No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge entry. One of my favorite movies ever, and also to commemorate Kenny "R2D2" Baker who recently died.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Cool! Dirty Dancing is one of my all-time favorites too. I shuddered when I heard they're doing a remake!
      A remake? I know it's been adapted for a stage show I hate remakes

Nice Star Wars art

Comment

Thanks Jumble! I have mixed feelings about remakes, some of them can be very good, e.g. Battlestar Galactica.
        sigpic

Comment

Athos tutorial

Spoiler:

Athos Tutorial
          Might be compatible with GIMP if you forget the colouring psd at the final stages. I made another colouring which might work for GIMP/ other software.
          Texture 1
          http://cdn.nickpic.host/images/3dfSW.jpg

texture 3
          http://cdn.nickpic.host/images/3dNyc.png

1. You take this texture 1, invert it and with an adjustment layer> gradient map > from 00000 to 9c0514 (or in reverse) you change the colours to crimson and black. You may use other colours but then you’ll have to rethink the colouring you use at the final stage. Here ‘s the changed texture 1/or now
          texture 2 (crinsom version)
          http://cdn.nickpic.host/images/3d011.jpg

2. Then you position the texture in a way you like on canvas. I tilted it a bit.
          3. Position your main model (bigger) over the central part and change the blend mode to luminosity.
          4. Place texture 3 over the canvas in blend mode screen.

5. Add png ( 15) from the Sense pngs 500 watchers pack. Note that I chose a png with reds and yellows on it. http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pack-P...hers-620011977
          6. Add png 3 from the same pack. You’ll adjust its size and position later.
          7. Add you main model. Readjust sizes and positions from the previous pngs on steps 5 and 6, so you can get the most effect out of them, behind your model (I actually position the models first and then adjust the stock pngs around them).
          8. I added the dotted line ( from a brush pack I got from Deviant art, I can’t remember the author, but there are several you can look for) and the text
          ATthos http://www.dafont.com/pt/search.php?q=Quinn (96 px)
          Forever calibri caps

9. I added one of the light textures from pack 41 Vanessax17 I can’t remember exactly which but I remember I flipped it vertical and horizontally , so just chose one that suits you and play with it. Vanessa has also other stunning packs, so make sure to take a peek at her resources and her amazing art.

http://vanessax17.deviantart.com/art...ax17-594690188

10 I added the psd colouring pack Sloth from Evey-V.
          http://evey-v.deviantart.com/art/PSD...loth-531762163

This colouring is beautiful but it only fully works if you have reds in your piece, turning them into orange and golden colours. Other colours like green and blue turn into greyish neutrals, so the choice of pngs and background colours is deliberate.

10. Colouring for software other than photoshop (GIMP, PXP, etc…)

However, you may try to play with color balance/hue saturation and make an alternative similar colouring
          Warning : these settings work on Photoshop-using another software you might have to adapt/adjust them a bit to get similar results ( I know : life sucks!)
          1- Hue /saturation

Master
          Hue +22, saturation 0, lightness 0

2- Color balance

Midtones +19 -26 -66
          Shadows -7, +13, +30
          Highlights -40,-40,-39

3- Hue /saturation

Master
          Hue 0, saturation +11, lightness -11

Now you GIMP wizards have to tell me if this works for you or not.

My result

12 : then you use your favourite filters and that’s it.
          What I did was:
          I made a stamp and then made another copy of the stamp.

On the upper copy I use REDUCE NOISE filter with these settings

Strength -6
          Preserve details 60%
          Reduce color noise 45 %
          Preserve details 25%
          I reduce the opacity of this layer to 40-60%

Underneath this copy of the stamp, on the other copy, I applied SMART sharpen at 100%

SMART SHARPEN
          Basic/default
          Radius 1px / 100%

Explanatory gif
          Last edited by JadedWraith; 15 August 2016, 03:13 AM.
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks for that JW

Comment

Cool tut!
              sigpic

Comment

thank so much JW for the tut
                sigpic
                Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Thanks Bandcat, Mane and Jumble. I just tried to make it accessible to a larger group of people.
                  sigpic
                  Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                  Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Based on this tut by JW and spoilered for The Musketeers 309................

Spoiler:

I didn't understand the Gradient Map stuff so I just winged it with Selective Colour

Comment

Looks great!

Gradient maps are handy occasionally though, I often use them to limit the palette on a pic.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mane

I must be really dumb because I don't understand palette either

Comment

Wow, Jumble, that's awesome!
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Is it? Well thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Thanks Mane

I must be really dumb because I don't understand palette either
                              Aww... We had a palette challenge recently, where the idea was to use a limited number of colors in a pic. Selected coloring in other words, but gradient maps should work in Gimp too. Almost always I tend to use either overlay or screen as the blending mode, sometimes soft light, and rarely more than 50 percent opacity.

I used gradient maps, among other things, on the coloring for these:

sigpic

Comment

Gradient Map/Selective Color = Gradient Color in my version of GIMP

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X