Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Hi Sha, it's been a while. Hope you can visit a bit more often...

Glad you like the Rush set JW.

I also have these:

<snip>
    being a harsh SGU critic, Rush was always my fave. I tend to like the dark, slightly macheavelic ones. *shrugs* And i really like the composition. Lately, I'm quite all over the place with my WP and it's nice to consider more elegant forms of placing pics.
    Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
    Wow, it's been ages since I've visited! Looks like I missed lots of awesome art .... it's really nice to see everyone still here, still posting

No new art ... just saying hello <snip>
    hello! Nice to see you. Gorgeous Shep signature, though. I really like it.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Amazing art EVERYONE!

Nice to see you back Shaviva

Don't think I'll have time to do art this week.... we'll see. My oldest decided Sat. to swing off a branch and break his arm.
    Spoiler:
    As he swung the branch went with him and his hand went out to brace himself. Both the alnar and radial dislocated and they had to do a closed reduction early Sunday morning. He had to stay overnight just in case they had to do surgery. All are slowly catching up on sleep
    Oh, *Insert expletive/ expression of frustration of choice*... I hope he recovers soon. It sounds really painful. And we miss you here.

OT random
    Spoiler:
    I finally went to the dentist. Rooth canal work It didn't hurt while I was there but I had a rough couple days. The frustrating part is that I'm actually careful with my teeth.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Well, this is the only thing I've done this week. I'm trying to concentrate on fanfic but art always gets in the way!

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
        Well, this is the only thing I've done this week. I'm trying to concentrate on fanfic but art always gets in the way!

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Icons/cbicons_zpsdef4b960.jpg
        Muses are like that...silent for weeks and then they can't shut up.

That is gorgeous, love the composition and the colouring. Icons do not come easily for me. They're always a subproduct of a signature or a wallie.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, JW! I've always felt that cropping icons from wallpapers or banner never worked for me. They always turn out wrong or missing something.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, JW! I've always felt that cropping icons from wallpapers or banner never worked for me. They always turn out wrong or missing something.
            Well, it's the way to go for the less gifted/patient
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              That is gorgeous, love the composition and the colouring. Icons do not come easily for me. They're always a subproduct of a signature or a wallie.
              Agreed on the gorgeous. The same thing applies to me, I don't think I've ever made an icon from scratch, it's always based on a sig or wallie, or both...
              sigpic

Comment

heheh - I'm just the opposite - whenever I've done an icon, it's ONLY an icon
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Icons/cbicons_zpsdef4b960.jpg
                    Beautiful! Can you link to the caps you used? I need a good cap of her for an art idea I have.
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Great work on tut week so far everyone! (Hoping I'll actually get time to participate this week )

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                      Thanks, I'll link to pages. They're bookmarked so it will be easy.
                      Not to be fussy, but could you (and everyone!) please link directly to the tuts when you post your art and also when you PM your entries? When we put the post together at the end of the week we include the links and it's much easier for us if we don't have to go hunting for them - tut week posts are complicated enough! Plus, if you link directly on the thread it makes it easier for other people to find the tut if they want to have a go at it themselves

Great work on them though!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Great work on tut week so far everyone! (Hoping I'll actually get time to participate this week )

Not to be fussy, but could you (and everyone!) please link directly to the tuts when you post your art and also when you PM your entries? When we put the post together at the end of the week we include the links and it's much easier for us if we don't have to go hunting for them - tut week posts are complicated enough! Plus, if you link directly on the thread it makes it easier for other people to find the tut if they want to have a go at it themselves

Great work on them though!
                        When I PM entries I always do that, I include the link, but while just presenting some work, as I am referring to this site and this very thread, I thought the page number would be more than enough, since you have to scroll down/up to find it anyway. No problem, I'll link them next.

@Nola An Icon is just an Icon. How very true.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, no new art or tut entries from me I'm afraid. It's been much to hot here in CT the last week or so...were in the last leg of a majorly humid heat wave. All I've been able to do when not at work is read fanfic. We don't have AC so we've been making do with several fans. Not fun.

Great arties so far guys!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            heheh - I'm just the opposite - whenever I've done an icon, it's ONLY an icon
                            Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            Agreed on the gorgeous. The same thing applies to me, I don't think I've ever made an icon from scratch, it's always based on a sig or wallie, or both...
                            Nola!

Thanks, Maneth! I've always had a big problem with cropping from a sig or a wallpaper. More than not, I tend to crop badly and end up with half a face because I want a nice texture. Or vice versa!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                            Beautiful! Can you link to the caps you used? I need a good cap of her for an art idea I have.
                            You mean the screencaps of Cate Blanchett? It's actually from a photoshoot on a fansite.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Icons vs. using sigs/wallies to make them: I think it depends on my mood. Most of the time, I have no patience for icons. So, they usually end up an extension of the sig I'm working on/wearing at the moment. Making a whole set. . . .Yeah, I lose patience after three and have to force myself to finish them.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                Icons vs. using sigs/wallies to make them: I think it depends on my mood. Most of the time, I have no patience for icons. So, they usually end up an extension of the sig I'm working on/wearing at the moment. Making a whole set. . . .Yeah, I lose patience after three and have to force myself to finish them.
                                Not me. I have an almost OCD need to have a full set of something. In fact, I've made sets from WP that others have made for me (lg mostly ) That's why snurching is problematical. Most of the art I want to snurch is too big for my monitor, 1280 X 800.

Comment

Working...
                                X