Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the double post:

I was asking about the colours on this sig....

...and I was given the suggestion I should go darker with the "brown":

So, what's the veredict?
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      Oh, I love it. And great use of the pen. I'm Not very good with it. I only use it to get text in a path and even that is with great effort.
      Pixar is very good for practice... just the right amount of curves and straight lines to make it seem not that difficult.... pretty sure if i had to cut out something else, i'd me v frustrates.....

So, what's the veredict?
      i like the first one better.... the darker one just looks... idk, like he's covered in poo or something... if you wanna keep the darker brown, maybe something with a bit of a redder or yellow tint? a bronze/mustard would accent the gold he's wearing really well without muting out the green too much....
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
        Pixar is very good for practice... just the right amount of curves and straight lines to make it seem not that difficult.... pretty sure if i had to cut out something else, i'd me v frustrates.....

i like the first one better.... the darker one just looks... idk, like he's covered in poo or something... if you wanna keep the darker brown, maybe something with a bit of a redder or yellow tint? a bronze/mustard would accent the gold he's wearing really well without muting out the green too much....
        Yeah, I think he looses the golden glow of the original and a certain texture about him. The brown used, is, believe it or not, from original pic. But I could fiddle with it more, you're right.

EDIT to add: let's consider he's covered in chocolate ( belgian), You know, Loki+ chocolate: my world couldn't get better
        sigpic

Comment

how about a combination of the two - the collar and the cuff on the left arm - keep the lighter version, the basic coat - go with the darker. That way, you'd get the golden highlights while adding the deeper color

ETA: Like this

Last edited by Nolamom; 15 September 2013, 06:02 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

So, what's the veredict?
            I really like the first because of the contrast and the gold highlights that's just so gorgeous in the original poster. The second one just sort of...erases and flattens him.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Thanks, it's Finnish model Kirsi Pyrhönen. I basically picked her because we're compatriots. The original image I worked with was 500*500 and I used a 200% zoom...
            Virtual green, really. Pretty, pretty colouring.

Originally posted by Ayanna View Post
            Nice works <3 I especially like the one with unicorns
            Sam and Danny
            Beautiful colouring!
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              how about a combination of the two - the collar and the cuff on the left arm - keep the lighter version, the basic coat - go with the darker. That way, you'd get the golden highlights while adding the deeper color
              I might try that.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
              I really like the first because of the contrast and the gold highlights that's just so gorgeous in the original poster. The second one just sort of...erases and flattens him.
              Yes, like he's under a dark cloud.

Thank you all, Lilith, FBFG, Ikorni and Nolamom.
              sigpic

Comment

Jade - I posted a pic of what I mean - edited my post above
                sigpic

Comment

Jade - I posted a pic of what I mean - edited my post above
                  That's very good. Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Gorgeous background! Fits the quote very nicely. You don't need tuts. I have a very simple idea for my quote but it requires a bit of searching for the right pics...
                    Thank you very much, JW good luck in finding the right backgrounds.

So, what's the veredict?
                    Because my screen is so dark, I can hardly see him now - but I can in the image Nola posted

Comment

So, what's the veredict?
                      The darker one makes it look like he lurking in the dark with just a spot of light on him that makes him look creepy. But for general purposes, the others are right. The original is very good. Let's see if I can green you...please stand by.

Comment

something for a challenge on dA - decided to go dark with Halloween coming up
                        http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ridelowres.jpg
                        Creepy, but in a good way.

Comment

Quote challenge

sigpic

Comment

Saw this journal entry this morning that explains layers and blending modes so very well. http://fav.me/d6gxb7r
                            sigpic

Comment

That's amazing. Indiana Jones! I would never thought of that.... I have got the same quote. uh!oh, I'm in deep trouble!!!

I changed the light/darkness/colour to try to enhance the lost details on my Loki sig but it came to a point the more I messed with, the worse it got, so I decided to give it a rest for now and come back to it later. But everyone's input is much appreciated.
                              sigpic

Comment

Easy way Jade - pop one of the two versions on top of the other version, then apply a layer mask to the top one and paint out everything that you want to show through on the bottom layer. What I did is, I put the light one on top of the dark, painted the coat to let the dark coat show through where it should be darker. That way, the over-all lightness and color of the piece is preserved.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X