This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    First off, I've always said since the beginning on this board that I dislike Biden a lot, he's establishment and he'll maybe there were reasonable motives to investigate his shady transaction in China, Obama days.

But, why did the WH tried to bury and hide it? Why didn't Trump go on a huge rant as is his trademark? Instead he went backdoor and that honestly, is disturbing.
    Just a theory, but this latest attempt at character assassination might be the Democrats way of pushing Biden out. Granted, he's their best chance of beating Trump, but the children running the party these days are impatient.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      How would you react to a "President Pence" ?
      He's stable, even if I don't agree with him.
      That's the point annoyed.
      Not quite. Trump is a threat to the left and their ideas, as well as "business as usual" Washington politicians of all stripes. Remember the fight he had getting the nomination in 2016? The national Republican party was stiffly opposed to him, remember? The only way he got the nomination was overwhelming rank and file Republican voter support. The NRC wisely heeded those voters.
      Republicans wanted to shake things up, sure, and I don't blame them for that, but trump is a worse shill than Hillary. Sorry, but that is all he has proved over the last 3 years.
      Perhaps if the Democrats had been as wise, and heeded their voters rather than running Shrillary, Trump wouldn't have won.
      Once more, the VOTERS did not put trump in the oval office, the EC did. The PEOPLE, the VOTERS would have put Hillary in office, so don't use that argument, it's a fail on it's face.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just a theory, but this latest attempt at character assassination might be the Democrats way of pushing Biden out. Granted, he's their best chance of beating Trump, but the children running the party these days are impatient.
        You need a character to be assassinated, trump does not have character.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Can you call it character assassination if its true?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Heartwarming to see all the kids in the streets today (love that meme of Greta )

Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Heartwarming to see all the kids in the streets today (love that meme of Greta )
              I wonder how many of those idiots are supposed to be in school or work?
              I wonder how many of them traveled to that location in vehicles powered by fossil fuels, either indirectly or directly?
              I wonder how much fossil fuel energy was used to produce their clothes, heat their homes, power their gadgets, etc.

Oh, and how much fossil fuel was used to transport their hero to the UN or wherever she's milking her 15 minutes now.

Comment

I wonder how many of them traveled to that location in vehicles powered by fossil fuels, either indirectly or directly?
                I wonder how much fossil fuel energy was used to produce their clothes, heat their homes, power their gadgets, etc.

Oh, and how much fossil fuel was used to transport their hero to the UN or wherever she's milking her 15 minutes now.
                Greta is in Montreal right now and gave a fabulous speech. There are also hordes of people walking all over Ottawa and all around the world. She is also taking the next year off so she may participate in conferences and keep on spreading the word.

Greta is the hero we need but don't deserve. Glad you're supportive Annoyed!
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

yeah man it's not like the fossil fuel indu$try & its Godvernment cronies have made us completely dependent on fossil fuels

oh wait

Comment

I mean folks like Annoyed have thrown the towel a long time ago and seeing hoards of youth and less-youth walking down the streets in the thousands to protest against the biggest threat humanity has ever faced, is a face slap to them.

It's hard for pessimists and negative people to accept there might be hope after all. Even more when it's teenagers telling the adults: we won't stand for it.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I mean folks like Annoyed have thrown the towel a long time ago and seeing hoards of youth and less-youth walking down the streets in the thousands to protest against the biggest threat humanity has ever faced, is a face slap to them.

It's hard for pessimists and negative people to accept there might be hope after all. Even more when it's teenagers telling the adults: we won't stand for it.
                      Preach!

sigpic

Comment

To put things in perspective, right now the crowd is approximately 500k ppl in Montreal for her speech.

What about Trump's election? And his rallies? A couple thousands rednecks here and there maybe? That alone just shows what the people truly believes in, which ain't the MAGA.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

The point is that no matter what these children want, the be all, end of discussion bottom line is that at this point in our technical development we don't have the technology to do the things they want.

If wishing made things so, I have a rather long list...

Comment

And now back to the more important matters like the Democrats committing political suicide.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/new.../27/id/934649/

"I'm not sure the national media even now has shown the video of Joe Biden. This is not some mythical story by a whistleblower. Joe Biden goes to the Council on Foreign Relations and on tape says, 'yes, I threatened them with the loss of a billion dollars in aid unless they fired this prosecutor. And I said to them I'm not coming back and you have six hours to solve this.' He then goes on to say, son of a blank, they did it."
                            Hahahaha.. They shoot at Trump and kill their own front runner. How embarrassing is that?

I'm SO glad I'm not on that side of the fence.

Comment

The point is that no matter what these children want, the be all, end of discussion bottom line is that at this point in our technical development we don't have the technology to do the things they want.

If wishing made things so, I have a rather long list...
                              Ignorance still on point, I see. What they, what we want, is politicians to agree to get back on board the Paris Accord of limiting the global temp to a 2 degree increase.

Get out of here with your technology, completely irrelevant. And by the way, this is the most pressing matter in all the world, not punny US politics.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Ignorance still on point, I see. What they, what we want, is politicians to agree to get back on board the Paris Accord of limiting the global temp to a 2 degree increase.
                                Just for the sake of discussion, let's set aside that we have no way to know if we are the cause, as opposed to natural change.

Why should we sign onto something which is pointedly screwing us? As I recall, many large energy users were exempt or other set asides carved out for them, such as China, India and others. That wasn't a fair deal by our point of view no matter what it was about.

Get out of here with your technology, completely irrelevant. And by the way, this is the most pressing matter in all the world, not punny US politics.
                                Technology is irrelevant?

Imagine the energy technology of the 1800's and early 1900's being used on a scale that we use energy today. You can't possibly think our energy systems haven't gotten more efficient in the past hundred & change years. As it gets more efficient, it wastes less and therefore is cleaner.

That's how a free market operates; whoever has the best way to do it wins. Left undisturbed, that market will eventually make improvements as the tech. progresses. Unless the market is destroyed, somehow. Nah, that can't happen. We're not gonna hand the keys to a Kindergarten class. (I hope)

Whether or not the enviros are right, the issue I have is that they are pushing to require what we don't have / can't do yet. That's gonna end badly.

I've mentioned this before.

About 20 years ago, enviros and the govt. began forcefully pushing CFL lighting. While they do use less energy than an incandescent, the quality of the light sucks and they don't operate well in lower temperatures. Oh, and did I mention they contain Mercury? A highly toxic substance.

Ok, go forward about 10 years. Now, a new light source is ready for mass market use. the LED. First. lower wattage applications, such as Christmas & Holiday lights, and as it progressed, moved indoors to replace indoor lighting. Today almost all of the lighting in my home is LED. Better than incandescent in every way, and uses less energy than even CFL's.

What do you think happened to all of those CFL bulbs that were purchased because we didn't wait till we had something truly better? You know, the ones that contain Mercury? Ever hear of landfills?

Any numb-nut can figure out that changes like these kids are clamoring for will trash our economy. But the law of unintended consequences can be brutal.

Comment

Working...
                                X