This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
    lol, you consider this semi-serious? I may have semi-seriously misjudged you.
    I just meant the discussion.. rather than descending into mud-slinging and ridiculous rumours and insults directed at Harold Camping. No matter what people think of his beliefs it doesn't give anyone the right to post insults/rumours about him.

Comment

I don't know. Over here in America liberals consider it okay to be a jerk to a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        I just meant the discussion.. rather than descending into mud-slinging and ridiculous rumours and insults directed at Harold Camping. No matter what people think of his beliefs it doesn't give anyone the right to post insults/rumours about him.
        you're right

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
          I don't know. Over here in America liberals consider it okay to be a jerk to a jerk.
          Sorry to be a jerk but I agree! Beliefs are one thing, cultism is a dangerous road. Besides Family Radio has done more damage in this country by politicizing religion and merging beliefs into political decisions. Camp himself has openly disregarded passages of the bible to promote is own obscure agenda. Any true christian does not have the capability to decipher who is worthy in the name of the Big Man, but Camp for that matter does. This seems entirely un-christian. This is a product of the Seven Day Advents, a religious arm that broke away from the protestants so they could make up there own rules which OK, that's fare but does anyone else think that these prophesies can lead to wasted time? Not to say that anyone is right or wrong when it comes to these issues, but what good is he doing for society. Camping does not have beliefs, he thinks he is the belief....
          sigpic
          Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
          "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
          Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
          Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
          etc.....

Comment

Something to consider : the paint thinner thing mightn't be true,and that does touch onto the "respect real people" and "respect the person ,even if you don't respect their opinions" rules for GW posting - but this guy's making a massive claim to know all ,and predict all ,regarding "Judgement Day".

I'd call *that* massively insulting towards anyone who doesn't share his and his followers opinions ,and insulting and judgemental towards every other faith on this planet.

He doesn't seem to be advocating a Death Cult ,but it'll be interesting to see what he says to the "Chosen" after his deadline's passed.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2011, 02:28 PM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Sorry to be a jerk but I agree
              I don't. Because if it's okay for one person to be a jerk for the other being a jerk, then it's okay for another person to be a jerk to the person who's being a jerk to the person being a jerk and so on and so forth. It creates it's own circular reasoning and there is no end to it.

It also tends to create double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                I don't. Because if it's okay for one person to be a jerk for the other being a jerk, then it's okay for another person to be a jerk to the person who's being a jerk to the person being a jerk and so on and so forth. It creates it's own circular reasoning and there is no end to it.

It also tends to create double standards.
                growing up in the Midwest as a liberal tends to bring about some constant defending for civil liberties especially in places were people like Camping and Phelps rule the media and sway the vote, so I apologize for offending you. I understand the cycle of jerkdom and will deviate.
                sigpic
                etc.....

Comment

You did not offend me. So don't worry about it. I wasn't trying to be personal either. I've just seen too much crap flown about and it gets tiresome watching it.

Comment

Well, here is one thing I must say

It is approx 0724 AM 21 May Beijing Time, my time zone, NOTHING has happened at all, other then a mostly clear sky.

Besides, I plan on seeing POTC 4 next weekend with the hubby

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Seems pretty calm out my window right now too actually so yeah this should be fun to see how he explains this away
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

sigpic
                        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

OMG too funny
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

hehehehe good one.

Comment

awesome!
                              sigpic
                              etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_llevueY2IN1qc2okio1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires= 1306022428&Signature=p6CbEG1qF2Ew5uariAnR3o72jOg%3D
                                Hilarious. I've got the swing shift at work and I've gotten the usual flurry of insults, lies, and threats. In other words, it's just another day. Everything is under control and we're all still here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X