Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a basic tut by oh,deer

Its purpose is getting a "topaz like look" without actually having Topaz. For example, you take this base

and obtain something like this

(I sharpened a bit to enhance the effect and counteract PB messing with it)

For all those who won't bother to sign in, here is the text "ipsis verbis"
    Spoiler:

Hello, dudes! This is India and I want to show you how to create a topaz effect without actually having the plugin. It is so simple, you'll wonder why you didn't thought about this before hehe xD

Well, all you have to do is merging all the layers (I wouldn't recommend the classic way, you should just Ctrl + Shift + Alt + U - it will create a new merged layers without deleting the others wink.gif ). After you did this, go to Filters -> Noise -> Reduce Noise & apply these settings:
    Strength : 6-7;
    Preserve Detail : 0-2
    Reduce Color Noise : 0
    Sharpen Details : up to you, but I keep it around 50-60.
    Okay, so after doing this, you’ll get the awesome effect. But you shouldn’t let it like that, because it will make your graphic look bad D: I usually lower the opacity of the layer to 40-50%, but it’s totally up to you. You should also try to erase with a lowered opacity brush some parts that are still annoying. If you want. Again, up to you <3 You can check my gallery. All the graphics I have there have this effect applied on (excepting the Game of Thrones icon set & the Lucifer blend ^.^)

I want to thank picanta@dA for telling about this in a coloring guide.

I also (thanks to Nola for the inspiration) made my two first basic gifs

She looks like me when I get my bills

and of course...

using this tutorial by bonesnap very loosely. I won't transcribe this one because it uses images.

My apologies for being all tuts for photoshop. I've been looking for stuff for GIMP/PS but, although I found lovely stuff, they all envolved brushes I can't download and therefore, test to see if it works. I'm still searching.
    Last edited by JadedWraith; 05 January 2014, 06:26 AM. Reason: missing word
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      This is a basic tut by oh,deer

Its purpose is getting a "topaz like look" without actually having Topaz. For example, you take this base
      http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps08071688.jpg
      and obtain something like this
      http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr178/JadedWraith_Queen/AFAChallenges/140105/JW_topazlikeeffect_zps71b9e5dd.jpg[/IMG]

(I sharpened a bit to enhance the effect and counteract PB messing with it)

For all those who won't bother to sign in, here is the text "ipsis verbis"
      Spoiler:

Hello, dudes! This is India and I want to show you how to create a topaz effect without actually having the plugin. It is so simple, you'll wonder why you didn't thought about this before hehe xD

Well, all you have to do is merging all the layers (I wouldn't recommend the classic way, you should just Ctrl + Shift + Alt + U - it will create a new merged layers without deleting the others wink.gif ). After you did this, go to Filters -> Noise -> Reduce Noise & apply these settings:
      Strength : 6-7;
      Preserve Detail : 0-2
      Reduce Color Noise : 0
      Sharpen Details : up to you, but I keep it around 50-60.
      Okay, so after doing this, you’ll get the awesome effect. But you shouldn’t let it like that, because it will make your graphic look bad D: I usually lower the opacity of the layer to 40-50%, but it’s totally up to you. You should also try to erase with a lowered opacity brush some parts that are still annoying. If you want. Again, up to you <3 You can check my gallery. All the graphics I have there have this effect applied on (excepting the Game of Thrones icon set & the Lucifer blend ^.^)

I want to thank picanta@dA for telling about this in a coloring guide.

I also (thanks to Nola for the inspiration) made my two first basic gifs
      http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps6ab2716a.gif
      She looks like me when I get my bills
      and of course...
      http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfef93a35.gif
      using this tutorial by bonesnap very loosely. I won't transcribe this one because it uses images.

My apologies for being all tuts for photoshop. I've been looking for stuff for GIMP/PS but, although I found lovely stuff, they all envolved brushes I can't download and therefore, test to see if it works. I'm still searching.
      Very nice work! Not sure I could make a gif.

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
        Very nice work! Not sure I could make a gif.
        I was absolutely positive I would never make one.So...from what read it's a similar procedure in GIMP-each layer correlates to one frame of the animation; you choose the time each frame shows up ( in this case was 0,2 sec or 200 ms) and save it as a gif. These are very simple: I made only five layers ( and five frames). You can add effects, movement etc...Nola is the master
        sigpic

Comment

I'm actually pretty angry right now. My computer is NOT fixed and will be returning to the shop tomorrow.
          sigpic

Comment

Nola, that sucks! Sorry to hear it.
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              I'm actually pretty angry right now. My computer is NOT fixed and will be returning to the shop tomorrow.
              Oh, I'm sorry for that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                Oh, I'm sorry for that.
                Same here

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that.
                  sigpic

Comment

That is AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      That is AWESOME!!
                      Only you guys to cheer me up!
                      sigpic

Comment

Loosely based on this tut by Ikorni.....

I did say 'loosely'

Comment

Wow, brilliant!

Comment

"loosely" is the creative part...I love them. I can't green you. I can't green anyone here
                            sigpic

Comment

New work
                              Danny is sad, so Sammy gives him a cookie

*science babies* <3
                              'And maybe we'll come back, to Earth, who can tell?'
                              Tumblr | Jack & Daniel | PSD & Textures | DeviantART

Comment

Loosely based on this tut by Ikorni.....

I did say 'loosely'
                                Very nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X