Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point!

Nola, I really like that room texture. Once again it's pretty enough to use as a wallie on its own.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jumble, Stargate and Sy

Awesome Martin B'day cards everyone

And excellent work with the vids, Cags

Fabulous arties and textures Mane, MR, Bailey, Deli, Jumble, Nola, Stargate, Hyn, lg, Yami, Rocket and anyone I may have missed

Also, just adding myself to the list of what program(s) people use:
      Jumble - PS CS3
      Josiane - PS CS5
      Bailey - Gimp
      Estrela - PS CS3
      Hyn - Gimp (art), Photo Commander (gifs)
      Sarai - PS CS3
      Madness reigns - GIMP
      DeliRicia - PS CS?
      ladygris - Gimp
      Stargate78fan - Photoshop 8
      Syfyfan - PS CS5
      Nolamom - PS CS5
      Scifan - Gimp
      yamiinsane - PS CS3
      Maneth - PS CS2
      Rocket - GIMP
      ShaViva - Gimp
      XFchemist - PS CS4
      Graceful Spirit - PSP X2 and PSE 7 (on occasion)

And hopefully I didn't accidentally delete anyone from it
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jann (starlover) for the gorgeous sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
        Gorgeous! There hasn't been enough Kavan art around here lately, IMHO.

Wow! I think doing your own thing worked out excellently in this case.

I love what you've done with the place! That's a really cool room.

I've been playing around on Shadowplay, doing things totally unrelated to what's going on around here. I finally came up with something I liked, using this tutorial.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...t1/logical.jpg
        Very nice! Thanks for the tut

That's amazing Nola! *snurches*

The challenge post is going to be enormous, so please make sure you send me your entries in plenty of time for me to put it together - you have about 6 hours!!!

Comment

Deli, the wallie looks great!
          Yanii, wonderful texture *iz snurched* and AmandaArt!
          Nola, great work on "The Room"! Love it
          Rocket, cool Spock-sig!

And thanks, Sy and Grace

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Also, just adding myself to the list of what program(s) people use:
            Jumble - PS CS3
            Josiane - PS CS5
            Bailey - Gimp
            Estrela - PS CS3
            Hyn - Gimp (art), Photo Commander (gifs)
            Sarai - PS CS3
            Madness reigns - GIMP
            DeliRicia - PS CS?
            ladygris - Gimp
            Stargate78fan - Photoshop 8
            Syfyfan - PS CS5
            Nolamom - PS CS5
            Scifan - Gimp
            yamiinsane - PS CS3
            Maneth - PS CS2
            Rocket - GIMP
            ShaViva - Gimp
            XFchemist - PS CS4
            Graceful Spirit - PSP X2 and PSE 7 (on occasion)
            bandcat PSP X2/X4
            sigpic
            Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

When you post, it might be an idea to post about 6 or 7 empty posts (write challenge or whatever you want to be able to post) and then go back and edit. That way, the challenge posts won't interrupt the flow of the convo, or for that matter, extra posts won't disrupt the challenge posting. If you find you've posted more empty posts than you need, you'll be able to delete them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                When you post, it might be an idea to post about 6 or 7 empty posts (write challenge or whatever you want to be able to post) and then go back and edit. That way, the challenge posts won't interrupt the flow of the convo, or for that matter, extra posts won't disrupt the challenge posting. If you find you've posted more empty posts than you need, you'll be able to delete them.
                Yep, I've had to do that before - it works really well So far I have 98 entries

Comment

Yay! That's great.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, it's been so long since I've had time to even open GIMP let alone come visit this lovely thread. Skimmed the last couple of pages only - so many posts since I was last here! It seems I have no green since I haven't been on GW much this year - so virtual green for the great textures!!

Rocket - love your spock sig, and agree that more Lorne art is ALWAYS a good thing
                    Bay - thank you for thinking of me and adding me to the 'who uses what software' list *hugs*
                    Jumble (and all who contributed to the Martin birthday arts) - awesome stuff - so many cool banners and the vids were great. Disco dancing Director

All the textures I saw were great - really looking forward to this record breaking challenge post Jumble - sounds like it'll be the biggest yet. Inspires me to quickly open GIMP and see if I can come up with something worthy ... so, maybe I'll be back later with something (before the deadline of course )
                    sigpic

Comment

Made a new set - uhm, it's not completely serious meant, so ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                        Oh wow, it's been so long since I've had time to even open GIMP let alone come visit this lovely thread. Skimmed the last couple of pages only - so many posts since I was last here! It seems I have no green since I haven't been on GW much this year - so virtual green for the great textures!!

Rocket - love your spock sig, and agree that more Lorne art is ALWAYS a good thing
                        Bay - thank you for thinking of me and adding me to the 'who uses what software' list *hugs*
                        Jumble (and all who contributed to the Martin birthday arts) - awesome stuff - so many cool banners and the vids were great. Disco dancing Director

All the textures I saw were great - really looking forward to this record breaking challenge post Jumble - sounds like it'll be the biggest yet. Inspires me to quickly open GIMP and see if I can come up with something worthy ... so, maybe I'll be back later with something (before the deadline of course )
                        Sha! We've missed you!

Over 100 and counting........ Yes, go open Gimp You still have about 3 hours

Comment

Hyn, I love the Space Cowboy. Only thing is that the text was tough to read. Maybe if it was bigger, it would be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Sha! We've missed you!

Over 100 and counting........ Yes, go open Gimp You still have about 3 hours
                            Thanks Jumble

I did go open GIMP and mess around with no idea what I was doing ... I don't know how these will work as textures but here they are. They're all made with only the effects that GIMP provides - i.e. I didn't use any images, just messed around with filters and gradients and modes

sigpic

Comment

Sha, those are awesome! One or two of those may work for a bit of birthday art I need for the Team Flyboy thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                Sha, those are awesome! One or two of those may work for a bit of birthday art I need for the Team Flyboy thread.
                                Thanks lg - feel free to use them if they suit. I've only made the Christmas textures prior to this and I discovered when trying to use those that they didn't really work .. hopefully I've learnt a bit from that for these ones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X