Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*runs in*

Sorry everyone... just got to finish putting the post together now and will get it up asap!

*runs out*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Banner by Madness Reigns

Challenge 71

Screenname/Character name

Estrela

Ikorni

JadedWraith

Josiane

Jumble

ladygris

maneth

sigpic

Comment

Nolamom

RodneyIsGodney

scifan

sigpic

Comment

Banner by ShaViva

Tutorial Week 21

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries (both your original tutorial and any art you make following a tutorial this week) to Jumble
          sigpic

Comment

such fun arties this week everyone! Good job
            sigpic

Comment

EEYORE!!!

Great entries guys! Really beautiful!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Great entries everyone! So imaginative.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  EEYORE!!!

Great entries guys! Really beautiful!
                  sigpic

Comment

I started off making hair for my character..

But then I had a character in a big empty space..

I'll finish something one day..

Comment

Don't say it too loudly in case you frighten her off again, but the muse, she has returned!

sigpic

Comment

Josi, those are gorgeous!!!

Do you mind posting the textures?

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                          Josi, those are gorgeous!!!

Do you mind posting the textures?
                          Thanks And not at all, will do so tomorrow (have turned off my computer for the night). I may even write up a tut or two
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Thanks And not at all, will do so tomorrow (have turned off my computer for the night). I may even write up a tut or two
                            That would be even better!

Comment

I love how her hair isn't sleek and polished but looks layered and with different highlights I hear that hair aand water are extremely hard to simulate.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Don't say it too loudly in case you frighten her off again, but the muse, she has returned!

I love the ripped notebook page detail in the Stana WP and the Jon snow one is just breathtaking. Lovely choices, Josiane!

Inspirational muses,how elusive those creatures can be...Tuts, please!
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                I love how her hair isn't sleek and polished but looks layered and with different highlights I hear that hair aand water are extremely hard to simulate.
                                And I have hair and water in the same scene

The hair is made of lots of layers.. Took a long time to get it looking like that.. it still looks a bit weird from the front.. But up until now all my characters have been bald.. so, it's progress

Water can be done a few different ways now.. In this animation I just need to make a splash, and that can be done without using the fluid sim.. It can be done with the new Blender Paint sim.. it allows one mesh to affect another, in this case a displacement effect.. which looks a lot like water but without the long calculating process. Which really saves a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X