X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another go at josi's tut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      I've been captivated by an advertisement of late (the OPI nail polish Autumn 2013 range) and I'd love to give this a shot some day. (linking from an external website - hope that's ok)

<snip>
      Those are gorgeous! I can see why they caught your eye.

My first visceral, instinctive reaction was: so beautiful! I can't say more than that.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks, JW.

Comment

Believe it or not, these are what I got from josi's tut......

Comment

*might have started a DeviantART page*

Only 18 views so far.. but I'll use it to upload all the images that don't make it into my videos.. or the Cafepress store that I keep meaning to update..
            Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 08 May 2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              Lovely! I so wanted to try that one. I really love art with architectonical elements, that's one of my usual things.

I also wanted to try Josiane's second tut but I can't figure out which character/actors images to use. Talk about jaded.
              Thank you so much hun.
              And I really like your take on it.... no matter how much you critique it.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              Had a go at josi's tut. Think I went a little left field. . . . .

OOooo. Nice!!! Haven't seen Kavan in awhile.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Gorgeous work Ikorni, Estrela, and lg! Really beautiful!

Thanks for the tuts, Nola and sci
              Thanks Josi.

Awesome Art and Tuts Everyone!!

Comment

You know, for blending, don't forget that you can adjust the opacity and flow of your brush when using masks. You can also try grey instead of black to paint your mask. More control when you do these things, either separate or together.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  *might have started a DeviantART page*

Only 18 views so far.. but I'll use it to upload all the images that don't make it into my videos.. or the Cafepress store that I keep meaning to update..
                  Wow they're amazing. Can I ask what software you use to build the 'sets' for your scenes? I'm trying to improve my digital design and animation skills and I have started to build a simple art gallery in Illustrator. I've been using photoshop for years and am relatively new to Illustrator and the rest of the Adobe family, I've been using various odd projects to learn the various tools. It sounds rather stupid and very amateur but after looking at your fabulous work I realised I'd forgotten the really obvious things like reflections and shadows on the floor. If you don't mind your sets could be a handy reference guide for me for checking I've thought through all the elements, light sources, texture, shadow etc.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Cool arties everyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      Wow they're amazing. Can I ask what software you use to build the 'sets' for your scenes? I'm trying to improve my digital design and animation skills and I have started to build a simple art gallery in Illustrator. I've been using photoshop for years and am relatively new to Illustrator and the rest of the Adobe family, I've been using various odd projects to learn the various tools. It sounds rather stupid and very amateur but after looking at your fabulous work I realised I'd forgotten the really obvious things like reflections and shadows on the floor. If you don't mind your sets could be a handy reference guide for me for checking I've thought through all the elements, light sources, texture, shadow etc.
                      I use Blender

It can take a while to learn, but it's worth it

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro < Useful guide to help you get started

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        I use Blender

It can take a while to learn, but it's worth it

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro < Useful guide to help you get started
                        Thanks, I shall download it and have a read.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Ladies, I need help. I'm looking for a wall done I think last year, I can't remember by whom, but I think it was for the the "tell a story" challenge, or something like that. I think tut was made for it, but I can't find it in the Delicious account. It had a texture that had a bunch of photos on it and I think the subject matter was Helen/John from Sanctuary. Does it ring a bell to anyone? I wanted to use it for this week's challenge as inspiration.
                          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                            Ladies, I need help. I'm looking for a wall done I think last year, I can't remember by whom, but I think it was for the the "tell a story" challenge, or something like that. I think tut was made for it, but I can't find it in the Delicious account. It had a texture that had a bunch of photos on it and I think the subject matter was Helen/John from Sanctuary. Does it ring a bell to anyone? I wanted to use it for this week's challenge as inspiration.
                            Let's see. . . .

I found this one by max_omega.

this one by josi. And there's a tut for it here.

Comment

Thanks, but those aren't it. I could only find the Josi one myself. It was kind of a dull color.

Edit: Come to think of it, it could have been someones take on Josi's tut.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

It might have been. . . .There were several different takes after she posted the tut.

Comment

Working...
                                X