Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    This is very interesting, thanks I think the worst part for me would be not being able to easily edit the stamped layer, so I better not stamp until the end result is there
    I typically stamp and then change my mind But that's me.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      Hey, all!

Been a bit MIA lately, and likely will continue for a bit. I'm starting work on Christmas gifts as I'm making them by hand this year, so it's taking a LOT of time. Great artwork in the meantime.

Since it's tut week, I had a go at this tut by josiane. Changed it up a bit, as you'll see, but I quite like it.
      http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...ighting-Si.jpg
      And a wallie inspired by. . .I believe it was RiG a few weeks ago.
      http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...dManWallie.jpg
      Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        I typically stamp and then change my mind But that's me.
        I'm making so many beginner's mistakes that I think stamping would be bad for my health, lol

Comment

Undo and delete layer are your friends. And mistakes are part of the process, even for advanced users. And there are some "happy mistakes".
          sigpic

Comment

Undo and delete layer are your friends. And mistakes are part of the process, even for advanced users. And there are some "happy mistakes".
            Absolutely - happy mistakes are the best mistakes

Since I can't stamp in PSP I followed bandcat's advice on how to copy merged and paste as new layer while working my way through this wonderful tutorial by josiane.

End result:

I learned that it can be a big mistake to have white as background, it does odd things to some of the blend mode effects. Next time I'll make sure to use a photo or texture as bottom layer
            I found the photo of Amanda in the AT thunk thread, many thanks to the person who removed the background and cut out her hair

Comment

Love it Muse!
              sigpic

----------
              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Lovely AT banner SCiMM! Sorry I can't green you yet, but here's some virtual green.
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Comment

some more zodiac themed art...

I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great zodiac new entries, Lilith. I have the same sign as Sam, and almost the same birthday...Thanks for the comparison with Lucifer: we Tauruses do enjoy rainsing Hell !

And my entriesfor this week

The first is from the fabulous Band of Brothers tut by Major Ryan

and this tut by RodneyIsgodney

I absolutely love the resulting colouring.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just recently got onto Tumblr, and love the number of pics and gifs there...then it got me wondering if we should have a Tumblr sized kind of art challenge one day.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            I just recently got onto Tumblr, and love the number of pics and gifs there...then it got me wondering if we should have a Tumblr sized kind of art challenge one day.
                            Yes and the creativity there is mind boggling...I don't have an account but today all fangirling roads lead there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes and the creativity there is mind boggling...I don't have an account but today all fangirling roads lead there.
                              Just browsing the site gets me dizzy (both good and bad). But it's great for Gifs really. It's confusing, but I can't stop fiddling with my account, which naturally made me think of art, which made me think of AFA...
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Great work everyone. I couldn't find any tuts I thought I could complete with any accuracy so I'll just sit in the stands and cheer.

Comment

Working...
                                X