Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I said that already.
    Maybe if we both say the uninformed will see reason
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
      Was this before or after he nearly knocked the cops eye out?
      Well assuming that is true, and I don't know why you would, then I'd guess it was after, unless he has really long arms. Either way, he was 30 feet away and surrendering. There's nothing in the law, even in the USA, which justifies that sort of execution. It's bizarre to me that anyone would defend the cop based on what information we have now. Even if you discount the testimony of the various public witnesses, the cop himself said he was 30 feet away when he shot him. Probably before he had time to invent a story that would cast him in a better light...

Yeah. Gaza is a million miles detached from Israel.

You show that straw man who's boss.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        You show that straw man who's boss.
        I found footage of Fly doing it!!

sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Oh come on I was asking seriously what benefit do you get giving them money every year?
          Uh, too many to count.

Real-time, minute-to-minute access to one of the best intelligence services in the world.

Access to military hardware storage facilities that are very centrally located in a region of vital interest to the US, which simplifies supply for US troops.

Priority access to a huge array of Israel-developed technologies, both military and civilian.

Access to military data that the US could never get anywhere else. The terrorist tactics that the US encounters in its foreign wars are usually ones that have been used against Israel before, and Israeli army can usually advise their US collegues about ways of counteracting them.

The list could go on for many pages. Then there's the fact that most of the US "aid" you hear about are actually loan guarantees- the US assists Israel with acquiring loans on world financial markets which then get spent on procuring defense hardware from US companies- making it pretty much aid to the US economy.

So basically, little alien, your planet is too different.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Correction:

Israel's provocations in the West Bank and a history of subjugation - Hamas catapulting rockets over the wall into Israel - Israel blasting them right back.

Better order?
            No. You have to go back to 1834.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Uh, too many to count.

Real-time, minute-to-minute access to one of the best intelligence services in the world.

Access to military hardware storage facilities that are very centrally located in a region of vital interest to the US, which simplifies supply for US troops.

Priority access to a huge array of Israel-developed technologies, both military and civilian.

Access to military data that the US could never get anywhere else. The terrorist tactics that the US encounters in its foreign wars are usually ones that have been used against Israel before, and Israeli army can usually advise their US collegues about ways of counteracting them.

The list could go on for many pages. Then there's the fact that most of the US "aid" you hear about are actually loan guarantees- the US assists Israel with acquiring loans on world financial markets which then get spent on procuring defense hardware from US companies- making it pretty much aid to the US economy.

So basically, little alien, your planet is too different.
              Your points are all valid.
              Your last statement is why people care not a toss about you.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Your points are all valid.
                Your last statement is why people care not a toss about you.
                Oh, that's not the reason, it's the post-hoc self-justification one uses to not care

Pulling punches has never worked anyway. I'm all out of patience for nonsense.

Comment

Oh, that's not the reason, it's the post-hoc self-justification one uses to not care
                  Dude, READ your sig, read what you wrote. You are our "gateway" into understanding the conflict from the inside. I speak only for myself here, but I would really like to know it better. I have no issue with Israel, or it's people, I DO have issue with how it reacts to things, and how much it seems to lay a blanket of "Anti-semetic" or "Anti Jew" over ANYONE who questions their actions.
                  Can you understand the difference?

If your position is "if you question X, you are Y", then WHY even try to challenge "if you are Y you are X", it is the same logical progression!!
                  There is no moral high ground to be had here brother, we ALL do dumb stuff.

Pulling punches has never worked anyway. I'm all out of patience for nonsense.
                  If you believe that, why should anyone believe in Israel?
                  Israel is no more than a socio-economic buffer to de-stabilise and threaten the middle east with "Western power" your people, your position means JACK.
                  Stuff your "nonsense" FRACK Israel, fight your own wars you bunch of cowards. Wait for another hero to throw a snake on the floor with magic to make you rise up against your bondage.

In short, you are not the only people sick of the "nonsense"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Dude, READ your sig, read what you wrote.
                    It's a quote from one of the greatest war journalists of all time, Martha Gellhorn, from the single best piece ever written about the Arab-Israeli conflict. Full text here. Written in 1961, before any "occupation" excuse, and yet the opening paragraph which describes the view of Arab politicians and their apologists, describes the same exact views you get today from the likes of KEK and Falcon Horus. It's how one knows that it's never been "the occupation".

It's a long, but totally worthwhile read. Old-style uncompromising journalism. They don't write with such candor anymore.

You are our "gateway" into understanding the conflict from the inside. I speak only for myself here, but I would really like to know it better. I have no issue with Israel, or it's people, I DO have issue with how it reacts to things, and how much it seems to lay a blanket of "Anti-semetic" or "Anti Jew" over ANYONE who questions their actions.
                    Can you understand the difference?
                    Honestly? No. You can't claim both to not have an issue with Israel and to have it, in the same sentence. Nor do I understand which part of the Palestinians' openly declared desire for genocide of Jews is unclear to you, for that matter. I am yet to receive a coherent explanation for how one is meant to react to "things" like a relentless campaign of extermination being waged against them.

