Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    What? That's a thumbnail! I know the original is over 100kb but a thumb? How this can be?
    It's possible if the filesize of the original is really very big so that even the reduced one for the thumbnail is much larger than normal. I know the same thing happened to someone last week with one of their challenge entries, and they had to just post the link rather than even the thumbnail (can't remember who, I'm afraid )

Edit: ^^It was sci, of course
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      It's possible if the filesize of the original is really very big so that even the reduced one for the thumbnail is much larger than normal. I know the same thing happened to someone last week with one of their challenge entries, and they had to just post the link rather than even the thumbnail (can't remember who, I'm afraid )

Edit: ^^It was sci, of course
      The file size is 253 kb on my laptop. Not that big, I've made much bigger gifs with no thumb-problems. Is PB going nuts now?

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

The file size is 253 kb on my laptop. Not that big, I've made much bigger gifs with no thumb-problems. Is PB going nuts now?
        Could be. It's got form for inflating filesizes

I've actually just spent an hour on photoshop Feels so good

sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Gorgeous arts everyone!

Here is my first entry

sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

That's ok. Details can be tricky. Well, I should get myself to the gym before I talk myself out of it.
            That they can.

Great icons Josi and yammi!

yammi, love "small"! And Josi, love "yellow" and the bw "small" one, very cool!

Now I want to make a second set...
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Made another set. Oh wonder, Grimm:

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Gorgeous, Josiane! Wish I could do something so simple but beautiful.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                Gotta go to the dentist shortly.
                Ugh...I hate dental appointments. Went to one recently and actually got patronised because I didn't go for my last check-up.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Hyn, great Grimm icons!!! My favorite is "Crop", very creepy!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  Gorgeous, Josiane! Wish I could do something so simple but beautiful.
                  Yes, I do too. And I forgot to say, Josi, that I love the background you chose for your icons. Absolutely perfect!

Ugh...I hate dental appointments. Went to one recently and actually got patronised because I didn't go for my last check-up.
                  I just had to go for a cleaning, still don't look forward to it. I'm good for another 6 months. But, yeah, dentists can be a real pain in the teeth!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Could be. It's got form for inflating filesizes

I've actually just spent an hour on photoshop Feels so good

Gorgeous as ever. I particularly love yellow (duh, it has been a constant with everyone, I don't know why, maybe because yellow is the colour human eyes perceive more easily), crop and reflection. And I love the consistancy you gave then all, which is something I utterly fail at achieving.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                    Gorgeous arts everyone!

Here is my first entry

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...ons-1-yami.jpg
                    Lovely again. They have a very romantic feel and, again, it's a very consistant set.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    That they can.

Great icons Josi and yammi!

yammi, love "small"! And Josi, love "yellow" and the bw "small" one, very cool!

Now I want to make a second set...
                    Go for it. I'm waiting

Made another set. Oh wonder, Grimm:
                    http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...psac767738.jpg
                    Faceless, crop and reflection are particularly eye catching. Lovely work
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

sorry i've been out for awhile (new job!)

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1361966590

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1362053369
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 February 2013, 01:19 PM. Reason: Too wide.
                      sigpic
                      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Great sets with very original themes. @ the two people of the Dany Crane set. Good work LT. COL. John Sheppard!
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

thanks, nice work josi & yamii and anyone else, i'll go back and find other work when i can
                          sigpic
                          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Josi, I love your Josh Lyman Icon set. The background you put it on is beautiful and the Yellow had me grinning. The Faceless one is very impressive too with the background.

Wonderful Sanctuary set, Yamii. Small is cool and the past is cool too.

Lovely Grimm set again, Hyn. I really love the Past and the effect of the dimmed edges adds the the aged look.

Lt.Col. those are both great sets. In the Apocalypse set my eyes are drawn to the Two People every time I look at it. Really sweet icon. The Crane set is cool and I love how you did the Reflection in that set.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello all! I'm here to ask for a little assistance. Some may be aware of the fic list project that's happening over in the fanfiction folder. Most all the fic lists have banners made by just a few people. I'm managing a new list now and have absolutely no talent for or knowledge about making the art you all do so very well. Would anybody be interested making (a) banner(s) for the list? Here's the list that needs the art: SG-1 Non-Main Character-Centric Fics

If you're not familiar with the project, you can check us out here: Master Fanfiction List
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Wow, I really made it back before I have to head out to work ... Anyway:
                                Thanks RiG. Yeah, the set was supposed to be a little creepy - well, besides the Eisbiber-kids and maybe the Seltenvogel.
                                Thanks JW. glad you like them . Hehe, faceless is a little cheaty because there IS a face but ... is there a face?
                                Thanks Bailey . Glad you like the effect. I have to admit, I have a texture for it but I'm always to lazy to search it. When I need this effect mostly I do it with a brush - old dogs, new tricks. But glad it worked .

Made another set this morning. After we had a lot of fun yesterday on Twitter poking and provoking him I decided to be a nice fan today. David G. set:

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X