This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    But the legend of Dracula is one you can understand. Religion is just something I do not understand....
    Good point.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      I think my eyes would melt if i tried to make a post that long.
      Melted eyes, ummm, delicacy

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      So what does the Koran and Talmud say about all of these biblical prophesies? Or don't they count as reliable source?

Also, Dracula the story was loosely based on Vlad the Impaler, a medieval warlord with a taste for blood and torture (and not the only one with a taste for it if you look through history).
      *looks at FH *
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
        *looks at FH *
        *wipes blood from lips*

You didn't see anything.

Comment

*wipes blood from lips*

You didn't see anything.
          Damn straight i didnt
          sigpic

Comment

*wipes blood from lips*

You didn't see anything.
            SoulReaver likes vamp babes

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              SoulReaver likes vamp babes
              I do too... especially this one...

Spoiler:

And for more babe-talk see the Off-topic threads about "How to prepare Newbies?", "Girl/boyfriend or lack there of" or "The Cantina".

Comment

At least it appears that people are starting to lose interest in the Malaysian Airplane crash.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

So what does the Koran and Talmud say about all of these biblical prophesies? Or don't they count as reliable source?

Also, Dracula the story was loosely based on Vlad the Impaler, a medieval warlord with a taste for blood and torture (and not the only one with a taste for it if you look through history).
                  Ah Grandad. He was an interesting person. But he gave me all the garlic I would want. It helps lower blood pressure
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I do too... especially this one...

And for more babe-talk see the Off-topic threads about "How to prepare Newbies?", "Girl/boyfriend or lack there of" or "The Cantina".
                    pff

no this here topic's perfect
                    speaking of, what would vampire babes think of the current political landscape?

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    At least it appears that people are starting to lose interest in the Malaysian Airplane crash.
                    what plane?

Comment

Washington can be their feast. I wont object
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        what plane?
                        Exactly.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Whats all the bits they keep finding, is it another plane, maybe its a Airfix one
                          sigpic

Comment

Random debris. The Indian Ocean is rather big
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its were all of Jel's Radioactive left over body bits get tossed.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, *Vlad* got into a habit of staking his enemies (or anyone who opposed him). One legend claimed that when one of the peasants complained about the stench of the people dying from being staked, Vlad decided to make that guy's stake higher than the rest (of the dead bodies on stakes around him). Really *nice* guy (NOT) -- that Vlad. Not very handsome, either, IMHO.

I thought the Talmud was an interpretation of the Hebrew scriptures, therefore it carries less weight as to what the verses actually read as. That's the impression I keep getting from reading many Jewish web forums about it.

As for the Koran, I don't know -- never read it. I can only state what I've read from other folks discussing about it (and I do sometimes read comments from the Muslim community discussing various items of their beliefs and customs).

What I have heard is that there is a sect in Iran, and probably thruout the Islamic world, who believe in the coming of the 12th Imam.
                                Wikipedia has some info -- the 12th Imam "Muhammad al-Mahdi". Basically, apparently Jesus Christ is going to be working with the Mahdi, but it is the Madhi who is more important. The people who believe in the prophecies of the Madhi, want to see him come soon (sooner than soon) to rule over the earth (or just them..? don't know if that applies to the whole earth or just them). Wiki notes the 12th Imam this way--
                                Spoiler:
                                "Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Mahdi -- is believed by Twelver Shi‘a Muslims to be the Mahdi, an ultimate savior of humankind and the final Imam of the Twelve Imams who will emerge with Isa (Jesus Christ) in order to fulfill their mission of bringing peace and justice to the world."

(sorry, the symbols won't show up properly here..)

anywho... that's probably more info than you really wanted to know...

Also, it is interesting that all of the big three "faiths" -- Muslim, Judaism, and Christianity have the number 12 as a significant factor somewhere in their belief system, family tree, or ruling system of governing order. One can question that sheer number 12 as a myth or reality. What it actually applies to is sacred to each group.
                                Last edited by SGalisa; 01 April 2014, 05:42 PM. Reason: fix typos

Comment

Working...
                                X