This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I would say it is apt in the way you used it.
    If you just wanted to say "back seat driver", why not just say that?
    Because Yiddish allows me to use one word where you need three.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

For the record, I value life.

And I don't consider myself a backseat driver, but I have left that conversation long ago.

Also, I sincerely feel for the family of the child which died in an attack on Israel by Hamas rockets. His life is no less important as that of the hundreds of children fallen on the other side of the wall.
      But I doubt you'll believe me to be sincere, considering you assume I am anti-Israel/Jew/whatever else you can think of.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        For the record, I value life.

And I don't consider myself a backseat driver, but I have left that conversation long ago.
        True. You're not even in the car.

Also, I sincerely feel for the family of the child which died in an attack on Israel by Hamas rockets. His life is no less important as that of the hundreds of children fallen on the other side of the wall.
        But I doubt you'll believe me to be sincere, considering you assume I am anti-Israel/Jew/whatever else you can think of.
        You're not declaring to the world that you're going to boycott Palestinian products over it like you did earlier with Israel.

Your declaration comes, as I mentioned in my previous post, only after you've been challenged, not before.

And you did not balance your earlier condemnations of Israel with comments about "the other side of the wall".

So yes, I remain skeptical.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Wow nice air strike took out a whole apartment building....... I think both sides will tear themselves apart......
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

There's so much bad blood, I doubt we'll ever see the end of it.

Comment

There's so much bad blood, I doubt we'll ever see the end of it.
              Hamas launched a rocket into Israel their response was to bomb a whole apartment block and displace everyone who lived there.. Is that really proportional?

FH you are right. There's so much blood this will never end...... Till both parties are made to stop . Just how you do that though is beyond my abilities to fathom.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Hamas launched a rocket into Israel their response was to bomb a whole apartment block and displace everyone who lived there.. Is that really proportional?
                Nothing is proportional here... Israel has the ability to flatten the entire Gaza area - in one strike too I'd reckon.

Death Toll so far in the current war:

Gaza vs Israel

2,104 vs 68

500 children (+ the 1 teenager who was kidnapped and burned alive in retaliation for the 3 Israelis) vs 1 (+ the 3 teenagers who were kidnapped and killed)

80% civilians vs 4 civilians

20% Hamas (and other fighters) vs 64 soldiers

Hamas executed 18 civilians who were suspected of collaborating with Israel.

Source article from Middleeasteye.net

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Proportional to what?

What's your idea of proportionality? Rocket for rocket? One dead Israeli child grants Israel a coupon to kill one Palestinian terrorist?
                  Last edited by Womble; 24 August 2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Nothing is proportional here... Israel has the ability to flatten the entire Gaza area - in one strike too I'd reckon.

Death Toll so far in the current war:

Gaza vs Israel

2,104 vs 68

500 children (+ the 1 teenager who was kidnapped and burned alive in retaliation for the 3 Israelis) vs 1 (+ the 3 teenagers who were kidnapped and killed)

80% civilians vs 4 civilians

20% Hamas (and other fighters) vs 64 soldiers

Hamas executed 18 civilians who were suspected of collaborating with Israel.

Source article from Middleeasteye.net
                    All Palestinian casualties data is from the Gaza ministry of health. From Hamas, that is. Even the ever-anti-Israel BBC is beginning to doubt the figures they're being fed (although, hilariously, it is "not immediately obvious" to them why the vast majority of Palestinian dead are adult males of fighting age. Give them ten more years and they'll figure out that in over 5000 airstrikes, just over 2000 Palestinians got killed if one counts terrorists and civilians alike. Less than one person per two airstrikes, and that's not counting artillery, mortar strikes and ground fighting. As close to surgical precision as one can get in war).

But the raw power of emotional appeals is damn hard to resist, isn't it? 500 dead children and all.

Comment

There is an article circulating the Internet that Hamas is ISIS (or the Islamic State) and ISIS (or the IS) is Hamas... Hamas may have some supporters for the I.S. and they have similar goals -- simply to destroy Israel for starters.

Anywho, there is another article (recently) somewhere that al-Qaeda (sp?) is now relenting and supporting the Islamic State, or has supporters within al-Qaeda for the I.S.

Thought I'd post the "Bible" oriented news info comment(s) on the Middle East/I.S. conquests, etc., over on the
                      "Tracking Earth's future..." topic, instead...

Comment

A former editor of the Jerusalem bureau of the Associated Press has just published a devastating piece describing how the news about Israel are being produced. The Associated Press (AP) is one of the world's largest news services on which the media in general relies as a first source for breaking news.

Comment

Were you a capitalist? In that case, Jews were Communists
                          btw didn't Joseph Mccarthy go there?

(Mccarthy was a nazi sympathizer who was so paranoid he saw marxists everywhere. lol)
                          Last edited by SoulReaver; 26 August 2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

evidently Lt. Gen. McInerney is worried enough about this kerfuffle with ISIS to push for DEFCON 1

Comment

I see my thread is still alive and well... good.
                              sigpic
                              Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                A former editor of the Jerusalem bureau of the Associated Press has just published a devastating piece describing how the news about Israel are being produced. The Associated Press (AP) is one of the world's largest news services on which the media in general relies as a first source for breaking news.
                                Huh? He's just rehashed the same infantile 'but they are worse!' rhetoric we've heard over and over again, but garnished it with some insight into the inner workings of a news organization. His editors are right, the story isn't Palestinian corruption. Not because it's not relevant, but because it goes without saying.

Also, I hope you're prepared to call this man out as an anti-Semite for calling this "the Jew's war", as I'm sure you would have done if any of us had used that phrase.

Comment

Working...
                                X