Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    I just found out that my ancient version of Paint Shop Pro doesn't support neither the Gimp nor the PS versions of the brushes, how unfortunate
    Oh that is lousy to say the least...maybe you could ask for an alternative challenge.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Really? I download everything directly to my desktop, that way I can find them easily

You should be able to choose where your downloads go - open your browser and click Tools>options>general and it should give you the option to download to the desktop or browse to choose a different destination
      Generally they go to transfers but, if some reason, I've downloaded something from one site to a particular folder, it memorises it and everything from that site will go to that folder. Some months after, it's hard to remember where did it go.
      sigpic

Comment

Morning, all. Need an opinion.

Does this font work with these pics?

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/th_fonts2_zpsf22e956d.jpg

Personally, I think it does. What kind of font did you have in mind?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            Oh that is lousy to say the least...maybe you could ask for an alternative challenge.
            Thanks - I will certainly enjoy looking at the art you're all creating with the nice brushes

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...psf22e956d.jpg
            I'd say yes.

Comment

Personally, I think it does. What kind of font did you have in mind?
              It IS Loki, so something in your face...

One of these, maybe. The one on the first pic is Chopin.

Comment

It IS Loki, so something in your face...

One of these, maybe. The one on the first pic is Chopin.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/theicemenace/th_fonts_zpsd454346d.jpg
                I like Chopin and for some weird reason, Great Victorian. Jellyka fonst are nice but become a bit hard to read...You could mix it, using a more "normal font" and then using an artsy one on the words you'd like to emphasize (e.g.: Villain/Hero ) Well, in these things, go with your gut feeling. It's generally the correct option.

Let me disagree with you, there. Loki is subtlety, illusion, misdirection.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...something didn't quite translate *sigh*

Anyone know how to "unmerge" 2 layers in Gimp without undoing everything you've done since you merged them??
                  sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I like Chopin and for some weird reason, Great Victorian. Jellyka fonst are nice but become a bit hard to read...You could mix it, using a more "normal font" and then using an artsy one on the words you'd like to emphasize (e.g.: Villain/Hero ) Well, in these things, go with your gut feeling. It's generally the correct option.

Let me disagree with you, there. Loki is subtlety, illusion, misdirection.
                    How about this?

Comment

I prefer the first version - or perhaps it's just because I miss the drop shadow on the first part of the sentences?

Comment

I prefer the first version - or perhaps it's just because I miss the drop shadow on the first part of the sentences?
                        I can add that in.

Comment

yes, something like that!

that is why asking for opinions is always tricky...No two minds are alike.
                          sigpic

Comment

that is why asking for opinions is always tricky...No two minds are alike.

Comment

Comment

Oh, yes the banner is my favorite

Comment

Working...
                                X