Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disapprove: there's no reason to shoot a robber (as long as it ain't my stuff they're stealing) that's just plain wrong :/

Comment

Failed assassination attempt:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4BUac_yVhU

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

Me thinks he forgot to take the safety off
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

I hate it when assassians do that.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Its Martain Luther King Day....So why do Bankers/Post Office employees and Teachers get the day off?

I do not think that MLK would approve.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

not all teachers get the day off....NY Institute of Massage was still open, and therefore still had to attend

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                Its Martain Luther King Day....So why do Bankers/Post Office employees and Teachers get the day off?

I do not think that MLK would approve.
                They made it a "National Holiday", so that denotes no mail, and no banking, and the stock exchange closes.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

SO in otherwords. It just the fat cats scratchin der own backs with our claws....Same old SAME OLD!
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                    They made it a "National Holiday", so that denotes no mail, and no banking, and the stock exchange closes.
                    Which this apparently doesn't extend to State funded projects >.>
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

So, what do the inhabitants of the Political Discussion Thread think of Obama's 2nd inaugural speech?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

Turns out it wasn't an assassination attempt at all. It was a gas pistol with pepper spray and 'noise makers' in it. THe guy left a note saying that he wasn't try to kill anyone, just show him that he wasn't untouchable. He didn't expect to survive the stunt.

Comment

It's elections day in Israel, and I voted. For Netanyahu, for economy and infrastructure-related reasons. So did my boss, who, unlike me, is a long-time Leftist and die-hard Netanyahu hater, but who voted for him because he realized that the Left is too delusional to be allowed anywhere near Prime Minister position. He and I did a quick unscientific poll in our office, and to our shock girls turned out to be much more hardline than guys; almost all the girls who work with me are voting for right-wing Naftali Bennett.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            It's elections day in Israel, and I voted. For Netanyahu, for economy and infrastructure-related reasons. So did my boss, who, unlike me, is a long-time Leftist and die-hard Netanyahu hater, but who voted for him because he realized that the Left is too delusional to be allowed anywhere near Prime Minister position. He and I did a quick unscientific poll in our office, and to our shock girls turned out to be much more hardline than guys; almost all the girls who work with me are voting for right-wing Naftali Bennett.
                            And...results: LINK!
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

differences between Netanyaho & this Bennett chap??

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                differences between Netanyaho & this Bennett chap??
                                The differences are mainly on the "peace process" issues.

Netanyahu, contrary to how he has been portrayed in ever-clueless Western media, is a moderate rightwinter who is a centrist at heart, but he is also a hardcore pragmatist. He isn't opposed to Palestinian independence as a matter of principle, but he won't let Israel be suckered into a faulty agreement on bad terms the way Obama and the Europeans would have him do.

Bennet is pretty decent on social and economic issues, but he is a former head of the Yesha Council (settler lobby), ideologically opposed to the very idea of a Palestinian state, advocates annexation of about 60% of the West Bank and opposes more or less any action against settlers' illegal outposts. Basically, Bennet is how your media describes Netanyahu.

I can't wait for how the media will misinterprete these elections. A few things to be kept in mind when you read those op-eds:

1) The "peace process" was a complete non-factor in these elections. Resurgence of the Left is due to its reorientation towards primarily social and economic agenda.

2) Resurgence of the Left will have no impact on the peace process, which was killed by Abbas with generous help from Obama, and which will remain dead for the foreseeable future. Yecimovich and Lapid may occasionally talk about restarting it,, but they know it won't work. Plus they're more or less on the same page as Netanyahu on most Palestinian-related issues.

3) Bennett's popularity "miracle" is not due to some kind of sudden radicalization of the Israelis; his party simply absorbed the hardliner vote that used to go to Lieberman's party before its merger with the Likud.

4) The real surprise is the popularity of Yair Lapid. Until about a year ago he was known mostly as a celebrity journalist on TV and the son of Yosef (Tommy) Lapid, an extremely popular figure in the Israeli life and culture (Holocaust survivor, TV and radio journalist and at one point a government minister, with a gift for hilarious sarcastic quips). Lapid's main strength is that he looks good in a leather coat.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X