there were only three I didn't do - Cropping, Red, and No texture. So I thought, what the hey, might as well try and make something that meets the requirements of all of them

It might look like a texture has been used but it's just a background of the picture below with the picture layer burned onto it .... plus a few other tweeks of that layer!

This is a picture of Flinders Ranges sand - cool place to visit here in South Australia
                        sigpic

Comment

I love all the art! I made this yesterday, and I hope you all like it:

I had made this for the 9th Challenge: Textures:

sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

How did you come to the thread?
                            Got a PM about a new artwork thread and said, "Hey, why not?"

What do you like most about the thread? The comraderie, the helpfulness of everyone, the fun.

Do you have any ideas about what you would like to do over the next year? No, but when I have one, I"ll let everyone know!

What's the best or your most favourite thing that you have learnt from your fellow artworkers? Masks! I can finally blend! It only took my nearly 4 years, but I've finally got the hang of it! Oh, and I've finally started to get the hang of coloring too.

What was your favourite challenge?
                            I'm not sure I have one. I like the unofficial "Sharp dressed man" one.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

I forgot, here's some brownies for the party! *puts a plate out*
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                                Looking through all the challenges, in the first twenty there were only three I didn't do - Cropping, Red, and No texture. So I thought, what the hey, might as well try and make something that meets the requirements of all of them

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...resBanner1.jpg

It might look like a texture has been used but it's just a background of the picture below with the picture layer burned onto it .... plus a few other tweeks of that layer!

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/ShaViva/Signature%20banners/Images%20for%20tutorials/th_flinders-ranges-sand.jpg This is a picture of Flinders Ranges sand - cool place to visit here in South Australia
                                That's a gorgeous effect you've achieved there! Can you explain what you mean by burning the picture onto the background? I'm not getting it

Don't forget to send me that one too

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                                I forgot, here's some brownies for the party! *puts a plate out*
                                *grabs a brownie* I missed lunch

I do find it amusing that so many of us loved the non-challenge best Can anyone remember how it started?

Comment

Working...
                                X