No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh great! I love the Chinatown icons and the African Queen poster. The other one is cool too, but I don't recognize it. Wizard of Oz?

Sorry, I'm all out of green.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Maneth!

More suggestions for classic stuff:

Casablanca
      The King and I (was this already done?)
      Anything by Alfred Hitchcock (Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Dial M for murder, etc)
      Singin' in the rain
      Grease
      The Godfather
      Apocalypse Now
      Deer Hunter
      Close Encounters of the Third Kind
      Carrie
      Saturday Night Fever
      Enter the Dragon
      Rocky
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Breakfast at Tiffany's
        Rear Window
        East of Eden
        Giant
        Rebel Without a Cause
        Ben-Hur
        Lawrence of Arabia
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Thanks scifan!

Lovely FBFG.
          You're welcome hun.

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
          As soon as I find the right screencaps, I have to do a Star Wars wallie. And I think I finally thought of an idea for last weeks challenge, just a bit too late.
          Looking forward to it Padme.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Something I did today http://fav.me/d6bj3ya
            Not a fan of ghost, but great job Nola.

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
            Lilith Thank you

Josi thanks I'll try a tut

sci cool icons and poster

Jumble thanks and sorry I fixed

mane I love Casablanca very nice

FG lovely

Nola very nice
            Thanks Sy.
            Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
            Great arties/entries guys!

Nola: Creepy!

SUPERMAN is MINE!!!

I've already gathered pics for it.

But, in the meantime, I have this...

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...e-oldmovie.jpg
            Can't wait to see your Superman entry. And great job on your sig.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
            Do icons count for the week's challenge? I'm quite shaky with icons so I'm just practising those.

My attempt at old movies - Chinatown (1975):

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...ps925ac366.jpg
            Ok... don't shoot me, but I've don't think I've ever saw this movie. Love the icons those.... Gorgeous.

Simply LOVE these. I was thinking of doing a Wizard of Oz one, but I like yours alot.

Great List Ikorni and Maneth!

How could I forget Ben Hur and Grease?

Comment

Thanks Maneth for posting Ben Hur... made me think of The Ten Commandments. Another epic movie with Charlton Heston. Sadly there were so many great caps I wanted to use, but didn't want to over crowd.

Comment

Note to everyone: I am seeing so much beautifulart that I'm really becoming intimidated. You all are coming up with gorgeous things! Kudos!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                Gorgeous, gorgeous art everyone!!!

I see that GW gobbled up my second entry... Oh, well...

Well, I'm probably going to sit this one out because nothing is coming to mind.
                yep, as someone else said it's still early and your Uhura wallie was unforgettable, don't worry.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                So many great movies. You don't think of them until you have a challenge like these.

Oh and how about the Wizard of Oz?

These icons are from Mister Roberts. With Henry Ford, James Cagney and Jack Lemmon. If you haven't watched it, you should. Old movie, but still a great one. Love Jack Lemmon.

<snip>
                I'd love to do lovely icons as you do. Something I have to work on.

Did some John and Teyla art for Beya

Warning for Poster size one....
                I didn't exactly draw the characters in the art. I took caps, one from SOW and others from DV, and traced them. Then colored, altered and so on. The space image isn't mine either.
                The idea of it was loosely based on Joe Mallozzi's idea for Extinction. He mentioned Teyla would suffer a great lose and also that John would see himself and Teyla together in the future. So, I thought of them on another ship... maybe one that was the enemies and he just happened to catch a moment of them together. I couldn't see 2 Atlantis' in the same space so that's why I chose another ship. Hope that made sense.

<snip>
                again Gorgeous!
                Beautiful poster for a beautiful film...

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                Challenge entry...
                Cary Grant was one of my crushes and The Philadelphia Story is a great movie.

