No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if you have layer styles in Gimp. However you could duplicate the text and off-set it by one or two pixels (nudge - should be ctrl + arrow key for one pixel at a time) then, darken the text layer that's behind by a little. This should make the front stand out more. Then, to make a drop shadow, duplicate the text layer again and put it behind the others. Off-set it by 5-6 pixels, change the text color to black, set the blending mode to multiply, fill 75%, and gaussan blur by a little to get a soft edge.
    sigpic

Comment

from a Gimptalk forum: I believe bevel is in Filters/decor, Emboss in Filters/Distorts and shadow is in Filters/light and shadow.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        from a Gimptalk forum: I believe bevel is in Filters/decor, Emboss in Filters/Distorts and shadow is in Filters/light and shadow.
        That's where it is!!! I could NOT remember for the life of me!

Comment

I tried to emboss and drop shadow but it didn't work out well. So I did something else.

Comment

what font is that?
            sigpic

Comment

Here's the set...

Comment

That font starts out as Some Weatz Swatches, but the second line doesn't look quite the same.
                sigpic

Comment

That looks familiar from way back...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                    gorgeous, gorgeous arties and great ideas!

*sigh*

All the tutorials used were already presented in this very thread, so I'll only name the author and the page where you can find it...

ladygris -page 883

[URL=http://s481.photobucket.com/user/JadedWraith_Queen/media/AFAChallenges/130705/JadedWraith_ladygris_tut_zps9751caa2.jpg.htmlhttp://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr178/JadedWraith_Queen/AFAChallenges/130705/JadedWraith_ladygris_tut_zps9751caa2.jpg[/URL]

Josiane -page 903

How to change this

into this ( the text was suggested by my sis, thanks M.)

And I'm quite frustrated with this, but it is what it is...

syfan page 911 ( the original is gorgeous!!!)

I obviously been listening to Bob Marley.
                    Lovely work JW, really like what you did with the second one

When you send me your entries, please make sure you send me the links to the tuts you used

Comment

Awesome arties everyone.

Here is the tut for http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...ps49fa5c85.gif

It's for Photoshop CS5....I hope you can understand

Spoiler:

Textures
                      by so_ghislaine:
                      _avidanova_texture_15 - here

by ~9-liters-of-art:
                      set 12 tex3 Kopie - here
                      4 s17 and 11 s17 - here
                      tex3 - here

Stock image here

Images and gif from Google and tumblr

Tutorial for Potoshop CS5.

Open a canvas 800x600.

1- Add texture avidanova set to normal.
                      2- Add the big picture and erase around --> set to screen 100%.
                      3- Copy this layer set to normal 45% erase around making the face pop out.
                      4- Add texture (set 12 tex3 Kopie) erase around --> set to screen 96%
                      5- Add picture to left side erase around --> set to Soft Light 100%
                      6- Add picture to right side erase around --> set to Soft Light 100%
                      7- Add stock image move to the left bottom corner resizes and erase around --> set to Screen 100%
                      8- Add stock image again to the right bottom corner flip vertical, resize and erase around --> set to screen 100%
                      9- Add texture (4 s17) resize, erase around and move to bottom --> set to Screen 100%
                      10- Add texture (11 s17) resize erase move to bottom --> set to Soft Light 100%
                      11- Add tex3 set to Soft light 100%

I add the text after step 8 -->Fonts: Endor and Time New Roman

I add the gif after text to a group layer and use mask with soft brush to blend the gif.
                      TIPS:
                      ...by masking the group layer you will mask all layers from the gif
                      ...if you select all layers from the gif you can move around
                      ...It was hard to work with the gif to find position and size... I opened the gif and copy only one layer from the gif to the canvas and used to play around until I was happy.

Vintage clock 2 --->Coloring by bourniio here

Save as gif.

The end

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Lovely work JW, really like what you did with the second one

When you send me your entries, please make sure you send me the links to the tuts you used
                        Thanks, I'll link to pages. They're bookmarked so it will be easy.

And I had Syfyfan name wrong on my previous post. My bad . Already corrected that. Thanks for posting another tut but I am not sure if I feel up to ruin yet another idea of yours

@maneth really like that Rush set.

@FBFG Gorgeous Kate & Rick set!
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Wow, it's been ages since I've visited! Looks like I missed lots of awesome art .... it's really nice to see everyone still here, still posting

No new art ... just saying hello
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi Sha, it's been a while. Hope you can visit a bit more often...

Glad you like the Rush set JW.

I also have these:

sigpic

Comment

Amazing art EVERYONE!

Nice to see you back Shaviva

Don't think I'll have time to do art this week.... we'll see. My oldest decided Sat. to swing off a branch and break his arm.
                              Spoiler:
                              As he swung the branch went with him and his hand went out to brace himself. Both the alnar and radial dislocated and they had to do a closed reduction early Sunday morning. He had to stay overnight just in case they had to do surgery. All are slowly catching up on sleep

Comment

Welcome back Sha!

Nice work mane

Oh no sci! Hope he heals quickly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X