No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been lurking far too long..................

So many lovely pieces to look at and comment on

Lovely SeNedra, who's the character? (May be being a bit dumb, he looks familiar but I can't think who it is!)

Nice DWtS art josi, don't watch it myself but that looks so pretty.

Lovely art Nola, fantastic brushes and consider that gradient background snurched

Beautiful pieces lg (x 5!) Gotta love Winged Carson! )

Love it CMWriter, I am a bad XFiler and have to admit I still haven't seen the last film... it's on my list (of many) thing to watch, but the list never gets any shorter!

Pretty starlover Love it!

Lovely Advents all those that made them

No challenge entries this week - my muse needed kicking just to get the Secret Santa's done, it's just not in the mood to play nice at the moment

Last 2 of my Sparky Advent entries:

Last edited by Madness reigns; 09 December 2011, 05:08 AM.
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Lovely advents!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Have been lurking far too long..................

So many lovely pieces to look at and comment on

Lovely SeNedra, who's the charcter? (May be being a bit dumb, he looks familiar but I can't think who it is!)

Nice DWtS art josi, don't watch it myself but that looks so pretty.

Lovely art Nola, fantastic brushes and consider that gradient background snurched

Beautiful pieces lg (x 5!) Gotta love Winged Carson! )

Love it CMWriter, I am a bad XFiler and have to admit I still haven't seen the last film... it's on my list (of many) thing to watch, but the list never gets any shorter!

Pretty starlover Love it!

Lovely Advents all those that made them

No challenge entries this week - my muse needed kicking just to get the Secret Santa's done, it's just not in the mood to play nice at the moment

Last 2 of my Sparky Advent entries:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...l/th_SAC2a.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...al/th_SACb.jpg
      Thanks, Mr. Lately, I've been fascinated with wings.....Not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

Lovely SeNedra, who's the character? (May be being a bit dumb, he looks familiar but I can't think who it is!)
        Thank you! It is Josh Holloway, Sawyer from Lost He is hot!

Love both Advent calendars! I am all for sparky

Comment

Beautiful advents, Nola

Love the sparky art, Mr, great coloring.
          sigpic

Comment

Folks, putting the challenge post together now so if there are any last minute entries please PM them asap

Comment

Beautiful advents, Nola and Mr!
              sigpic

Comment

Banner by Josiane

Tutorial Week Four

Tut by Josiane

Josiane

Estrela

Ladygris

Tut by Bailey

Ladygris

Tut from Nolamom

Nolamom

Tut from Ladygris

Ladygris

Tut from Nolamom

Nolamom

Tut from Ladygris

Ladygris

Tut from Josiane

Josiane

Tut from Nolamom

Nolamom

Same tut with some adaptations by Nola...

Last edited by Sarai; 09 December 2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Continued...

Tut by SeNedra (in spoiler)

Spoiler:

Here are all the pics I used:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ntis_017-1.jpg
                  http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...4_1024x768.jpg
                  http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ers/gal_03.jpg
                  http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l.../others/04.jpg

1. The basic layer has colour #419dcc. Then open as layer the pic of Atlantis and resize it. Add a layer mask on the Atlantis layer (right click/add layer mask), choose black (full opacity) and invert mask. Then choose blend tool and use it on the layer: click on the place that should not be seen (on the right) and then move to the left. It will blend the two layers quite effectively. Try repeating it until it looks the way you want. Put the opacity of the layer on 62%.

2. The third layer is the pic of the ship and Stargate. Place it on the left, it will be a top layer. Resize it and once again, with some blending tool or erase, try to blend it with the pic under. It is enough from the right. Then set the layer on hard light, opacity 74%.

3. Now add the pic of Jason and resize it. I used the same blending way as before but you can choose your own.

Then insert the layer with Jewel. Here you can add a layer mask and use the eraser (set white, no invert, the front color of brush must be white and use circle fuzzy) or cut the pic with the scissors tool, round up and insert as a new layer. I used the eraser here. I suggest making the layer with Jason invisible for a while.

Put the layer with Jewel under the layer with Jason. Correct the pic with Jason as you wish, I made the connection a bit dreamy. Then I made a few corrections, I cut a piece from the ship layer and put it into the right top corner, blended it so it is on the top.

4. Now we are going to play with the coloring, starting with Jewel. Set brightness and contrast on 9, sharpen the pic. I chose 12. Duplicate the layer and use colours/retinex, highest, 240/3/1,1. Set the layer mode to overlay, opacity 50%. Now Jason pic. Sharpen the layer and improve bright/contrast as well. Duplicate the layer and use retinex, the same settings. Put the layer on mode screen, opacity 27%, duplicate this layer, set the opacity on 67% and desaturate the pic, choose the second option (brightness?).

5. Now duplicate the bottom layer, move the duplicate to the top and change set it on soft light, 50% opacity. Now to the text. Words Ronon and Jennifer are LCDMono Bold, size 20. And is the same font, size 10, space between letters 2, The love on Atlantis is the same font, size 10, space between letters 1, white color, opacity of the layer 80%. I put another text layer between, using _____, it makes the line between.

6. Merge all layers. Duplicate the layer, choose colors/ colorate (170/40/0). Set the layer on hard light, opacity 10% only. Flatten the image. Duplicate the layer. Then use the topaz clean on the top layer, CrispStyle, strength , threshold 0,5, radius 6. Finally put the opacity on 53% and merge the layers.

Tut from SeNedra

SeNedra

Tut from Ladygris

Ladygris

Tut from Ladygris

Ladygris

Comment

Next weeks challenge to be posted very soon...

Comment

Challenge Week 15
                      Colour

This week we have a colour challenge for you. The challenge is to make a piece of art where the main colour is RED - this could be in the texture, in the screencaps you choose, or in the colourisation you choose. There are no rules, just make it RED!

Size: Any
                      Pics: Any
                      Text: Any

Please PM your entries this week to Josiane

Comment

Wonderful pieces of artwork! And sounds like a fun challenge.....

Comment

Wonderful art everyone!! I even found a Tut I might try! The challenge sounds interesting to say the least...

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Friday Fun! Great stuff everybody.

Red huh? Not really my color, but that's why it's a challenge, right?
                            sigpic

Comment

Wonderful art and tut everyone!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's an entry for the new challenge... Not quite sure what I think of it yet.

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X