X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    OK We're having an early election . yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Not

OK so Turnbull has called an early election because the conservatives can't get their bills passed by the senate. Gee democracy in action ...... So they spat the dummy.

Can this kind of think happen in the UK or USA or any other country ?
    Not in the US, UK or other commonwealth nations, I am not so sure. I don't have a problem with the D.D. election idea, it's not exactly a common thing, and if the Liberals can't maintain or better their control of the house and senate to do something useful, we get Labour instead if enough people now prefer them.

Why U so negative on our politics Coco??
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Early elections have happened over here. Then again, we also spend a full year without a federal government cause they couldn't agree on the partnerships.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Early elections have happened over here. Then again, we also spend a full year without a federal government cause they couldn't agree on the partnerships.
        I dunno about your country, but many people over here consider gridlock the best possible state for the government to be in. If it can't do anything, it can't hurt anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I dunno about your country, but many people over here consider gridlock the best possible state for the government to be in. If it can't do anything, it can't hurt anybody.
          Beyond the federal one, we have three others so I wouldn't say it sat gridlocked. Also, laws and cases on the federal level could not be concluded and some of those had severe consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Not in the US, UK or other commonwealth nations, I am not so sure. I don't have a problem with the D.D. election idea, it's not exactly a common thing, and if the Liberals can't maintain or better their control of the house and senate to do something useful, we get Labour instead if enough people now prefer them.

Why U so negative on our politics Coco??

Because frankly it is so dysfunctional.

The LNP seem so focused on ideology and not willing to negotiate with the Senate, and that's why we are where we are now. Not saying Labor is any better but the whole two party system here seems dysfunctional, and then you have the top end of town donating to the LNP who want them to run their agenda and policies. Look up the IPA and that's where most of the LNP policy ideas seem to come from.

Shouldn't government be separated from business and above all that?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yeah, but is it ever...

Comment

yes & no, depends in what way

Comment

Yet another reason why 3.0 / 3.5 was the best thing to ever happen to D&D.
                  (and there were still restrictions, just on prestige classes only)
                  Where as to me, i thought 2e was the best thing.

And in newer news. London elected its first Muslim mayor...
                  http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/europe...han/index.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/conser...083258943.html

Comment

Elected a new mayor with a different background than all previous mayors. A new wind to be blown through the city.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Where as to me, i thought 2e was the best thing.
                      2nd Ed was great for "world building", we got cool stuff like Forgotten Realms, a decent Krynn, a Greyhawk update, Dark Sun, the start of real "splat books" and timeline specific stuff.
                      Oh, and great Ravenloft stuff!!
                      It was never really good for rules stuff though
                      sigpic

Comment

voting.jpg
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Comment

Here is a question for our Republican and/or Libertarian friends.

When you are no longer capable of working, what should society do with you?
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is a question for our Republican and/or Libertarian friends.

When you are no longer capable of working, what should society do with you?

Is "make soylent green" a valid answer /sarc

Comment

OK Hilary Clinton has lost even more of her brain matter.

http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch...e-683916355748

Comment

Working...
                                X