Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Our biggest problem here is that if PB does shut us down we would lose all the challenge images on this thread - doesn't bear thinking about
    But there's always deviantART to at least think about as a fallback plan; some people may think its full of crap and really bad art and nudity and whatnot, but honestly, that's only a fraction of whats really there. There's some really GOOD artists on that site. Some of us in this thread included btw

Personally I stick with DA myself, but to each their own, I tried using LiveJournal's image hosting but it was too limited for my desires. so DA ended up being my mainstay, heck I even post my stories there. I barely use fanfiction.net anymore and I couldnt get my way around AO3

BUT like I said to each their own, and its worth thinknig about a possiblity of moving to DA to host images ? Just a thought!

Oh and a art piece is coming soon from me, you'll like it... I hope. If Only I can get the effect right.....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The main problem is DA's demand for credits for everything. Good in principle, but to be honest, I can't keep track of all the credits for the stocks and especially textures that I use, and to ensure I give credit to at least the DA members whose stuff I borrow...
      sigpic

Comment

Am I right in thinking that with DA you can only post links to your art on here, not the actual image?

Comment

Thank you Jumble!

And, last I checked, yes you can not post thumbnails from da. I haven't been back to da in a few months, the last time was to look for some other curve settings for gimp. But I could be wrong...
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
            Thank you Jumble!

And, last I checked, yes you can not post thumbnails from da. I haven't been back to da in a few months, the last time was to look for some other curve settings for gimp. But I could be wrong...
            Thanks, that's what I thought, which makes DA totally unsuitable for making the challenge posts.

Comment

DA uses a thumbcode for within DA OR you can rightclick on the image to get the exact direct link, but thumbnails arent possible no; However you can make a suggestion for it so we can put it through beta testing.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Woohooo!!! Lets hear it for Jack and the Marvel boys. Awesome job everyone!!!

Here's my addition to the Marvel men. Always been a sucker for blonds and blue eyes. lol

Comment

Gorgeous

Is it bad that I can't help but remember Chris from way back in Home and Away every time I see Thor?

Comment

Just an heads-up: i'll be posting the entries a little later than usual. So if you still have to finish yours, here's your chance.
                    Sorry for any inconvenience.
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

banner by Jumble

Jumble

Scifan

SCIMM

Slizzie

yamiinsane

Last edited by JadedWraith; 08 July 2017, 01:01 AM. Reason: adding one entry
                      sigpic

Comment

As you can see, posting this week is...interesting.

I'll host the missing images on my account elsewhere ( with your permission, I hope) while we figure out what to do.

I honestly don't know why some are visible and others are not.

Jumble

Slizzie

If someone else's disappears, I'll host you as well, at least for this week.
                        Last edited by JadedWraith; 07 July 2017, 12:03 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

This situation is just so depressing

Comment

banner by Lilith

Tutorial Week 66

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries (both your original tutorial and any art you make following a tutorial this week) to Sarai, till next Friday, 14th, 5PM UCT.

sigpic

Comment

*shakes fist at stupid PB*

We have a plan, guys. The thread will be pretty again. They will not defeat us!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                As you can see, posting this week is...interesting.

I'll host the missing images on my account elsewhere ( with your permission, I hope) while we figure out what to do.

I honestly don't know why some are visible and others are not.
                                Probably because some are on PB and some are not?

Anywoo, thanks for hosting them elsewhere this time

Edit: Yes, we do have a plan

Comment

Working...
                                X