Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Hmm...there you've got me stumped. Haven't used GIMP in a long time. Any other GIMP users out there know how to achieve a similar effect to PS curves?

Thanks for sharing Padme
    Of course, it's nice to be the one showing instead of asking for once.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Gimp does have curves... I've only used it on black and white images, but I'm sure it would work similarly for color images.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        might as well use this thread to pimp my photography.
        i have prints available here: http://dphelpsphoto.smugmug.com/
        i take photos of toys - mainly LEGO, but also portraits, landscapes, street, etc. look through my galleries on that site, and see if anything tickles your fancy.
        if you want a taste, my 365 photo blog is: http://legomyphoto.wordpress.com and my flickr is in my sig i think.
        Welcome and thanks for sharing! Love the lego pics

The tut DJGirl posted for her Alexander Skarsgard sig inspired me and I came up with this:

I started off following it but then kind of ran away with it And I'm clearly ALL about the Castle art at the moment
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hmmmm. . . . .I haven't found that particular feature, yet, then. Will have to do some experimenting later.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            They're lovely Sarai. I can never manage to make anything that light!
            Indeed they are I can't seem to do light either - all my stuff just ends up bright and colourful

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            What about for those of us who use GIMP? I love GIMP, but I'm still learning a LOT of it's wonders.
            Luvnjack and Oma are the only Gimp experts I know of - hopefully they'll be along soon - and I'm sure there are others around here that can help

Love the smokey effect Padme

Welcome to the thread Morbo, and thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              Hmmmm. . . . .I haven't found that particular feature, yet, then. Will have to do some experimenting later.
              ~lg it is under the color tab at the top, about halfway down in the list.

josiane, love the sig... the colors are beautiful... I don't use red much in my sigs. I should try it though because it does look very striking with that color.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

The tut DJGirl posted for her Alexander Skarsgard sig inspired me and I came up with this:

[]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/ifonlysig.jpg[/]

I started off following it but then kind of ran away with it And I'm clearly ALL about the Castle art at the moment
                Love, love LOVE it!!! I love the pinky red look, that's something I haven't been able to quite grasp. Whenever I open selective colouring my stuff always comes out with that blue, moody look !!

Hmm...that's just given me a challenge idea...

Comment

*runz in* Sorry I'm late!

Gimp does have the curve function, and I looooove it! It's in the colors menu. All sorts of awesome fun! I like it, cuz if you lighten a pic by removing the black color levels, it tends to look washed out. That's great if that's what you're going for, but for my stuff (GRUNGE!), I LIKE the shadows and contrast, so the curve function fits the bill perfectly!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                    might as well use this thread to pimp my photography.
                    i have prints available here: http://dphelpsphoto.smugmug.com/
                    i take photos of toys - mainly LEGO, but also portraits, landscapes, street, etc. look through my galleries on that site, and see if anything tickles your fancy.
                    if you want a taste, my 365 photo blog is: http://legomyphoto.wordpress.com and my flickr is in my sig i think.
                    What a cool concept! Thanks for sharing Morbo. You’ve got some really great pics there. I hope I can find some time to really explore your links.

Oooo! Lovely! And there’s nothing wrong with more Castle art in the world.

Isn’t it great how one tut can lead you down a totally different path? Sometimes I just get lost in time trying out different things that one little tut can inspire. Does that happen to anyone else or am I just developing adult onset ADD?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                      Those are absolutely amazing, Morbo. Will run away to go show others...
                      thanks.
                      there's over 700 hilarious lego photos.
                      the rest of my regular photography can best be viewed on my flickr site - only some is available on my smugmug store.

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                        That's what I'm figuring

Isn’t it great how one tut can lead you down a totally different path? Sometimes I just get lost in time trying out different things that one little tut can inspire. Does that happen to anyone else or am I just developing adult onset ADD?
                        Definitely happens to me! I'm very bad at following tuts "straight" and always find myself disappearing off at a tangent or adding other stuff or generally just playing with the concept
                        sigpic

Comment

I know, I know I was supposed to be making Castle arties. I got distracted...

Last edited by Sarai; 05 August 2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

You and I are doing exactly the opposite - I actually opened PS to make Game of Thrones stuff and got distracted by Castle

Lovely crops
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                              What a cool concept! Thanks for sharing Morbo. You’ve got some really great pics there. I hope I can find some time to really explore your links.

You and me both then! I've never yet been able to just follow a tut - have to booble with it

That's what I'm figuring

Definitely happens to me! I'm very bad at following tuts "straight" and always find myself disappearing off at a tangent or adding other stuff or generally just playing with the concept
                              Which of course is the joy of playing with tuts, starting with the basic concept and seeing where you can go with it

That's what I tell myself to cover my inability to just 'follow'

My goodness Sarai, your mojo is back with a vengeance! Brilliant icons

Comment

You and I are doing exactly the opposite - I actually opened PS to make Game of Thrones stuff and got distracted by Castle

Still, it's no bad thing, your castle art is gorgeous !

Yes Jumbly the muse has been dragged kicking and screaming back to life, mainly by this wonderful new thread and all the participation we've had so far

Comment

Working...
                                X