No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaaaaand I finally made something........ for the challenge............

From Lady Antebellum, Need You Now.........

Comment

I guess mine didn't have time to make it...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        I guess mine didn't have time to make it...
        It was late, and I couldn't upload it to the AfA PB account, so I've uploaded it to my own and have edited it in along with Yami's

Comment

Thank you JW!

Gorgeous entries
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks! Lovely entries everyone.
            sigpic

Comment

er.... what if we have multiple favourite songs? i've never been good at choosing just one ^^
              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
              sigpic

Comment

Fantastic challenge entries everyone!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                Gorgeous arts everyone!!!!!

I was in the same boat as a lot of other people here with not being inspired by the quote, challenge... But I was finalizing a wallie this morning and I realized that the quote actually fit the wallie perfect! All I needed to do was find a place for it.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_caskett-5436-yami.jpg
                Gorgeous! I thought about using that subject for the quote too but didn't get around to it. Love how you dealt with it though

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                er.... what if we have multiple favourite songs? i've never been good at choosing just one ^^
                Make multiple entries
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Here is the tut that Ikorni requested.

How to make this in Photoshop CS5. NOTES: -I don't remember which of the brushes I used from the packs, so experiment with them. -I used the color from the second couple pic that I chose, so you might have to adjust your coloring to accomedate your art. -I might be wrong with the fog brushes since I've redone my brush palette since I've made this.

Spoiler:

1) Open a new document, 500x180. Fill with white.

2) Create 3 transparent layers. Download this pack and use 3 brushes. One brush for each layer. On the first layer, I used #aed0e1. Second layer, #237ba9. Third layer, #237ba9. All set to Normal, 100%.

3) Create another transparent layer. Using one of these fog brushes, and this color, #237ba9, brush onto the document. Set to difference, 100%.

4) Create an Invert Adjustment layer. Normal, 100%. Make a stamp of the current artwork.

5) Take your favorite picture of a couple you like, and paste it onto your document. Erase what you don't like. Set to Hard Light, 100%. Go back to the stamp and with the smudge brush, clean up behind your couple.

6) Take another picture of your couple, I chose mine because it resembled the first time I believed I could ship them, and paste it on to your document. Set to Soft Light, 100%. Smudge out what you don't like.

7) Duplicate that picture and blur it out. Set to Overlay, 100%.

8) Open this picture by So-Ghislaine and paste it into your document. Blur this out and set to Overlay, 100%.

9) Take that same picture from So-Ghislaine and paste another copy back into your document. Set to Hard Light, 100%. Create a layer mask and erase most of the picture only the top part of the key should be barely visible and to the right of your couple.

10) COLORING
                  -Curves: Increase Contrast (RGB)
                  -Gradient Map: 3e92bd to 01050c. Set to Soft Light, 100%.
                  -Hue/Saturation: Colorize Checked! 241, 34, +10. Set to Hard Light, 50%.
                  -Color Fill Layer: 062535, set to Exclusion, 100%.

11) Create a stamp. Use Topaz Clean, default. Set to Normal, 50%.

12) Create another stamp. Use Paint Daubs, 1, 1. Set to Normal, 40%.

13) TEXT
                  -John and Teyla texts: Sverige Script Decorated Demo. 30 pt. Color #ffffff.
                  -&: Saturday, Sunday, Monday. 36 pt. Color #000000. Set to Soft Light, 100%.

14) Add a watermark, if you do, and you are done!

Let me know if you have any questions.
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Gorgeous entries, everyone!

Hmm..... May or may not have an entry. Have an incredibly busy weekend ahead of me, but I might be able to sneak in some PS time.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Make multiple entries
                      well duh! i just didn't want to get flogged for having multiple songs since the challenge clearly states use the lyrics from your current favourite song (singular)
                      sigpic

Comment

*whips Lilith*

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          *whips Lilith*
                          oh yea baby! do it again
                          sigpic

Comment

But now I'm too nervous..

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              Love the silhouette one, RiG!
                              Thanks!

So, after a week where I had no inspiration, I set out to make a new set for this week's challenge. It instead came out to be this:

BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! And BEAUTIFUL!

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                              o.o v pretty lg! and wonderful WPs RIG!
                              Thank you Lil!"

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              Lovely arts, all! I'm really really lacking inspiration for this week's challenge too, like ladygris! So I've just ended up doing icons and...well, more icons.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...psc48240d0.jpg
                              WOW! I love the coloring in these! Great job!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              Lovely art everyone!!!!

I'm happy because Teryl liked one of my vids!

*jumps around smiling*

And I am happy for you! So awesome!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                              There so gorgeous! Lg is right the sillhouette with the text in the middle of the boys is genius but I also like the green one. well done.
                              I was pretty pleased with myself when I thought to do that. Thank you.

*gasp* Love the colours, love the composition, love the quote ...with isnpiration like that, who needs a challenge.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                              Gorgeous arts everyone!!!!!

I was in the same boat as a lot of other people here with not being inspired by the quote, challenge... But I was finalizing a wallie this morning and I realized that the quote actually fit the wallie perfect! All I needed to do was find a place for it.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-5436-yami.jpg
                              Love it!!! I'm a sucker for Caskett!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                              Lovely as always. As I said before, people were over thinking it.
                              Girl, were you ever right about that!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

CHALLENGE WEEK 77

Use a lyric from your current favourite song to create a piece of artwork.

Size: Any
                              Pics: Any
                              Text: Must include a lyric from your current favourite song.

Please state which song you have used and post a link to it on youtube if possible.[/COLOR]

SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO SARAI!
                              (please don’t forget to PUT YOUR NAME AT THE BEGINNING OF THE
                              FILENAME FOR EACH ENTRY! Thanks )

[/b][/center]
                              Love this challenge...have an idea already! It hit me the second I finished reading the challenge post.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Aaaaaaaaand I finally made something........ for the challenge............

[center]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...twp2270313.jpg

From Lady Antebellum, Need You Now.........

LOVE LOVE LOVE it Jumble! And I love the song! It's my favorite Lady-A song!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

i've got one too... and the cool thing is, i can just reuse the Cas sig i made couple weeks ago... just gotta change the text
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X