• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    I come baring a tut - not mine, although I did give it a go

Here it is

I made this with it

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/th_MRpopout.png

Unfortunately saving as .png file makes it too large to post as an image - unless anyone knows of anyway to get the file size smaller in GIMP (already at max compression)

Also made this today, not for the challenge, I just felt like it

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/th_MRcastle8.png
    Hmm..I don't know if it makes a difference, but I save all of my Gimp stuff as .jpg files. When I do my work, I have a "working" file saved as .xcf and then when I'm finished I export it (because .jpg can't save with transparencies) to save as a .jpg file. When I'm exporting it I have to flatten the image, which I do by while changing the quality. When that popup shows up, I tell it to give me a preview and it tells me how many kbs it is. When I save as a .jpg I never have to go lower than quality of 90 for it to be less than 100kbs.

Hope that helps...

They are lovely, by the way lol. Almost forgot to say that in trying to help...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      Hmm..I don't know if it makes a difference, but I save all of my Gimp stuff as .jpg files. When I do my work, I have a "working" file saved as .xcf and then when I'm finished I export it (because .jpg can't save with transparencies) to save as a .jpg file. When I'm exporting it I have to flatten the image, which I do by while changing the quality. When that popup shows up, I tell it to give me a preview and it tells me how many kbs it is. When I save as a .jpg I never have to go lower than quality of 90 for it to be less than 100kbs.

Hope that helps...

They are lovely, by the way lol. Almost forgot to say that in trying to help...
      Thanks

That's the problem I have with this file - Normally I save as .jpg files but with this one I need to save as .png because of the transparency.
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Thanks

That's the problem I have with this file - Normally I save as .jpg files but with this one I need to save as .png because of the transparency.
        Ah...Yeah, that's a problem. Maybe someone more knowledgable will come along and tell us we're overthinking it lol.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
        Any tut you want to follow, anywhere. Just so long as you give us a link for it.
        Thanks.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        What she said ^^^

Plus of course, you can write a tut for a piece of your own artwork and post it here
        Thanks. Though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel confident enough to write my own tut, especially since pretty much all I do is use what everyone else has told me lol.

Anyway, I've got 3 things from 2 tuts, so...

I'm really pleased with the Stana Katic sig. I still don't really understand layer masks, so I used them as best I could and then used other tools when the results weren't matching the tut, but I think it turned out very similar. I'm especially proud because I was using Gimp, but the tut was for Photoshop. I ended earlier in the tut, but that's because I couldn't figure out how to finish out the tut with Gimp tools.

I know there's lots of extra space in the wallpaper, but I just couldn't figure out what I should put there. I didn't want to just say it was Castle and Beckett, since I already know that and I'm sure anyone who was going to use it as a walli would also know that, but I also didn't really have any pics I wanted to put there...Plus I was getting more and more frustrated the longer I stared at it lol. I'm just happy this tut showed me how to use a blur for the first time lol!
        Last edited by TrueRomantic; 07 April 2012, 03:48 PM. Reason: Didn't want to double post and got tired of waiting for someone else to post :)
        sigpic

Comment

great works
          i really love yours TR & MR
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Lovely, Twin. Many of us have used that first tut.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
              great works
              i really love yours TR & MR
              Thanks!
              Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              Lovely, Twin. Many of us have used that first tut.
              Thanks Twin. Yeah, I thought it looked familiar lol. I was just googled gimp sig tutorials, and that one came up. I didn't even notice that it said photoshop until I was almost done and got the point where I had no idea what it was telling me to do lol. But for having never done masks, and never tried to use a photoshop tut in gimp, I was thrilled with the outcome lol.
              sigpic

Comment

You should be thrilled - it turned out absolutely lovely! Bravo!
                sigpic

Comment

The sig's really lovely! With wallpapers, it's often better to have lots of nearly empty space, but in my case that space's on the wrong side. That's because I've been lazy about cleaning up icons on my desktop and have over 100 of them, covering about half the screen (11 across & 10 down). But because I use Windows, that space needs to be on the left side of the desktop.

Lovely wallie yamii! The film roll looks cool. Thanks for the laugh Nola.
                  sigpic

Comment

Challenge entry I made by modifying this tut. I changed it by using my own pattern which I made from vintage Easter clipart I found online.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, there's been so much beautiful artwork posted since I was last here...amazing work everyone!!

Most of my arty stuff lately has been for 20in20s on LJ - here's some of my latest icons:
                      SMG and Bones icons (clicky)

The Vampire Diaries icons (clicky)

And also...HAPPY EASTER!!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Jann (starlover) for the gorgeous sig!

Comment

Lovely work everyone, and happy Easter too!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Coming back in just to let you all know that I'm saving all the tuts shared this week on the delicious page at:http://www.delicious.com/artworkfora...ial_week_eight
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Cool.

Here's my entry:

I followed this shadowplay tut.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wonderful artworks everyone.

Wonderful gifs, Nola.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Gorgeous, mane!

Some Easter art:

My mom had me make up this, as well as several others, for Easter decorations at church. It uses a line from a David Phelps song.

Hope each and every one of you have a great Easter no matter what you have planned!

Comment

Working...
                                X