X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    pass a federal law making classic voting machines compulsory, easy peasy

besides you contradict yourself if the president can't bring about such a change then someone like Gore who was never in power certainly couldn't either
    Such a law would not be within the authority of the feds.

And Gore didn't pass a law, either. But the switch to hackable, electronic voting devices was a direct result of his whining about his loss rather than accepting the results.

Comment

pass a federal law making classic voting machines compulsory, easy peasy

/
      such a thing is not permitted by the Constitution

and the president doesn't "pass a law". first it has to be a bill

uh forget it, i'll just hit you up with some school house rock

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Such a law would not be within the authority of the feds.

And Gore didn't pass a law, either. But the switch to hackable, electronic voting devices was a direct result of his whining about his loss rather than accepting the results.
        you do have such a thing as federal law right? and it does supersede state law right?

you're blaming Gore for something he had no power to do (unlike Trump). besides he would've known that electronic devices are even more prone to tampering so why would he want that?
        sounds more like the neocons (already in power back then) seized upon the opportunity to make a bad situation worse

btw here's proof your King supports the current system & has no intention of fixing it

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...ller-testimony

if anything that's like a confession to collusion since they're openly inviting the ruskies to help Trump get elected (again)

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
        such a thing is not permitted by the Constitution

and the president doesn't "pass a law". first it has to be a bill

uh forget it, i'll just hit you up with some school house rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag
        that'w what I meant too lazy to type more

since the GOP's lockstep behind Trump it's the same thing anyway your POTUS has de facto legislative power

Comment

you do have such a thing as federal law right? and it does supersede state law right?
          Not always. Divided government, remember? Authority over different things are subject to local / county / state / federal (or all 4 levels) depending upon the exact circumstances. The Constitution(s) lays out how this is divided up.

you're blaming Gore for something he had no power to do (unlike Trump). besides he would've known that electronic devices are even more prone to tampering so why would he want that?
          sounds more like the neocons (already in power back then) seized upon the opportunity to make a bad situation worse
          You still don't get it. Gore did not choose to do that. Call it the law of unintended consequences if you want, but the fact remains that we trashed the old unhackable voting mechanisms as a direct result of Gore.

btw here's proof your King supports the current system & has no intention of fixing it

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...ller-testimony

if anything that's like a confession to collusion since they're openly inviting the ruskies to help Trump get elected (again)
          Will have to read that link in more detail.

[EDIT] Ok, the bills you're referring to apparently seek to regulate elections at the federal level, rather than at the state/local level where they are supposed to be regulated. In addition, it seems there may be provisions to automatically register people to vote. That would be loaded with opportunities for illegitimate registrations.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...tive-graveyard

Asked about moving election security legislation, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) argued the administration had been successful in preventing interference in 2018. He also appeared to knock provisions in a House-passed bill that would automatically register people to vote unless they actively decline to be added.

“If you bring up election bills, you’ll have all the liberals that want to federalize the federal election laws,” Grassley said. “But when you got people that want to have national registrations mixed up with stopping foreign interference in elections, then do they really want to stop foreign interference?”
          Sounds to me like stopping those bills is a good thing.

since the GOP's lockstep behind Trump it's the same thing anyway your POTUS has de facto legislative power
          Since when?
          Last edited by Annoyed; 27 July 2019, 03:59 AM.

Comment

non americans want to complain about american politics

fine

but at least get the basics of the system down first

like how the President is not a de facto anything, the 3 branches of government create a failsafe from any one person or group of persons from having absolute control

Comment

fine

like how the President is not a de facto anything, the 3 branches of government create a failsafe from any one person or group of persons from having absolute control
              A reasonable request. But I don't think someone who just reads news reports about events in a country he doesn't live in can really gain a good understanding of the overall picture, particularly with the heavily biased media that exists today.

That's why I don't spend a lot of time commenting on events in other countries; there's a good chance that there are things that I don't understand about the situation that explain things that otherwise don't make sense.

Also, one of the early symptoms of TDS (Trump Derangment Syndrome) is logical thought ceases to function when it comes to anything regarding Trump.

Comment

Not always. Divided government, remember? Authority over different things are subject to local / county / state / federal (or all 4 levels) depending upon the exact circumstances. The Constitution(s) lays out how this is divided up.
                in the end the SDS I mean SCOTUS decides right? and they'll decide in favour of the ruskies

You still don't get it. Gore did not choose to do that.
                and that's all that matters

Will have to read that link in more detail.

