Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet another example of govt. overreach.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/2015...ff38a74ea.html

Starting July 1, up to 5,000 volunteers in Oregon can sign up to drive with devices that collect data on how much they have driven and where. The volunteers will agree to pay 1.5 cents for each mile traveled on public roads within Oregon, instead of the tax now added when filling up at the pump.
    How long before this is mandatory? The government tracking everywhere you drive??

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Exactly!!!

I don't get it.. What has freaked out the Western world so much that month after month we hear or see stories like this that see governments acting like, well not democratic and creating crazy stuff like the above?

Was it 9/11 that made the west go bonkers?.......
      9/11 is just the excuse. An awful lot of this crap has nothing to do with security at all, it's just government overreach. The real reason is that it is the very nature of government, and people who like to control others will always want to expand their area of control. And they know they can get away with it because no one is holding the government to the lines laid down by the constitution.

Comment

I wonder what color the sky is in the LSoS's world?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...uard/27628313/

WASHINGTON — President Obama called out climate change deniers in Congress for being weak on defense, saying it would be "dereliction of duty" for the United States to ignore the national security implications of rising global temperatures.

Obama's convocation speech at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Wednesday was his most forceful argument yet that climate change ranks alongside terrorism as a grave threat to America's future.
        What??

Comment

Haha I thought you might notice. You have me intrigued.... I keep imagining what FH looks like haha...
          Cute, little and a wee bit fluffy.

There's a thread somewhere on GW where I think I posted a picture of our near lifesize stargate prop, and I think i'm in front of it.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          What??
          Water shortage comes to mind... though not entirely sure I could compare that to suicide bombers and the likes.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Water shortage comes to mind... though not entirely sure I could compare that to suicide bombers and the likes.
            The only water shortage we have is that which we've brought on ourselves. I believe Calif. is having one now. I recall reading somewhere that they have more than enough water available to them, but the enviros are blocking access to it.

Comment

The only water shortage we have is that which we've brought on ourselves. I believe Calif. is having one now. I recall reading somewhere that they have more than enough water available to them, but the enviros are blocking access to it.
              eco-terrorists are the most insane people ever...."we believe man is causing damage to the environment so we're gonna go around and cuase more damage to it in an attempt to fix it"....screwiest logic ever

Comment

Because if you yell "think of the children" loud enough and often the public just fall in line. Someone said this in this forum a long time back that this is one of the most common excuses western governments are using to pass undemocratic laws..
                I call it the "wrap a bacon" principle...to get a dog to take a pill that you know he ain't gonna eat on his own you wrap it in bacon....this is the same way the elites sell communism to the populace....they make it seem like such a good thing

And for any who disagree they use tactics right out of Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals"

Comment

And in other government misbehavior....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...en-for-police/

So, the current crop of idiots running the country think they should be able to get into your electronic gadgets at will. OF course, "it's for the children".

Does the Constitution mean nothing to these people?
                  notice the double standard too: such measures will restrict privacy rights of the commoners under pretext of fighting crime while at the same time encouraging cops themselves to moonlight as criminals without getting caught
                  then people wonder why that job is increasingly popular in that country. lol

ps. Holder's a Democrat '_' but at least this is a "democrat" the conservatives will like a lot

Comment

The idea of the U.S. is "Government with the consent of the people". If enough people are unhappy with the governments actions to the point where firearms even come into question, that government probably needs to be turned out, as it has clearly lost the consent of the people.
                    An armed and well-organized minority tends to create its own majority by intimidating those less inclined to violence, armed though they may be. It's how ISIS came about.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      notice the double standard too: such measures will restrict privacy rights of the commoners under pretext of fighting crime while at the same time encouraging cops themselves to moonlight as criminals without getting caught
                      then people wonder why that job is increasingly popular in that country. lol

ps. Holder's a Democrat '_' but at least this is a "democrat" the conservatives will like a lot
                      I think you're assuming that what the national Republican Party says represents the views of Conservatives. it most emphatically does not. Most Conservatives I know refer to the national party leaders as RINO's (republican in name only). We do not favor a large intrusive government, nor do we favor invasions of our privacy such as the example above.

Comment

Most Conservatives I know refer to the national party leaders as RINO's (republican in name only). We do not favor a large intrusive government, nor do we favor invasions of our privacy such as the example above.
                        yet after the Walter Scott incident, guess who were the ones who sided with the killer

Comment

More government misbehavior:

From a nearby Upstate NY City:
                          http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3803189.shtml?cat=565

News10NBC has learned the New York State DMV is selling your personal data.

According to the Erie County Clerk in Buffalo, the DMV is selling data given to them when people register for their driver's license and vehicles. Last year, the department allegedly made $60-million from selling personal data.

Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs has sent a letter to the DMV telling them to stop this practice. He's also looking in to who the information could have been sold to.

A meeting will be held in June to discuss possible long term solutions to this problem.
                          If anyone has any doubts about government needing to be reigned in, this ought to answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            yet after the Walter Scott incident, guess who were the ones who sided with the killer
                            Once the facts in this case were known, that the former officer was clearly in the wrong, I don't recall too many people supporting him.

Comment

Once the facts in this case were known, that the former officer was clearly in the wrong, I don't recall too many people supporting him.
                              check yahoo comments
                              notice a lot of "all ya leftie cop haters" comments then guess who wants a big government
                              (also look up Cecil Clayton)

QED

Comment

as if all cops are bad....there are good cops who endeavor to uphold the law and have stated that they would refuse to comply with any laws that run counter to the Constitution

Comment

Working...
                                X