If you believe that, why should anyone believe in Israel?
                    Israel is no more than a socio-economic buffer to de-stabilise and threaten the middle east with "Western power" your people, your position means JACK.
                    Stuff your "nonsense" FRACK Israel, fight your own wars you bunch of cowards. Wait for another hero to throw a snake on the floor with magic to make you rise up against your bondage.
                    That's a beautiful declaration of vicious closed-mindedness. I'm looking forward to how you plan to reconcile it with " I speak only for myself here, but I would really like to know it better".

It's why I don't bother anymore, my friend. People fling around cretinous declarations like this one and you know that they aren't coming from any place that involves knowledge, or thinking, or anything other than projections of their prejudices. They say they want to know, but what they actually want is supporting evidence for these prejudices. Anything that doesn't fit, will be ignored. I've seen it a few times too many.

Comment

Why are we allowing so called "Citizens" to return home when they go to play terrorist in other countries?

Apparently the guy that chopped off the reporters head came from the UK.....

No wonder he was hiding his face. How is it that UK citizens can go there do that and be allowed back into the country? If it is true of course, the claim was made on the evening news here.

Then you did that that "citizen" who chopped someone's head off on a UK street.. Whatever happened to that lovely chap? <sarcasm
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Those Belgians who left for Syria to fight, or join IS to fight with them, loose their rights and are no longer considered citizens. If and when they return, they are arrested upon arrival and imprisoned on terrorist charges. A thread assesment is made and if they are deemed a risk to society they are being kept locked up. If the assesment is positive and the person is not deemed a thread, they are parroled in a manner of speaking (which has happened to one so far).
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's a quote from one of the greatest war journalists of all time, Martha Gellhorn, from the single best piece ever written about the Arab-Israeli conflict. Full text here. Written in 1961, before any "occupation" excuse, and yet the opening paragraph which describes the view of Arab politicians and their apologists, describes the same exact views you get today from the likes of KEK and Falcon Horus. It's how one knows that it's never been "the occupation".
                          But their views are not MY views, and it Angers me that you lump them together. I can flippantly agree with both of them, AND see their point as well. People get upset with the -perceived- arrogance of Judaism and you really are not helping that perception by saying stuff like "alien politics"
                          People ARE actually trying to see your POV. It may not be accurate, but they ARE trying.
                          If you cannot give them kudos for that, WHY on earth should they give a left nut about you?
                          It does not matter if they are "right", it's that they TRY.
                          Do you feel me dude?

It's a long, but totally worthwhile read. Old-style uncompromising journalism. They don't write with such candor anymore.
                          Israel blows innocent people up. You don't mean to, but you do.
                          is that Candid enough?
                          Or is it some kind of Anti-semetic/anti Jewish bull??
                          How uncompromising do you want to get here dude?

Honestly? No. You can't claim both to not have an issue with Israel and to have it, in the same sentence. Nor do I understand which part of the Palestinians' openly declared desire for genocide of Jews is unclear to you, for that matter. I am yet to receive a coherent explanation for how one is meant to react to "things" like a relentless campaign of extermination being waged against them.
                          Should I view the Jewish press of wanting to exterminate Palestine the same way? That the response from the English to go to Dresden, or Hiroshima/Nagasaki was a fracking GOOD IDEA??
                          NO, freaking HELL NO.
                          I think better of your people.

That's a beautiful declaration of vicious closed-mindedness. I'm looking forward to how you plan to reconcile it with " I speak only for myself here, but I would really like to know it better".
                          If I did not care, I would not respond.

It's why I don't bother anymore, my friend. People fling around cretinous declarations like this one and you know that they aren't coming from any place that involves knowledge, or thinking, or anything other than projections of their prejudices. They say they want to know, but what they actually want is supporting evidence for these prejudices. Anything that doesn't fit, will be ignored. I've seen it a few times too many.
                          How do you think I feel as a pagan with even less support, but willing to withstand the BS?

Come on man, you have NUTS, argue the argument, not the garbage.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Why are we allowing so called "Citizens" to return home when they go to play terrorist in other countries?

Apparently the guy that chopped off the reporters head came from the UK.....

No wonder he was hiding his face. How is it that UK citizens can go there do that and be allowed back into the country? If it is true of course, the claim was made on the evening news here.

Then you did that that "citizen" who chopped someone's head off on a UK street.. Whatever happened to that lovely chap? <sarcasm
                            We Don't allow it.
                            Really simple.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              Well assuming that is true, and I don't know why you would, then I'd guess it was after, unless he has really long arms. Either way, he was 30 feet away and surrendering. There's nothing in the law, even in the USA, which justifies that sort of execution. It's bizarre to me that anyone would defend the cop based on what information we have now. Even if you discount the testimony of the various public witnesses, the cop himself said he was 30 feet away when he shot him. Probably before he had time to invent a story that would cast him in a better light...
                              looks like the SS are even taking in reporters for the crime of...reporting

that's a good message they're sending the law abiding citizens : "you pay taxes and stfu (and **** the 1st amendment)"

oh well here's hoping the rioters take down as many of the SS as they can

Comment

The SS?

What is this WWII?
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X