As soon as I find the right screencaps, I have to do a Star Wars wallie. And I think I finally thought of an idea for last weeks challenge, just a bit too late.
                If you won't, I problably would do something but my fave is Empire (Strikes Back) which is from 1980...threshold year

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Something I did today http://fav.me/d6bj3ya
                Fave'd.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                Great arties/entries guys!

Nola: Creepy!

SUPERMAN is MINE!!!

I've already gathered pics for it.

But, in the meantime, I have this...

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...e-oldmovie.jpg
                One of the few movies here I never watched ( or I don't remember watching it) but that banner is beautiful. Those old stills were works of art per se.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                Do icons count for the week's challenge? I'm quite shaky with icons so I'm just practising those.

My attempt at old movies - Chinatown (1975):

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Icons/chinatown_zps925ac366.jpg
                I don't call that being shaky...but maybe I'm the weird one here. And Chinatown is a great choice.

OH the African Queen! What a gorgeous piece! The one of The Wizard of Oz is very clever, with the perfect quote!

Thanks Maneth for posting Ben Hur... made me think of The Ten Commandments. Another epic movie with Charlton Heston. Sadly there were so many great caps I wanted to use, but didn't want to over crowd.

<snip>[/URL]
                Wow, i'm having so much of a hard time and you're on a roll. That's amazing as well!
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

More great art everyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                    Note to everyone: I am seeing so much beautifulart that I'm really becoming intimidated. You all are coming up with gorgeous things! Kudos!
                    Oh hun. Don't be intimidated. You will do just fine.

I'd love to do lovely icons as you do. Something I have to work on.
                    Thanks hun. This time I just took various caps and just played with the coloring. Nothing too fancy. Luckily icons are small cause some caps are the best quality.

again Gorgeous!
                    *blushes*

Wow, i'm having so much of a hard time and you're on a roll. That's amazing as well!
                    I'm sorry hun. I remember watching alot of these movies on tv with my dad and Grandparents. So many that's why I've been enjoying it.

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                    More great art everyone!!!
                    Thanks FBFG

Comment

Ok, found the pic I wanted, but I could have sworn Chewie was in it too. Oh well. It still works with a little tweaking of the color to make it brighter and less dull.

Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Oh hun. Don't be intimidated. You will do just fine.

Thanks hun. This time I just took various caps and just played with the coloring. Nothing too fancy. Luckily icons are small cause some caps are the best quality.
                        thanks for the vote of confidence

*blushes*

I'm sorry hun. I remember watching alot of these movies on tv with my dad and Grandparents. So many that's why I've been enjoying it.

No need for blushing. I'm just sayin' what I feel. Not feeling very artsy, althought I absolutely love "old movies". When growing up (eons and eons ago, in a galaxy nearby ), national TV couldn't afford the rights for current movies so watched a lot of the oldies. And I'm glad I did. some were and are true gems.

Ok, found the pic I wanted, but I could have sworn Chewie was in it too. Oh well. It still works with a little tweaking of the color to make it brighter and less dull.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Padme18/Star%20Wars/th_Pre-1980-Movie-Challenge-byPadme_zpsa825f829.jpg
                        The force is strong with this one!
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

No need for blushing. I'm just sayin' what I feel. Not feeling very artsy, althought I absolutely love "old movies". When growing up (eons and eons ago, in a galaxy nearby ), national TV couldn't afford the rights for current movies so watched a lot of the oldies. And I'm glad I did. some were and are true gems.

LOL! Thank you!

sigpic

Comment

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Padme18/Star%20Wars/th_Pre-1980-Movie-Challenge-byPadme_zpsa825f829.jpg[/URL]
                            *claps madly* Love it!

You're welcome hun. I was like that for the last few challenges. Many next week.
                            You're way too kind. Thanks again

Comment

*claps madly* Love it!

You're welcome hun. I was like that for the last few challenges. Many next week.
                              You're way too kind. Thanks again
                              Thank you, thought you might like it.

sigpic

Comment

Great work peeps!

Comment

Working...
                                X