Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a time of war probably. But your idea ultimately results in stagnation of technology
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Was not intended as a Galactica reference. The idea applies IRL. But Adama's ideas about keeping the Galactica off the network was a good one, wasn't it?
      For the love I bear to BSG I will concede this point to you.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That is how it starts. Before you know it, all of Annoyed's crackpot ideas have merit. Before you know it, you too will be butchering the use of scientific theory
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not really, we have the good ol' paper ballot here and as far as I know the Ruskies didn't interfere. Maybe were not important enough though
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That is how it starts. Before you know it, all of Annoyed's crackpot ideas have merit. Before you know it, you too will be butchering the use of scientific theory
            All of my crackpot ideas have merit. They just seem crackpot to you because you don't see things unless a talking head tells you what to see and what to think about what you see.

Comment

And speaking of talking heads and their idiocy, why do they paint everything as racially motivated?

I'm sure you're aware of the latest attacks on Trump by the left; painting his comments on Baltimore racist.

Trump attacks another African American lawmaker, and calls Baltimore a 'disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess'

How is telling a representative that his own district is a nightmare racist? Elijah Cummings race has nothing to do with the conditions within his district.

Or is any criticism of non-white officials considered to be racist today?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                All of my crackpot ideas have merit. They just seem crackpot to you because you don't see things unless a talking head tells you what to see and what to think about what you see.
                An idea does not merit when it has no evidence to back it up
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  An idea does not merit when it has no evidence to back it up
                  He didn't make it to evidence stage yet, give him time (70years)
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Wouldn't that require him to actually understand the scientific method?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

He's got his own understanding, ours is from the MSM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Leave your maple syrup out of this
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          He's got his own understanding, ours is from the MSM.
                          And you're being deceived.

Comment

And you are being stubborn
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Of course I am. I'm right. Why should I back down?

Comment

Because you're not
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X