Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a nutshell, if the party leader loses his riding another MP from a safe district will resign, and the leader will call (and win) a by-election.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Chaka and soul.
      You are both forgetting that under a parliamentarian system, you don't vote for people, you vote for party.
      Just like to go back to this part, you're not quite right either. I know Australia is much different than UK and Canada but here you vote for a candidate of a party, his name is printed first and in the biggest font on the ballot with party underneath as description. Provincial élections even have the picture of the guy.

Only difference with a leader is that he's got a sure win.

But yes. The system is based on the quantity of MP therefore that is the only thing that counts.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        so the majority of voters wanted Boris to be PM?
        Damn.
        Even given the facts, you are as ignorant as trump.
        Well done.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Just like to go back to this part, you're not quite right either. I know Australia is much different than UK and Canada but here you vote for a candidate of a party, his name is printed first and in the biggest font on the ballot with party underneath as description. Provincial élections even have the picture of the guy.

Only difference with a leader is that he's got a sure win.

But yes. The system is based on the quantity of MP therefore that is the only thing that counts.
          Yes, the candidate is printed with their stupid mug, but you are STILL not voting for PERSON.
          It's not my fault if the average punter thinks they live in America and are voting in a president.
          I can't help stupid, and I really can't help the wilfully stupid.
          sigpic

Comment

Damn.
            Even given the facts, you are as ignorant as trump.
            Well done.
            man you're dense. just admit you didn't have the guts to answer the damn question for fear of contradicting yourself

Comment

man you're dense. just admit you didn't have the guts to answer the damn question for fear of contradicting yourself
              What?
              You are ignorant of the system, but it's on me?
              Pathetic.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                GF has a point, you can't make that comparison bc the only folks who actually vote for Boris or May or whoever are the electors from the district he/she is running in.
                just another detail that makes it even less democratic

Comment

just another detail that makes it even less democratic
                  Sorry if facts and truth make you as bad as annoyed.
                  sigpic

Comment

oh dear..... the base is a'jumping

Last edited by magi877; 01 August 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

What?
                      You are ignorant of the system, but it's on me?
                      Pathetic.
                      oh your archaic system's easy to understand - I just wanted to expose you in your contradictions
                      Sorry if facts and truth make you as bad as annoyed.
                      lol you're as disingenuous as the Don & his neocon followers
                      (not to mention you appreciate democracy about as much as they do)

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

oh your archaic system's easy to understand
                          Yet, you don't.
                          Again, pathetic.
                          - I just wanted to expose you in your contradictionslol you're as disingenuous as the Don & his neocon followers
                          (not to mention you appreciate democracy about as much as they do)
                          This is beyond pathetic, it's just sad.
                          It shows your ignorance of, well, anything political, or legal.
                          Here is a hint. I don't especially LIKE the system I work within, I have never been gun shy about saying it either. But I need to know it is the system I must work within -right now- to change it to something better.
                          You don't get that, you think crying from the mountaintop will change it.
                          It won't, and thinking it will is ignorant.
                          sigpic

Comment

Major Gabbard- burn the place down

Comment

Last time the call was to "burn it down", you got trump.
                              Are you sure, or is Gabbard sure you really want to burn it down?
                              Fix things, correct things, yes, sure.
                              Burn it down?

Did it really work last time?
                              sigpic

Comment

Yet, you don't.
                                Again, pathetic.
                                yes I do²
                                again, dense
                                This is beyond pathetic, it's just sad.
                                It shows your ignorance of, well, anything political, or legal.
                                Here is a hint. I don't especially LIKE the system I work within, I have never been gun shy about saying it either. But I need to know it is the system I must work within -right now- to change it to something better.
                                You don't get that, you think crying from the mountaintop will change it.
                                It won't, and thinking it will is ignorant.
                                this is beyond dense it's just dumb. here's a hint: I asked a question. a very simple question in response to something you said. that question calls for a very simple answer. just wanted to confirm something about what you said. you dont have the guts to answer just admit it k m8?

(man this reminds me of the time I was there lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X