This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seastallion View Post
    It is NO coincidence that Obama's slogan has been "Forward", and MSNBC's has been "Lean Forward". They are all but shouting, "we are TOTALLY for Obama..!"
    Obama just adopted their slogan, rather than the other way around.
    Now you're just contradicting yourself; how does Obama using MSNBC's slogan mean they [MSNBC] are "all but shouting" that they are for Obama?

If the mainstream media like MSNBC are/were so against the Republicans then maybe Romney should have adopted one of their slogans to make the impression that the mainstream media backed him... Of course, in this case that wouldn't have worked since Romney was doing everything but moving forward. Hmm.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
      The election is a travesty because more people voted for Obama than Romney? Yeah, democracy is a ****ing *****...
      especially when the winner also wins the popular vote (unlike, say, 12 years ago)

Comment

muslim/atheist + muslim/communist = double oxy-moronic statement

what a bubblehead

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          especially when the winner also wins the popular vote (unlike, say, 12 years ago)
          Yeah, but at least the right party (the GOP) was voted into power on that occasion.
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            I recall a man named Alexander Terry way back when (late 1800's) commenting on the rather temporary nature of democracies and democratic republics....that they last only as long as it takes for a majority of the people to realize that they can vote themselves largesse from the federal treasury....once that happens they will continue to vote for the person who promises them the most of the contents of said treasury
            Too true. That was basically Bill O'Reilly's point last night. He said that people basically voted for the one they felt would give them the most 'stuff'. In a country with a debt greater than our economy, we're in a sorry position.
            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Obama won the electoral college and majority vote. Twice. You don't like a democracy, move to China. They're choosing their next leader.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

https://twitter.com/joinsimon/status/266126124898193408

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  Obama won the electoral college and majority vote. Twice. You don't like a democracy, move to China. They're choosing their next leader.
                  Where do you get off on saying we don't like democracy? I'm saying that Republicans failed to do what was needed to get their message out. That is true. You don't see ANYONE saying we don't like democracy. Those are YOUR words. Republicans love our country and form of government more than anyone. There is a reason the majority of military people tend to be Republican. We are willing to fight and die for our country. Our democratic system is deeply ingrained in our national culture and heritage. Those UN monitors that came to check things out, were "amazed". Their only complaint was that the American Election system didn't require voters to present ID's. The very thing Democrats complain about as being 'voter suppression'. We're the oldest democracy in the world, and Republicans are the party of Lincoln, the Great Emancipator. Not so long ago, it was Democrats that were the ones imposing segregation, NOT the Republicans. It was Republicans that fought for equal rights for all races, NOT the Democrats. Did you even know that? I wonder...
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Where do you get off on saying we don't like democracy? I'm saying that Republicans failed to do what was needed to get their message out. That is true. You don't see ANYONE saying we don't like democracy. Those are YOUR words. Republicans love our country and form of government more than anyone. There is a reason the majority of military people tend to be Republican. We are willing to fight and die for our country. Our democratic system is deeply ingrained in our national culture and heritage. Those UN monitors that came to check things out, were "amazed". Their only complaint was that the American Election system didn't require voters to present ID's. The very thing Democrats complain about as being 'voter suppression'. We're the oldest democracy in the world, and Republicans are the party of Lincoln, the Great Emancipator. Not so long ago, it was Democrats that were the ones imposing segregation, NOT the Republicans. It was Republicans that fought for equal rights for all races, NOT the Democrats. Did you even know that? I wonder...
                    The Republican Party is the party of Lincoln in name only. I cannot think of a Republican President of the 19th or 20th century that would have been chosen by this current batch.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Bwahahahahaha
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

We're the oldest democracy in the world
                        Um, that's really debatable. You do know that the Greek coined the word 'democracy' in the 5th century BCE, right? There are also plenty of systems prior to the turn of the fifth century that could be considered democratic. Overall, the consensus seems to be that the 'oldest democracy in the world' depends on your criteria and it are mostly only Americans who consider it to be the USA.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

We're the oldest democracy in the world...
                          The Tynwald (the Parliament of the Isle of Man) and the Althing (the Parliament of Iceland) have existed since 979 and 930 respectively. A few Swiss canton's still practice Landsgemenide – which is about as close to a direct democracy you can get – a tradition that dates back to the 13th century. The first elected Parliament of England was elected in 1265. So no, America is not the oldest democracy in the world.

Comment

We're the oldest democracy in the world
                            America isn't a democracy, you're a Republic. Even then, you're still not the oldest Republic in the world.

sigpic

Comment

America is a democracy. It has a republic form of government, but that doesn't exclude it from being a democracy.

Comment

The US is a Democratic Republic. Just like North Korea!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X