No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are lovely, Britta, and seriously gorgeous challenge entry, yami!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You know when you have an idea in your mind, and you wrestle and wrestle with the pics, and nothing works and you can't get it to look like you want it to and it just looks rubbish and you're on the verge of junking it and then you do something random and unexpected and all of a sudden, hey, that actually looks kind of good? Yeah, that...

(Challenge entry, also. There are three of those textures in there )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        You know when you have an idea in your mind, and you wrestle and wrestle with the pics, and nothing works and you can't get it to look like you want it to and it just looks rubbish and you're on the verge of junking it and
        Yes, I definitely know that part
        ....then you do something random and unexpected and all of a sudden, hey, that actually looks kind of good? Yeah, that...
        That bit not so much I'll get back to you if and when the one I've been wrestling with since Friday ever comes together

Beautiful!

Comment

thanks Jumble! Mostly my problem was that I hate blending and so it would not work until I found a way to mask all the messy rubbish blending I'd done!
          sigpic

Comment

That was the problem I was having with your wp and am still having with my challenge entry It's not so much that I hate blending, more that I can't flippin' do it

I actually think I've chosen the wrong main pic, so I may just start again with another

Comment

Thank you Josi, and gorgeous wallie!
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Changed the pic of Athos (several times ) and gave up trying to blend. Plonked a load of textures on instead (three from the challenge) and it seems to have worked

(based on Josi's tut)

Comment

You know when you have an idea in your mind, and you wrestle and wrestle with the pics, and nothing works and you can't get it to look like you want it to and it just looks rubbish and you're on the verge of junking it
                  Yes, all too well

and then you do something random and unexpected and all of a sudden, hey, that actually looks kind of good? Yeah, that...
                  That part not so much yet, but practice is supposed to help, right

So pretty!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Changed the pic of Athos (several times ) and gave up trying to blend. Plonked a load of textures on instead (three from the challenge) and it seems to have worked

I like how you've used the textures

Comment

Challenge entry with three of the textures:

Comment

Thanks yami and SCIMM! And great work on your challenge entries, SCIMM and Jumble Jumble, that's a great choice of pics and yay for it finally coming together SCIMM, love how simple and effective that is, makes that picture really dynamic.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lovely stuff everyone!
                        sigpic

Comment

Anyone else see The Good Place?

Last edited by Britta; 20 September 2016, 11:03 AM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Thanks Josi

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                            I like how you've used the textures
                            Thank you - more wine-assisted hit and miss artwork

No, not seen it, but love those! Perhaps next Tutorial week you could give us a tut for the sig? *smiles sweetly*

Comment

SCIMM, love how simple and effective that is, makes that picture really dynamic.
                              Thank you

Here's another attempt, this time with 5 of the textures:

Comment

Cool!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X