Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous artwork!

Josi , would you mind doing a tutorial for your second Musketeers WP? The one with multiple pictures?

Comment

Sure I'll try and write one up tomorrow.
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
          Have enjoyed seeing the Martimas art as well as the tut challenge art so far. Felt inspired...

I decided to try this tut by JadedWraith.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/bailey1ak/CH%20Art/Other/th_BaySnowWhiteJadedTut.jpg

It was a great tut, Jaded. I used it all except I substituted Charming's castle for the city scene.
          Oh, Bai, that is perfect. The "replacement" was spot on!
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            In my opinion, it doesn't need more (textures). The background images were rich enough. It's truly beautiful, SCIMM. Well done!
            Thank you

Have enjoyed seeing the Martimas art as well as the tut challenge art so far. Felt inspired...

I decided to try this tut by JadedWraith.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...teJadedTut.jpg

It was a great tut, Jaded. I used it all except I substituted Charming's castle for the city scene.
            Beautiful work!

Comment

Tutorial for this wp, as requested by ladygris:

Spoiler:

1. Start with your main picture, position and fill the canvas with it. A few points:
              - For this wp to work you need one with a relatively dark background - this one is practically black on the right hand side under where the little pics and textures are going to go. So you might want to paint in a darker background at least on the right hand side if yours isn't like that - just use a large soft brush on a new layer over the top.
              - I got a lot for free from the background of this pic, including the smokiness behind Aramis. But there are lots of fab smoke textures you could use on top of your character pic if you want the same effect but don't have it in the original pic you use.
              - When I'd placed Aramis where I wanted him (...) the pic didn't completely fill the canvas. So I duplicated the layer and moved the lower of the two over to the right to fill the space, then blended them in using a layer mask.
              - For reference, here's what I started with!

2. Next add your little pictures. I cropped these from their originals using the rectangle select tool with a fixed ratio to make sure I had squares and then a nice even rectangle. Resize them once they're on the canvas to get them lined up nicely.

3. My pics all had different colouring to the main one, and in particular, the rectangular one was very yellow in tone, so I used image > adjustments > selective colouring on that one to take a lot of the yellowness out of it. Then, to blend them in better, add a new layer and use the rectangle select to draw round them all, then fill this with #736357 (picked from the background of the main pic using the eyedropper) and set this layer to color at 50%. This gives them more of the brownish tone of the main picture.

4. Next add the text. The fonts are Adobe Garamond and Jane Austen, colour is #e7ccba (again picked from the background with the eyedropper). Adjust the character spacing until the lines are justified to line up with the pictures above.

5. Now add this texture onto a new layer beneath the small pics/text layers but above your main pic, set to lighten. Position it nicely and then use the rectangle select tool to crop it to line up with the small pics so that it's a vertical slice underneath them and the text. Because it's on lighten, there won't be any hard edges at the top of the slice (where the texture is dark). Add a layer mask and use a large soft brush to erase the bottom of the slice - you should end up with the hard edges to either side of the small pics and text, fading away below.

6. Next add this texture and position underneath the text just slightly to the left and below.

7. Now add a new layer on top of everything, fill with #905f50 and set to overlay.

8. Add a curves adjustment layer to brighten it a bit. Not a lot though:
              - Point 1: output 60, input 51
              - Point 2: output 227, input 209

9. Finally make a stamp of the whole thing, sharpen and you're done
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thank you, Jaded.

Thanks SCIMM... you captured the feel of Gravity wonderfully in yours.

That is a beautiful wallpaper tut, Josi.
                sigpic

Comment

May try this with a lighter purple dress, pose is identical to the red one {and yes this is Elsa quite freaked out[DO NOT ASK WHY]} At least I got the hair color I'm after!

Background in this shot is actually the same ice texture minus snowflake pattern as the red dress shot; this ice texture is also the 'floor' she is standing on

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Beautiful colouring on Elsa's dress. Well done!
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Wow! Great art everyone. JW, maybe I will give your Tut a try, we'll see ...

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      We got Hyn using textures? Yay!
                      Ya, sometimes miracles happen :

I see a lot Musketeers-art ... now you got, I completely lost track about when season 2 started *argh*. Must find a source to watch - thanks for the headsup on this topic *runs off to find a source to watch the season premiere*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

S2 started here last Sunday, so you're not too far behind

Gorgeous colouring on that wp

Comment

I had a go at Josi's Aramis wp..

Comment

Princess Awinita - wonderful changes to Elsa... particularly love the colors in the dress.

Hyn - beautiful wallpaper. Love the use of color in this dark piece... very effective.

Jumble - your Athos version of Josi's tut turned out gorgeous.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bay

Comment

Princess Awinita - wonderful changes to Elsa... particularly love the colors in the dress.
                                Thanks! Got more colors coming {Green, light purple, dark blue, cyan, etc}

Though right now I can only really use the Filter Pack settings to remake colors {red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, magenta} so I am experimenting with Colorfy {full on color maker; however the lightness is darker and needs heavy duty tweaking. One of these days I will figure out how to make a video and upload it ot youtube as a tut on how I make Elsa art}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X