This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Name one government in Australia that has done good for the people and not their donors, or the high end of town? The middle to low income parts of town are mostly always forgotten.
    The Howard government (Liberal) introduced the GST, which became a -relatively- fair way of taxing people across the board. It favours neither the wealthy, nor the poor.
    The Rudd government (Labour) staved of the GFC which would have been catastrophic for the middle to low class at the time.

I did not particulary like either PM, but their policies did work for the betterment of people here, and I can't ignore that.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      If you read the coverage & commentary pieces over the weekend, there is a clear tone of ice cold water being thrown in the faces of the national Republican leadership. The base of their party is pissed and coming after them.
      By voting Republican.

I am sure they are scared.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So, any Brittons who wish to speak up about Brexit?
        Where will your vote sway on June 23 - in or out?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        ..."market forces" are a more magic wand than the elder wand or a sonic screwdriver to these kinds of thought patterns.

Edit:

Totally forgot - even though ClockworkNebari seems to have disappeared altogether - Iran has renewed the fatwa against Salman Rushdie -- his head is now worth 600.000 dollar.
        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 February 2016, 01:10 AM.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

White male shooter -- I bet they'll call it psychologically disturbed in a bit...

Michigan Shooting Spree
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 February 2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Are you saying he's not?

Comment

Are you saying he's not?
              No motive yet - so it's anybody's guess really what drove him to shoot at random. No criminal record to speak of, no previous problems... but he's a middle-aged, white caucasian male... chances are high he'll be called psychologically disturbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                White male shooter -- I bet they'll call it psychologically disturbed in a bit...

Michigan Shooting Spree
                An unavoidable tragedy. A once in a lifetime event. That's how these things usually go when it's a white guy, right?

Comment

Uber did a background check on him - no criminal record, no mental illness.

Woops, now they can't use that as reason.

Comment

Michigan Shooting Spree

Now now, he's a poor disturbed person. He's not a terrorist or such.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It's the 42nd mass shooting in the US this year.

We're only 52 days into the year

And that's mass shooting, where more than four people were targeted. If you include all the shootings of individuals (by armed civilians and police) the number will be in the hundreds.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        An unavoidable tragedy. A once in a lifetime event. That's how these things usually go when it's a white guy, right?
                        How the hell did race ever come into this discussion? It has nothing whatsoever to do with race.

Comment

How the hell did race ever come into this discussion? It has nothing whatsoever to do with race.
                          If the shooter had been black or middle eastern it would be the main focus of the reporting.

White guys are always "troubled" or "mentally ill". Race is avoided at all cost when the shooter is white.

Comment

PH has a point - hence why I made a note of it.

Comment

I dunno about you folks, but to me, it seems that the left-wing media typically WON'T mention race/ethnicity unless it is a white shooter/attacker.

But in either case, that is a choice in how the media chooses to cover things, not the fault of the government or the police.

Comment

So, any Brittons who wish to speak up about Brexit?
                                Where will your vote sway on June 23 - in or out?
                                OUT. Was never a fan of even joining the EU.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                If the shooter had been black or middle eastern it would be the main focus of the reporting.

White guys are always "troubled" or "mentally ill". Race is avoided at all cost when the shooter is white.
                                Where as i see it when the shooter is black race is actually often left OUT, so we have to discern what the shooter's race was..

Comment

Working...
                                X