No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah! I tried posting a tutorial and GW ate part of it, but left the rest behind! Now, it won't let me re-post it!

Comment

Hey all, fairly new here to the forum. I have been working on making a stargate from scratch. Illustrator and Photoshop, textures. Let me know what you think~
      I should say it still needs a lot of work
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Rush View Post
        Hey all, fairly new here to the forum. I have been working on making a stargate from scratch. Illustrator and Photoshop, textures. Let me know what you think~
        http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...r/Stargate.jpg
        First of all, welcome to the forum! So happy to have you!

Secondly, that's awesome! It looks fantastic! I would add in the dots for the symbols on the Stargate, but that's better than anything I started doing!

Comment

Okay, here's the fourth try on this one. Bagpuss suggested on the "Ask the Mods" thread that I split it up. So this will take two posts.

So many of you loved this sig that I figured I'd make up a tutorial for it.

Spoiler:
          Textures/Stock Images:

Character/Subject Pic(s). I used:

Brush Sets: Heart Brushes for Gimp (I don't know if they'll work for PS.)
          Romantic Wedding Swirls

Open your canvas to the size you want. Fill with color #5b5a60.

Add first texture. Set to where only the purple colors show. I played around with the curves later on in the process, but I don't remember what adjustments I made to it. Sorry.

Add the stock image of the key. Scale down and position as desired. Set layer mode to Overlay, Opacity 100%. Erase and blend edges as desired.

Add character/person pic(s) Erase the background, lighten/adjust coloring as desired.

Layer-->New Layer-->Transparency. Use the first brush set with the sparkly heart brush set to where it goes around the faces. Use color #462319. Move layer to behind the key.

One more post to follow.......

Comment

Ah! It worked! Here's the rest of the tutorial.

Spoiler:
            Layer-->New Layer-->Fill with color #5b5a60. Set to Screen, Opacity 71%. Use second brush set, with the little hearts bunched together to erase several spots along the background. Place this layer directly on top of the key. The effect should be light, outlined hearts that don't take away from the design.

At this point, I futzed with the curves on the background layer. I cannot remember the settings, but I suggest you fiddle with it until it has the look you want.

Duplicate the pictures of your character. Set to Overlay, adjusting your opacity until you get the rich skin tone needed.

Add your text. I used Champagne and Limousines. Set these colors to whatever works best for your overall color scheme.

Layers-->New from Visible Layer. Set to Overlay, Opacity 100%.

And you're done.

I know the tut feels a bit out of order, but that's how I got it to work. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              First of all, welcome to the forum! So happy to have you!

Secondly, that's awesome! It looks fantastic! I would add in the dots for the symbols on the Stargate, but that's better than anything I started doing!

Thanks! Good to be here! So glad this thread is here Looking forward to sharing!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the thread Mrs.Rush.

I'm going to have to give that tut a shot lg, cuz I love that sig.

Couple of silly gifs...
                sigpic

Comment

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...r/Stargate.jpg
                  Welcome to the thread. Great to see another Rush fan here, I've been a bit lonely.

It still needs some work yeah, but it's certainly better than anything I could make in 3D. You have a great start! Now you'll need to add the symbols. If yours is meant to work like the milky way gates, you might need to add a more visible seam between the turning ring and the chevrons.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks! Good to be here! So glad this thread is here Looking forward to sharing!
                    Welcome to the thread, and well done on the Stargate

Since you're a newbie, I hope you won't mind if I point out a few GW rules to you - your pic is way too big! Max pic width is 700px, and max kb is 100. If you're posting from Photobucket and don't want to alter the size of your pic, post the img thumbnail instead

Thanks for posting that tut lg - I really like that sig, so maybe the tut will kick my mojo into action

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Thanks for posting that tut lg - I really like that sig, so maybe the tut will kick my mojo into action
                      You're welcome.: ) It took four tries and some help from one of the mods, but it finally worked.

I know about mojo! It's been a hectic few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Welcome to the thread, and well done on the Stargate

Since you're a newbie, I hope you won't mind if I point out a few GW rules to you - your pic is way too big! Max pic width is 700px, and max kb is 100. If you're posting from Photobucket and don't want to alter the size of your pic, post the img thumbnail instead
                        MMM, thanks! I am sure everything I have been posting has been too large... Appreciate the heads up!
                        sigpic

Comment

Lovely fantastic work everyone (I will go back through and green who I can!)

Not sure why but I have the concentration span of a spoon at the moment, so I think I'll be filing all these amazing tuts for when I can do them!!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

MMM, thanks! I am sure everything I have been posting has been too large... Appreciate the heads up!
                            You're welcome

You might want to go back and edit the pic in your post - don't want you to get modded

Comment

Hello everyone! Just wanted to stop in and let you all know I dind't drop off the face of the Earth. My computer won't turn on so I've been using my dad's for school and was having trouble remembering my password for here. I have so many of them floating in my head I had to start writing them down, and I'm only in my twenties! It would help if school didn't make me change my password every semester. I've also got a job so that keeps my busy on the weekends. As soon as I get a new one, hopefully by next week, I should be back in since I'll set it to remember my passord here. Unfortunately, all my pics for the artwork I was working on were on my laptop. I was in the process of ulpoading them all to PB when it went kaput. So I might needs your guys' help to get all my links to websites with pics back. This time I'm storing them on delicious AND my laptop. This is a light semester so I should be able to spit out those Helen/Druitt wallies and sigs I've been meaning to do for months for my Gothic Song Lyrics sereis.

Hope everyone is well, I'm at work filling in for a sick co worker so I can't browse through everything now.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Made these from lg's tut, vaguely..........

Comment

Working...
                                X