This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Dude, I don't hate America. Do I hate what it -does- sometimes? Sure.
    You have sooo much power in this world, and it honestly gives me the Heebie Jeebies when you act without thinking things through and act on what appears to be childish whims.
    Would you rather america not get involved all over the place??

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If the tool misues the tool, the tool needs to be taken away.

Same with cars -- you need a driver's license to drive them. If you misuse them by speeding, drunk driving or driving under influence, your license will be taken away. And repeat offenders never get it back, thus losing the right to bear arms... I mean, drive a car.
    I have lost track of the # of times over the past 8+ years, where i have read/watched a news report of this or that person getting arrested for Driving without a license, after getting it suspended/revoked.. Just taking the license away does NOT stop them driving.

Now if they also took the CAR away, that would be at least a decent measure. And then let it be known that anyone who loans their car (or van/suv/truck) to said person will also lose it, might prevent a number of people loaning their rides out to these plebs..

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      I am kidding.

I just want to smooch her.
      I wanna knock her upside her bleached head with my boot...and that's being nice! *adjusts halo*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I'm ok with many of the stated ideals of the Libertarian party, but cutting to the chase, they don't have the resources to be competitive on a national scale yet. However, those that do vote for that party line are not wasting their votes. The votes they do get help to ensure that they remain on the ballot for some point in the future where they have a better shot at it.

This year isn't their time, but depending upon what's left of the two major parties after this year, and the next 4 years, 2020 might give them a shot, if they can maintain their presence on the ballot.
        Yet, there candidates are all over the place. The party platform on the libertarian website isn't that bad...however...their candidates are all over the place. And from insider pictures and comments from their convention this past weekend in Orlando...it seems like its a party of boozers.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Would you rather america not get involved all over the place??
          Sometimes, yes.
          It depends on the reasons -why- you go somewhere. Iraq was a mistake for example.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Addendum to my post about the Libertarian candidate.

I saw he opposed stem cell research, or at least doesn't want them funded with government funds. Not a particular fan of people trying to halt important research -- see example below why stem cell research is important:

Michael J. Fox Foundation Supports Stem Cell Projects to Explore Therapies and Provide Research Tools (Parkinson's research)
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Iraq was a mistake for example.
              Not to mention a war started with blatant lies

I saw he opposed stem cell research, or at least doesn't want them funded with government funds. Not a particular fan of people trying to halt important research

Judging from their stances, it's not that they want to halt research, it's that they want to halt the government spending money on research.

You could sum up Libertarianism as "as close to anarchism as we can realistically get"

Comment

You might think that, and I can understand why. But the plain fact is that the left doesn't really care about the integrity of their standard-bearers, as long as they promise to keep the free goodies flowing.
                If you recall, Bill Clinton successful ran for re-election at the height of the Monica Lewinsky scandal. And if a Republican President had pulled half the shenanigans that the LSoS has pulled, nearly every media outlet and pundit in the country would have been wanting his head on a spike, let alone impeachment.
                And this goes nicely to prove my point:
                Poll: 71 percent of Dems think Clinton should keep running even if indicted
                A strong majority of Democratic voters think Hillary Clinton should keep running for president even if she is charged with a felony in connection with her private email use while secretary of state, according to a new poll.
                There is loyal, loyal to a fault, and then there is blind as a bat.

Comment

Well, technically nothing is mentioned in the rules on who can be president, about NOT being a felon or being indited being a 'blocker'.

Comment

I saw he opposed stem cell research, or at least doesn't want them funded with government funds. Not a particular fan of people trying to halt important research -- see example below why stem cell research is important:

Michael J. Fox Foundation Supports Stem Cell Projects to Explore Therapies and Provide Research Tools (Parkinson's research)
                    I didn't see your original posting...but I agree with what you've said here. Reseacrh like this should not be blocked.
                    sigpic

Comment

And this goes nicely to prove my point:
                      Poll: 71 percent of Dems think Clinton should keep running even if indicted

I need a better source of information. Faux News isn't a reputible source.
                      sigpic

Comment

Could say the same about those voting for Trump.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Could say the same about those voting for Trump.
                          Anyone voting from trumpalicious isn't blind as a bat...they have less sense than a box of rocks!

Plus...that is insulting to bats...
                          sigpic

Comment

I think its funny how both Trump and Clinton are involved in legal battles right now. These are our choices for the presidency?
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I need a better source of information. Faux News isn't a reputible source.
                              What, you prefer NPR, of the huff-n-puff post? I consider those to be trash.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Anyone voting from trumpalicious isn't blind as a bat...they have less sense than a box of rocks!

Plus...that is insulting to bats...
                                Mostly because bats aren't blind...

Comment

Working...
                                X