Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    I'd say that's fine Jumble, Sarai, do you agree?
    Agreed

Bay it's my pleasure, and gorgeous results

Comment

Originally posted by DeliRicia View Post
      Thank you maneth! But I'm terrible at following tuts, especially for the coloring as I usually do all by myself (and sometimes I randomly try things that goes well but I couldn't "tut" anybody)

Bai, I'm about to try the Sarai's tut. Your wallpaper is really beautiful!
      This I only can second *iz nodding*. I always think my English isn't good enough to understand what exactly is meant, that's why I don't use tuts . And the German ones are dry as a wasteland ...

BTW ... wonderful sigs. Love the Andy-art - cutest RoboCop ever !!!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Sarai -- I did love it and hope to use your tut again soon for another idea.

Originally posted by DeliRicia View Post
        Thank you maneth! But I'm terrible at following tuts, especially for the coloring as I usually do all by myself (and sometimes I randomly try things that goes well but I couldn't "tut" anybody)

Bai, I'm about to try the Sarai's tut. Your wallpaper is really beautiful!
        Deli, I went back and looked at Sarai's tut after this to see if it was a hard one or not... and it's not a hard one, but it has a lot of color tweaks.
        Spoiler:
        I'm not sure what program it is that Sarai uses (I'd guess Photoshop ), but I don't think it's Gimp. So you will have to do the coloring your way if you are a Gimp user. For mine I used curves to get the pics to the brightness and contrast I wanted. I used colorize to get the gray layer to a more blue tone and then on the smaller pictures I created an addition copy of each picture that was desaturated and set higher than the color copies so that I could play with the opacity of the b&W copy to get the muted color look for each of the smaller pics by letting some of the color show through.

Not sure that makes sense, but it sounds like your used to having to do the coloring on you own anyway.

If you use Gimp I'd be more than happy to offer any help any time, at least tell you how I do things anyway. Wish there was a Gimp for Dummy's book out there. I did peek when I was at Barnes and Noble a week or so ago. They had PS, but not Gimp

I also had a thought that I'd find helpful... would it be possible to get a master list, either on the first post of this thread or in Delicious that lists what program each of us uses? I wouldn't mind collecting the info from everyone if that would make this idea possible and sending it on to one of ya'll for adding to the post...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          So. Many. Gorgeous. Pretties!

I'd say that's fine Jumble, Sarai, do you agree?
          Definitely!

I'm lagging behind, only just managed to make something that should have gone in last week's challenge

From Estrela's tut

As usual I couldn't bear to leave any negative space, or stick to just one colour
          Last edited by Jumble; 18 January 2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post

I also had a thought that I'd find helpful... would it be possible to get a master list, either on the first post of this thread or in Delicious that lists what program each of us uses? I wouldn't mind collecting the info from everyone if that would make this idea possible and sending it on to one of ya'lll for adding to the post...
            Sounds good to me

Maybe we should start a list - just quote, add your name and then remove the quote codes

Jumble - PS CS3
            Josiane - PS CS4

Comment

Thank you Jumble.

Maybe we should start a list - just quote, add your name and then remove the quote codes

Jumble - PS CS3
              Josiane - PS CS4
              Bailey - Gimp
              sigpic

Comment

Good idea - then I can link to the final list on the delicious page for future reference

Jumble - PS CS3
                Josiane - PS CS5
                Bailey - Gimp
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ooops! I forgot you jumped an upgrade - sorry

Comment

I'm guessing the 5 is very important.

Are there a lot of improvements between the 3 and 5?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Ooops! I forgot you jumped an upgrade - sorry
                      That's OK
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing the 5 is very important.
                        Nope, just teasing Jumble

Are there a lot of improvements between the 3 and 5?
                        There's a few extra features, but I haven't really found a huge amount extra that's particularly useful to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Jumble - PS CS3
                          Josiane - PS CS5
                          Bailey - Gimp
                          Estrela - PS CS3

Jumble - nice take on my tut. I'm glad you found a way to make it your own.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks ~lg.

I made one other piece of art for the celebration that I wanted to share...

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...andsscroll.jpg
                            That's really cool! Care to share the scroll pic/texture/whatever?

Lovely sigs Del

Really staggered by the amount and quality of all the textures - my textures folder doesn't know what's hit it

Originally posted by Estrela View Post

Jumble - nice take on my tut. I'm glad you found a way to make it your own.
                            Thanks I really liked working with that tut - expect to see several more versions

Comment

Jumble - PS CS3
                              Josiane - PS CS5
                              Bailey - Gimp
                              Estrela - PS CS3
                              Hyn - Gimp (art), Photo Commander (gifs)

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                              Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic
                              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                That's really cool! Care to share the scroll pic/texture/whatever?

<snipped>
                                Thank you Jumble. Found the scroll on a website for Photoshop users.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X