Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely art!

My newest.

Unfortunately I can't remember who originally posted the texture I used for the lettering.
    sigpic

Comment

Beautiful work everyone! There's just so many pretties every time I come in to catch up, it's wonderful

In an effort to be organised right from the off, I've set up a page to collect together all the links of tutorials/resources shared on the thread. We'll also use it to create a master list of all the challenge posts as we go on, so that they will always be easy to find (with thanks to mrscopterdoc for the idea ). Links as follows:

Master list of links to tutorials/resources
      Master list of challenge posts

I'll add the link to the second one on the first post of the thread, so that if ever you need a reminder of the current challenge, you will be able to get to it from the first post. The latest challenge will always be the one at the top of the list

Hope this helps everyone!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thank you josiane, added it to my network.
        sigpic

Comment

Just finished these...feeling a bit worn out now! Might have to move on to icons so I can churn out a few and feel like I have something to show for the evening

Last edited by Sarai; 05 August 2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

They're lovely Sarai. I can never manage to make anything that light!
            sigpic

Comment

I agree, Mane. I'm only just now starting to experiment with really light backgrounds.

They're beautiful, Sarai.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Just finished these...feeling a bit worn out now! Might have to move on to icons so I can churn out a few and feel like I have something to show for the evening
                Beautiful! I really like the lightness as well. 90% of my stuff ends up dark. I think my sig is the first light-ish one I have done in a very long time.
                sigpic
                || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Beautiful Sarai
                  sigpic

Comment

might as well use this thread to pimp my photography.
                    i have prints available here: http://dphelpsphoto.smugmug.com/
                    i take photos of toys - mainly LEGO, but also portraits, landscapes, street, etc. look through my galleries on that site, and see if anything tickles your fancy.
                    if you want a taste, my 365 photo blog is: http://legomyphoto.wordpress.com and my flickr is in my sig i think.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      Funny. After reading tuts, I still am clueless .
                      Tried a step by step tutorial in my own language... Didn't work.
                      But, because inspiration is a wonderful thing and to show lurking tut-blind noobs that boobling is an effective way of creating... something as well:
                      Booble. Just do it. It's like cooking. Throw in some salt, add water...
                      Yeah. That's my advise
                      Wonderful Nad! I love the fractured affect.

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                      Thanks! I love the tut and actually have another idea on how I want to play with it but it will have to wait for another day.
                      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      I love how many different styles are coming out of this one tut!
                      I never thought that little tut would get such mileage! I’m looking forward to how you tweak it DJ.

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                      I was asked by a few people to create a tutorial for this piece that I made:
                      http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...yheartaway.png
                      Now, I am not good at tutorials, so PLEASE ask if you have any questions!! I will be more than happy to explain further, or point you in the direction of help. So, I re-made the banner and wrote down everything that I did. The result was slightly different, but I was excited that it came out as close as it did.

Program I Use: Photoshop CS4 (but it is translatable to earlier versions)
                      It is long and has a few images, but I made the images really low quality, so you shouldn't have a problem loading them.

Spoiler:
                      [snipped]
                      Thank you CC. I really want to give this one a try.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Beautiful work everyone! There's just so many pretties every time I come in to catch up, it's wonderful

In an effort to be organised right from the off, I've set up a page to collect together all the links of tutorials/resources shared on the thread. We'll also use it to create a master list of all the challenge posts as we go on, so that they will always be easy to find (with thanks to mrscopterdoc for the idea ). Links as follows:

Master list of links to tutorials/resources
                      Master list of challenge posts

I'll add the link to the second one on the first post of the thread, so that if ever you need a reminder of the current challenge, you will be able to get to it from the first post. The latest challenge will always be the one at the top of the list

Hope this helps everyone!
                      Yay! Thank you Josi!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      These are just stunning!
                      sigpic

Comment

Those are absolutely amazing, Morbo. Will run away to go show others...
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you all

For those of you that are saying they don't do lightness - if you're using photoshop one of the best adjustment layers is Curves. You get a preview of what you are doing and you can modify the levels of light in different parts of the image to highlight what you want. Seriously, have a play it's lots of fun !

And thank you for sharing your photography with us Morbo.

Comment

What about for those of us who use GIMP? I love GIMP, but I'm still learning a LOT of it's wonders.

Comment

Thought I'd share this here too. LadyGJ and CC asked for how I did the smoky effect on this wallie:

Spoiler:

First I used this texture and set it to Screen:

Then this one set at Luminosity:

All the pictures accept the one of John are at Linear dodge, the one of John is at color dodge.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                What about for those of us who use GIMP? I love GIMP, but I'm still learning a LOT of it's wonders.
                                Hmm...there you've got me stumped. Haven't used GIMP in a long time. Any other GIMP users out there know how to achieve a similar effect to PS curves?

Thanks for sharing Padme

Comment

Working...
                                X