Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    So, for Gimp art, would u be using the mm measurements? Thanks for the link, btw!

Love Reign!!
    Me too! I binged watched the first half of the season becuase I just couldn't stop! I love Megan Followes as Catherine, she is so good! And all the characters are awesome.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      Me too! I binged watched the first half of the season becuase I just couldn't stop! I love Megan Followes as Catherine, she is so good! And all the characters are awesome.
      I did the same thing! I didn't start watching it until they were 10 episodes in and so I binge-watched them all online in a couple days and got caught up. I'm a fan of Adelaide Kincaid as Mary and I adore both Bash and Francis and so I don't care who she ends up with, lol

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

I did the same thing! I didn't start watching it until they were 10 episodes in and so I binge-watched them all online in a couple days and got caught up. I'm a fan of Adelaide Kincaid as Mary and I adore both Bash and Francis and so I don't care who she ends up with, lol
        Well, I prefer Bash, Francis is nice too. He's not a bad guy, so I can't dislike him.

I have to do a Catherine Wall next I think. And one of just Bash. Good thing I have a week off before my new job starts!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
          Does anyone know how to make it look like one edge of a picture is torn? In honor of my new job, I'm making Reign artwork and I have this idea, but don't know how to execute it.
          using layer masks is probably the easiest. If you have a torn-edged paper texture, place your picture over it. Then, go to the layer of the torn-edge texture and go up to select>load selection. Go back to your picture layer while the selection is active, add a layer mask from the button at the bottom of your layers panel. Next, hit CTRL+SHIFT+I this will invert your selection. Use the fill tool to fill with black, this will make everything that is not the texture "disappear".

I'll make a visual tutorial in a few minutes if you need it.
          sigpic

Comment

Alternately, just create a clipping mask

sigpic

Comment

So, for Gimp art, would u be using the mm measurements? Thanks for the link, btw!
              Loooong time since I used Gimp, so I can't remember I guess you use mm if that's what Gimp offers?

Comment

(Banner by Major Ryan)

Challenge Week 112
                Black & White

A devilishly simple challenge this week - make your art completely black and white. For any of you who've tried it, it's not as easy as it sounds!

IamDKScully

Josiane

Jaded Wraith

Comment

(banner by IamDKScully)

CHALLENGE WEEK 113

Texture/s & Fave Song Lyrics

Your challenge this week is to create a piece of artwork using at least one
                  of the textures below along with lyrics from your current favourite song.

Size: Any
                  Text: Must include a lyric from your current favourite song.
                  Pics: Any, as long as you use at least one of the textures shown.

SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO SARAI BY 5PM (GMT) NEXT FRIDAY.

Comment

Great job Josi!

And JW, I may have to snurch that Aragorn Love it!
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Love the Aragorn, JW! All out of green I'm afraid...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                        Great job Josi!

And JW, I may have to snurch that Aragorn Love it!
                        Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Love the Aragorn, JW! All out of green I'm afraid...
                        Go ahead and thanks ladies! There is a colour version, if you prefer. It started as a colour piece.
                        Spoiler:

I love Josi's wallie. It works perfectly.
                        IDKScully: Your pieces are *gasp* worthy

And when are we going to see yours, Mane? We miss you!
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Nice work, JW!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            using layer masks is probably the easiest. If you have a torn-edged paper texture, place your picture over it. Then, go to the layer of the torn-edge texture and go up to select>load selection. Go back to your picture layer while the selection is active, add a layer mask from the button at the bottom of your layers panel. Next, hit CTRL+SHIFT+I this will invert your selection. Use the fill tool to fill with black, this will make everything that is not the texture "disappear".

I'll make a visual tutorial in a few minutes if you need it.
                            Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Alternately, just create a clipping mask

Thanks, I'll keep these in mind once I get some textures.

sigpic

Comment

Great work everyone

Comment

I had PB issues and couldn't send mine so here they are...

I can't get a thumbnail from Imgur...

http://i.imgur.com/URNoyLC.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X