Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
        a new idea for a challenge
        (it's not that good i know)
        Spoiler:
        we all post your favorite films of all time i would post the original Police Academy and then someone say Jumble would make a set (avi,sig,wallie) for that film
        I like that idea! It's something we haven't done before.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Thanks LTC, challenge ideas are always welcome

You think I could Jumblify Police Academy?
        Jumble, I have full confidence that you can Jumblify anything!
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

a different style of art from me
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
            Jumble, I have full confidence that you can Jumblify anything!
            same
            sigpic

Comment

Oh my gosh! Four pages to catch up on this morning.

Love the icons, LtCol. Don't remember Major Peterson, but I love that and the other sigs you've made up... especially the Cam one of course. The Chloe and Matt wallpaper is beautiful and I love how he is on one side, while she is on the other page. Your black and white version of ~lg's tut turned out wonderful as well. Loved the music and clips you put together in the vid as well. The outlines that came to life were a great effect.

That is a beautiful wallpaper of Stana, Yamii, love the more tan, less orange look to this one.

Nola, The coloring of the fruits and veges is amazing.

Mr, Love the Vincent take on Josi's tut. And I love how John is leaning from one page to the next while kissing Weir in the wallpaper.

~lg, beautiful Daniel sig... that is a great color for him.

Jumble, love your take on Josi's tut as well, both the non-jumbled and the jumbled versions.

Rocket, love the Jonas sig and the background on the right lends itself well to the sig, the lights are perfect.

TrueRomanticThat Castle sig is wonderfully romantic and sad looking at the same time.

That is an awesome tut, Luciana. The coloring so perfect. Can't wait to see more of Sherlock.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Bay.

Comment

Been working on Mr's popout sig tut the last several nights and unfortunatly keep picking caps that seem to be perfect and then when I'm done it doesn't look like a popout because the background color of the thread looks like the sky or something similar. Started on my third attempt late last night, crossing my fingers this will be the one...
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks Bay
                    sigpic

Comment

could someone just send me loads of random textures thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

could someone just send me loads of random textures thanks
                        How's this?

We recently had a two-part challenge where, one week, we made textures and the next week used those textures. Here's the first of six posts of nothing but textures.

Comment

thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Loving the Jumblified version.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              I did several more digital paintings for practice. Not happy with the peach - haven't figured out how to make it soft instead of shiny.
                              <lazy snip>
                              Wow, Nola. You have major skillz.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg848/scaled.php?server=848&filename=dhj.jpg&res=landing

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8875/fjrrek.jpg

tut V
                              Spoiler:

1. start with 2 pics from this site http://www.stargateuniverse.com.au
                              2. crop the 2nd pic 700x180 and save
                              3. open the croped pic and mirror it
                              4. open the 1st pic crop it 700x180
                              5. add both of the other croped pics and make them a opacity '118'
                              6. (for photoscape users) use border Cali 3
                              7. download font beyond sky
                              Thanks for the tut!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              Here's the tut M asked for.

To make this: http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...erMeBanner.jpg

Note: This was originally based on this tut by josiane. I wound up going my own way on the textures and such, coming up with this one.

Spoiler:
                              You will need: http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gateworld-Clubhouse%20Challenge%20Entries/Clubhouse%20Tutorial%20Images/th_Give_Me_A_Sign_Friend_Of_Mine_by_Smoko_Stock.jpg http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gateworld-Clubhouse%20Challenge%20Entries/Clubhouse%20Tutorial%20Images/th_Danielcivvies2-1.jpg http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gateworld-Clubhouse%20Challenge%20Entries/Clubhouse%20Tutorial%20Images/th_Sunset_S1__Stock_Image_by_LemnosExplorer.jpg http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gateworld-Clubhouse%20Challenge%20Entries/Clubhouse%20Tutorial%20Images/th_061.jpg http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gateworld-Clubhouse%20Challenge%20Entries/Clubhouse%20Tutorial%20Images/th_bokehs_2_by_asphyxiate_stock-d3ehmqd-1.jpg

Open your canvas to whatever size you need. All of these textures are quite large, so they work really well for wallies as well as sigs. Fill your background with white.

Add first background. Scale so that the entire bow is in the artwork and set it off to one side. If necessary, duplicate and blend so that you've got a solid background. If necessary, merge layers.

Using the smudge tool, smudge out the grungy texture of the background. Be careful around the bow to leave the tie but to remove the texture.

Open your character pic, in my case, the one of Daniel. Scale and position as desired, then erase the background. Duplicate that image, and set the new layer to Overlay, opacity 40%. This adds a bit of warmth and definition to the picture.

Add the Sunset background. Reverse it so the sun is on the right side of the artwork, near the bow. If necessary, resize. Set to Overlay, opacity 100%. Using the smudge tool again, carefully smudge only the portion of this texture that is over your character. You want to keep the color changes by the fading sunset without the actual texture being over the person.

Add the glow texture. Scale and position as desired. Set to Screen, opacity 100%.

Add the bokeh texture. Scale and position as desired. Set to Screen, modifying your opacity as you see fit.

Layer—New from Visible.

Coloring
                              Spoiler:
                              For this, you'll need both curves and color balance.

Curves
                              Value: 87, 81
                              142, 149

Color balance
                              I completely forgot to write down my settings on color balance. So, I can tell you that I didn't do anything with Highlights. With Midtones and Shadows, I upped the reds and yellows to give it that really plum-red color.

Text
                              Spoiler:

For “Remember Me,” I used Champagne in color #ca917c. It will blend with the background, but don't worry. It'll be very obvious by the time you're done.

Using color #fad8ba, set your paintbrush mode to Soft Light. Using a medium-sized round brush, go over the top of the words once or twice, just enough to lighten them to an almost white color.

In color #4c193d, type in the same words. Put them directly over your modified layer and set to Overlay, opacity 100%. This will give a nice purpley look to the words without losing the brightness.

For “When the color of a sunset fills the sky,” I used Champagne and Limousines in color #ca917c. Then, using color #fad8ba and the same soft brush on Soft Light, I went over all the words, brightening them.

Add a drop shadow to all of the text in color #3a284e with the following settings:
                              Offset X: 0
                              Offset Y: 0
                              Blur radius: 20
                              Do not allow resizing.

Layer—New from Visible.

Sharpen the entire thing, and you're done.

If you have any questions, please ask!
                              Thanks for the tut, lg. I hope I get a chance to give it a try.

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                              Not for the challenge...

One might think I've been on a Castle and Castle/Beckett roll lately, with a little side of Once Upon a Time, lol. I'm thinking of shifting to another show and couple for awhile, but I've just got to find good caps for it...
                              Love it, TR.

Well, once I started making Jonas art, I just couldn't stop myself....
                              With bay's tut:

sigpic
                              Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Lovely Rocket!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X