This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    A server provides services, in this case, email. The also provide other services, such as record keeping. If desired, a mail server can permanently store every piece of mail that goes through it for years, or longer. Many companies, do this exact same thing. You use your company email service, through their servers for official business, and they have the right to it, it is their legal property. Government does the same thing. Either the government or a company has every right to access that email for whatever reason it wants to; investigation of wrongdoing, etc.

While Secretary of State, Hillary chose to operate a mail server on her own, outside of the possession or control of the US government and to use it for official business. That's a No-no on its own.

As I seem to recall, the whole issue came to light when some other activity of the State dept. was being looked into. People were trying to find emails, and they were nowhere to be found.

Not how it works.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Not how it works.
      Computers are too new for Old Man Annoyed
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Now for something else shady, but not exactly criminal:
        http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...t-worth-223662
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

From our Civil suit menu:
          http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...tles/84995854/
          sigpic

Comment

Immigration is seen as an economic activity so it falls under the same umbrella as capitalism. Free trade, free market, and free migrations of workers equal best economic outcome.
            precisely: a free economy, not free people

Comment

btw I concur with the Dalai Lama (as usual - unlike the neocons - that's the difference)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Computers are too new for Old Man Annoyed

So many buttons......... It's so confusing
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Clinton: Trump can't be trusted with nuclear codes

But the woman who used an unprotected email server set up in a bathroom to conduct her country's foreign affairs and receive classified information can be?
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

But the woman who used an unprotected email server set up in a bathroom to conduct her country's foreign affairs and receive classified information can be?

Say what?

A server in a bathroom. Not possible
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I agree, though I don't understand your use of 'quotes'.

The main trait of a refugee is that they have zero desire to add to the nation they are in. There is no chance of assimilation, nothing. That's a danger to any nation taking in more than they can handle. And if Germany truly cared, they'd send troops to Syria. In my opinion, the number one concern of a nation that takes in refugees, should be to find a way to get them back home.
                      My use of the quotes there, was cause i don't see many of them being true refugees.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Actually the more I read all the wacky things that some groups want to impose on society in general and the "rules" they wish to impose well are people trying to create a world of "zero hurt?"

If that is what social engineers are trying to do I have news for them. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

You will never, ever create a utopian world of zero hurt.
                      And how can you NOT see it.. She ignored rules, went against what was law/policy. Kept lying to congress about it..

If that's not criminal, what to YOU would be?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      For someone who's a big businessman like him 3500 suits over 30+ years is not outlandish to see.

Now in politics news, i saw this while looking up info on the US women's national team injured/currently on hiatus list, since Sydney Leroux is on it..
                      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03ede441364f8

It made me laugh when i first saw it, but i wonder.
                      If someone had toilet paper of Obama or Hillary, whether the media would be in uproar or not???

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

Same questions I asked the others Womble.

OH, Edit.
                        Why does it matter where the server was set up BTW?
                        Last edited by Gatefan1976; 03 June 2016, 12:08 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          For someone who's a big businessman like him 3500 suits over 30+ years is not outlandish to see.
                          You did not read the article did you?
                          To quote from the Article, so you can see it:
                          Originally posted by USA Today
                          However, even by those measures, the number of cases in which Trump is involved is extraordinary. For comparison, USA TODAY analyzed the legal involvement for five top real-estate business executives: Edward DeBartolo, shopping-center developer and former San Francisco 49ers owner; Donald Bren, Irvine Company chairman and owner; Stephen Ross, Time Warner Center developer; Sam Zell, Chicago real-estate magnate; and Larry Silverstein, a New York developer famous for his involvement in the World Trade Center properties.

To maintain an apples-to-apples comparison, only actions that used the developers' names were included. The analysis found Trump has been involved in more legal skirmishes than all five of the others — combined.
                          I added the bold.

It's not only outlandish, it's HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE.

Now in politics news, i saw this while looking up info on the US women's national team injured/currently on hiatus list, since Sydney Leroux is on it..
                          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03ede441364f8
                          It made me laugh when i first saw it, but i wonder.
                          If someone had toilet paper of Obama or Hillary, whether the media would be in uproar or not???
                          Well, the same company that makes Trump dump rolls -also- makes Hillary rolls, just the Trump ones sell at a 50 to 8 ratio.
                          I thought people liked the free market??!!??
                          sigpic

Comment

My comment about the Dalai Llama wasn't about what he was saying, it was about that *HE* was saying it.

Wasn't the Dalai Llama mr "live in peace together" and "be kind" etc and now he's "stop taking in refugees". Seems extremely un-Dalai Llama-like.

Comment

The Republicans hold the Senate, and they've basically said that they will not approve a moderate or liberal.
                              A.k.a. they refuse doing their jobs.

Have you ever heard me criticize the LSoS because of his race?
                              Have you ever heard me criticize him because of his religious faith, even though I suspect he has carefully hidden his true faith (Muslim) in order to avoid political criticism based on that?

No. You've heard me criticize him for his POLICIES.
                              Annoyed has indeed never criticized him on anything other than his policies.

And really, you believe he's a muslim -- what does it freakin' matter what religion he's got. That's a private and personal thing. For the record: he's secular.

Or in his own words:

"I was not raised in a religious household. For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness. However, in her mind, a working knowledge of the world's great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our household the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology.

On Easter or Christmas Day my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites.In sum, my mother viewed religion through the eyes of the anthropologist; it was a phenomenon to be treated with a suitable respect, but with a suitable detachment as well."

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Tell me, What is the use of a server?
                              Could you Identify one in a room?
                              What is it's function?
                              Did it prevent her Email's going to where they were supposed to go?
                              I do.
                              Thanks to my programming cources.

This reminds me: I saw G.I. Joe: Retaliation on TV yesterday and Zartan reminded me of Trump, or he could very well be the Cobra Commander.

Nevertheless, Trump should not have ownership over those codes ever.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              Wasn't the Dalai Llama mr "live in peace together" and "be kind" etc and now he's "stop taking in refugees". Seems extremely un-Dalai Llama-like.
                              Second that.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Say what?

A server in a bathroom. Not possible
                                Easily possible, just because building regulations say no power power points in the room, doesn't stop people doing it, splitting hairs I know but...

Infact I have a server in the greenhouse 50 yards from the house at the bottom of the garden, it's powered by a lipo battery which is complimented by solar cells (to charge the lipo during the day for night time running), it is connected to the home network by wifi, it doesn't have email facilities, but that is merely a formality of changing one line in the configuration file and to make it accessible to you, just a case of setting up port forwarding in the house router, something any year 7 student could do with their eyes closed (the server logs atmospheric data and opens/closes windows and switches on fans, has a webserver interface for live data and uploads historical data to the internet, email? merely a 30 second job to enable). Aside from pulling it down to change the configuration etc. it's been running continuously for 11 months.

Impossible to put a mail server in the bathroom? not in the slightest

Comment

Working...
                                X