Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
    I'm wanting to draw a realistic (haha) fantasy dragon. Anyone have any good images? I looked in Google and they're all fairly... bad.

I can draw fairly reasonably, but I haven't attempted a detailed dragon so I need a reference point.

EDIT: Or is this only for SG/sci fi etc related stuff/challenges?
    I'm pretty sure it's for all things artsy but I'm not sure..

I hope you find a good picture for a dragon. I cannot draw for the life of me but I cringe at the thought of some of the dragon pictures already out there. For the most part they seem "been there, done that" and that can make things difficult when you have something more uniquely specific in mind.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Welcome Sil! This thread is for any art, no matter what it's of Hopefully someone will have some images for you. Have you looked on deviantart? I'd have thought there's bound to be something there?

lg and DJgirl, gorgeous work!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Lovely sig lg!

Supreme Commander Sil sorry my dragons pics are from Google. I have baby dragon from Game of Thrones thread...like this sig...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          lg and DJgirl, gorgeous work!
          Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
          Lovely sig lg!
          Thank you both.

I actually had to manip Carson's head onto that body, and it worked for the sig. The wallie......not so much.

Comment

*Peeks into thread, recognises some people and decides to stay *

As someone who has only been attempting arty type things for less than a week this thread is a great source of information, thank you

Hmmm, there are some fantastic bits of artwork on this thread, makes me a little nervous to post what I've got

But hey here we go...... I've been lurking for a few day and decided to have a go at the challenges. This is what I came up with (but I'm not sure who I am supposed to PM it to )

I had also had a go at the previous challenge (a bit late but thought I would share them anyway)

Spoiler:

HANDS -

FRAME (looks better on a dark background!) -

BLACK AND WHITE -

EMBRACE -

TINY WRITING -

NEGATIVE SPACE -

RED -

Hope you like them

I must admit I am only using the most basic of programs (the software that is in PhotoBucket - simple but it seems to work for me ) There are other bits I've done which I might share at some point, some I like, others not so much.
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I have an idea for the Time challenge, but i'm too lazy to made it! But I'll try, nevertheless.

Comment

MR, welcome to the thread!!!

Loved all of them, especially the Tiny Text icon!

Stick around, and you'll be making amazing art before long.

Comment

I love it lg

I was busy in PS yesturday and made these and before I realized it, they looked like they fit the challenge... So here they are:

Here is a Helen Magnus banner:

Here is a Tarja banner and Icon set:

And last I got struck for this when I was listening to Nightwish, so here is a Tuomas Holopainen set:

sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thank you, yamii.

Love all the colors in the Tarja banner! Would green you if I could.

Comment

Madness Reigns: I love all of them!

You're welcome lg and thanks
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Lovely stuff, and considering how simple the PB software is, you've really made some amazing stuff Madness!

Love your new stuff yamii.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, this might seem a little odd for some of you. But I'm just now starting to get into manips and such. Never felt like I was capable until now.

Anyway, did this today to update my sig with a much better shot of Carson. And I'm rather proud of how it turned out.

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by ladygris; 29 August 2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Cool! And that manip should be okay, just like my old Ben Browder in Babylon 5 uniform was. Strictly speaking manips aren't allowed so you might check with the mods...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Cool! And that manip should be okay, just like my old Ben Browder in Babylon 5 uniform was. Strictly speaking manips aren't allowed so you might check with the mods...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...yjumpcopy4.jpg
                              Oh, oops. Didn't know that. I'll spoiler it for now, then.

Comment

Cool. I don't think yours will pose any problems so you should be okay. They set up that rule though because some people apparently made manips of themselves in compromising situations with their favorite thunks... Obviously that isn't the case here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X