Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Here are two Hook inspired pieces I made. One is my current wallpaper and the other is a different Facebook Cover I made

click for larger

sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Beautiful work on the siggie/FB cover but I can't really see the second pieces.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        Beautiful work on the siggie/FB cover but I can't really see the second pieces.
        Thanks!

Hmm...If you click on them it goes to the bigger version. I just checked the link and it should work.
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

I guess it's just a question of contrast with the background which makes it easier or harder to read. medium to darker blue should work fine or whatever colour you like.

Spoiler:
          the red is a cultural thing: it's a nice colour but where I come from it's rude to use it for writing ( it is a way of telling the reader to #### off (self censored, GW, calm down). Bear in mind I'm not saying that was your intention at all. I'm just explaining. Most teachers here avoid red for correcting tests or essays.
          Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
          I would stick to the medium blue. That's perfect. Thanks
          Well, red is used where I come from as a form of speaking plainly and truthfully; and in some cases, deadly or skilled. {blue is normally someone of higher control or command of a situation} Red is also a form of self worth, {the darker the red, the more the worth, etc} With my new avatar {and soon to come sigpicture} I'm going to make some personal changes; in other words, I've gained a rank within the Brotherhood

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            Well, red is used where I come from as a form of speaking plainly and truthfully; and in some cases, deadly or skilled. {blue is normally someone of higher control or command of a situation} Red is also a form of self worth, {the darker the red, the more the worth, etc} With my new avatar {and soon to come sigpicture} I'm going to make some personal changes; in other words, I've gained a rank within the Brotherhood
            That is a beautiful meaning for the colour. I do see it as a statement colour and it brings a lot of positive energy. I personally love it ( I always like to have some piece of clothing in red) but I was just pointing out that some may view it in a very different way. I have art with writing in red, BTW. I'm fighting that particular prejudice.

I still brushing off my piece: I'm not very found of my own art lately.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
              Thanks!

Hmm...If you click on them it goes to the bigger version. I just checked the link and it should work.
              The thumbnails did not show for me at all, last night. I only saw was a white space. And sorry for the double post.

Awww those are gorgeous! Well done!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Here are two Hook inspired pieces I made. One is my current wallpaper and the other is a different Facebook Cover I made

click for larger
                http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/th_Hook2.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q..._HookShip1.jpg
                Not a fan of OUAT but these are awesome too well done
                On the edge of breaking down
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

The thumbnails did not show for me at all, last night. I only saw was a white space. And sorry for the double post.

Awww those are gorgeous! Well done!
                  Thanks you guys!

One more from that scene. I'm gonna try and move on to some other scenes now...LOL

sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Gorgeous art, everyone!

Well, I've made two new wallies this past week and just now putting them up.

sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Kind of a bummer as my avatar {and soon to come sigpicture} are from the OUaT Season 3 Finale/teaser

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Some very pretty stuff! I haven't done anything artistic in awhile. I started on a piece, but it was looking very pedestrian...
                        sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous artworks everyone! It won't let me green.

Fangirl, those pics had me thinking all kinds of things and not artwork related.

Some more artwork following another tutorial over at Shadowplay. I'm trying to learn blends and they have such great tutorials over at Shadowplay. I'm surprised my attention span lasted this long!! Not to sure on colouring (its my own as I have an old version of photoshop). Here's the link http://z10.invisionfree.com/Shadowpl...howtopic=52778.

sigpic
                          Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

You obtained quite credible results with the older version!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks you guys!

One more from that scene. I'm gonna try and move on to some other scenes now...LOL

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/DanJackgirl/Wallpapers/th_imagejpg1.jpg
                              But that is so pretty! Art is a nice way to get "something out of your system". I'm not the biggest OUAT fan but I like those two together.
                              Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                              Gorgeous art, everyone!

Well, I've made two new wallies this past week and just now putting them up.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_aos-432522-yami.jpg http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_skye-324432-yami.jpg
                              Aww gorgeous stuff. I see how AoS still inspires you. Well done!
                              Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Some very pretty stuff! I haven't done anything artistic in awhile. I started on a piece, but it was looking very pedestrian...
                              Pedestrian? Your stuff? I seriously doubt that but I'm at a stage in my life where I really don't like my stuff. So I can understand you.

I kinda like this one though...

sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous work, JW! Any chance of a tut for that?

Comment

Working...
                                X