No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe *that's* what I could do a tut on this week? Turning a daytime pic into a nighttime one? I seem to do it all the time on dA. I've been wracking my brains trying to think of something for tut week. I want to follow a couple of tuts tomorrow when I have some time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Maybe *that's* what I could do a tut on this week? Turning a daytime pic into a nighttime one? I seem to do it all the time on dA. I've been wracking my brains trying to think of something for tut week. I want to follow a couple of tuts tomorrow when I have some time.
      That would actually be a very helpful tut--for me, at least. I find daytime pics I like all the time and want to turn them to night. Or vice versa.

Comment

then that's what I'll do. I'll go find a suitable pic and put together a tut. the one I used for Pandora was a bear - very, very bright daytime - took many adjustment layers and so forth. and I'm not 100% happy with it even now
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          then that's what I'll do. I'll go find a suitable pic and put together a tut. the one I used for Pandora was a bear - very, very bright daytime - took many adjustment layers and so forth.
          Awesome. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Okay, Day to Night in a few easy steps
            go from this

to this

Spoiler:

Day to Night tutorial
            I like to start by copying my picture over onto a transparent background(Ctrl +A, Ctrl +C, Ctrl + V), then using select > color range pick the sky color and delete it (Ctrl + X) . You may have to do this a couple of times to get all the sky if it’s varying shades. Now you have an image that you can replace with a suitable night sky, say with a moon or stormy.

Alternately – copy your background image (Ctrl + J), use your select > color range to select the sky, then use the image > adjustments > hue/saturation (Ctrl +U) and check colorize – slide the slider until you get the desired color.
            but this way is not so good with architecture. Better for landscapes.

Next, once your sky is night, it’s time to get the rest of your scene nighttime as well. Make a layer (Ctrl + Shift + N) and fill with a color picked from the sky or dark blue 100%. Set blend to color and adjust opacity until it looks right – this will vary from picture to picture. this is set to 55%

Sometimes you need to do multiple layers of different shades of blue and/or blue-violet and only in certain areas. On windowsills, and areas of strong sunlight on architectural elements, make another layer and use the pen tool to select the area to remove or to keep of additional shading – after making a path you can choose to feather your selection so that there won’t be a harsh line between areas of deeper color and lighter color. Set the blending to multiply and adjust the opacity appropriately. This is set to 73%

That’s it – day-to-night in just a few steps!
            Last edited by Nolamom; 04 June 2012, 09:44 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Beautiful work lg! You really were inspired! Love that font - what is it?

Nola, love the Pandora pictures and thanks for the tut
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I go away for a couple of days and you fill four pages! Beautiful work! I've greened where I could, and thanks for all the tuts

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                I am often lurking in this thread to admire the wonderful pieces of art all of you are creating they are just great
                Welcome to the thread

Comment

Cool tut Nola!
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with Mane, great tut Nola!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ditto on the tut, Nola! Thanks!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Beautiful work lg! You really were inspired! Love that font - what is it?

Nola, love the Pandora pictures and thanks for the tut
                      Thanks, josi! Yeah, that font was great for me! Really got the art mojo going!

The font is Foglihten No 4.

Comment

Thanks folks. Great font lg - thanks for the link.
                        sigpic

Comment

You're welcome, Nola.

Comment

Okay, so, I've had enough of PB's hassles and am getting ready to switch over to ImageShack or TinyPic. Does anyone have a preference between those two? And why?

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              Okay, so, I've had enough of PB's hassles and am getting ready to switch over to ImageShack or TinyPic. Does anyone have a preference between those two? And why?
                              I've never used either so can't help. What's the problem with PB?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                I've never used either so can't help. What's the problem with PB?
                                I've had problems with PB uploading images. Sometimes, it won't upload, sometimes it gets hung up partially uploaded, sometimes it won't load on my computer at all, sometimes it takes absolutely forever to do something, sometimes. . . . .Just, in general, being a real pain.

I have friends who use both ImageShack and TinyPic. I just don't know the difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X