[EDIT] Ok, the bills you're referring to apparently seek to regulate elections at the federal level, rather than at the state/local level where they are supposed to be regulated. In addition, it seems there may be provisions to automatically register people to vote. That would be loaded with opportunities for illegitimate registrations.
                if that's so why call it cybersecurity when it's only about bureaucracy & red tape?

here's a better one then:
                https://www.wsj.com/articles/republi...ure-1533144561

Comment

maybe because merican policies do tend to have repercussions far beyond your borders

environmental politics for starters

that's good

but that was before

Comment

and that's all that matters
                    Hardly.

Behind a paywall.
                    I don't need it anyway; I found an article that describes the situation, and I posted what my reactions were. Seems to me like the bill is more about helping Democrats than it is about security. Automatic voter registration? Yeah, that's secure.
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 27 July 2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

For you lefties; perhaps you can pass this to your leaders? It explains rather well why the Democrats are going to lose in 2020.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-to-reelection

Comment

Hardly.

Behind a paywall.
                        I don't need it anyway; I found an article that describes the situation, and I posted what my reactions were. Seems to me like the bill is more about helping Democrats than it is about security. Automatic voter registration? Yeah, that's secure.
                        if the site's blocked I'll sum up the title & subtitle :

"Senate Republicans Block $250 Million Election Security Measure
                        Amendment would have funded cybersecurity efforts and replaced outdated election equipment"

which means they want to make sure the voting machines are more easily hacked by the ruskies

in other words the neocons are committing high treason

For you lefties; perhaps you can pass this to your leaders? It explains rather well why the Democrats are going to lose in 2020.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-to-reelection
                        why bring this up since Trump can just have his government rig the elections (or once again ask the ruskies to do it since his fellow repub Mueller said it's legal)

Comment

if the site's blocked I'll sum up the title & subtitle :

"Senate Republicans Block $250 Million Election Security Measure
                          Amendment would have funded cybersecurity efforts and replaced outdated election equipment"

which means they want to make sure the voting machines are more easily hacked by the ruskies

in other words the neocons are committing high treason

why bring this up since Trump can just have his government rig the elections (or once again ask the ruskies to do it since his fellow repub Mueller said it's legal)
                          Have you been assimilated or something?

Mr. Spock : It would be most interesting to impress your memory engrams on a computer, Doctor. The resulting torrential flood of illogic would be most entertaining.
                          Your post makes no sense. Neither Trump or any other elected or wannabe official is going to be able to get away with spitting on the sidewalk this time around. The entire process will be under a microscope.

In 2016, the Russians attempted to alter the election in two ways. Social engineering; manipulating social media and hardware / networking intrusion. We can argue about how effective media manipulation was till the cows come home, but they did NOT manage to get into the machines and alter vote counts.

The concern this time is that they can attack the hardware.

There is nothing being talked about by anybody and certainly nothing in that bill saying to go back to secure, non-electronic mechanisms, which is the only way to have a secure system. You know the computer security maxim: The only "safe" computer is one that is not connected to anything and does not transfer info in and out. In other words, useless.

So that bill contained nothing that would actually secure voting, but it introduced a security hole you could navigate with an aircraft carrier.

It wants to add automatic voter registration. Based upon what yet, I don't know, but that should not be automatic. Not only is there plenty of room for outright fraud, but there are ample opportunities for honest screw-ups, too; moved and didn't give new address or some such.

Yeah, they call that a security bill?

Comment

You know the computer security maxim: The only "safe" computer is one that is not connected to anything and does not transfer info in and out.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Have you been assimilated or something?

Your post makes no sense. Neither Trump or any other elected or wannabe official is going to be able to get away with spitting on the sidewalk this time around. The entire process will be under a microscope.
                              (your borg implant is the maga hat you're wearing lol) you kidding right he can get away with it because he's in power & can get away with whatever the hell he wants
                              doesn't even have to hide it

if he & his ministers responding to congress subpoenas with a "**** you" with complete impunity, wasn't enough of a hint

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                Was not intended as a Galactica reference. The idea applies IRL. But Adama's ideas about keeping the Galactica off the network was a good one, wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X