This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    There was no way a WOMAN would be POTUS, no matter what.
    my 'dark horse' in the race is Tulsi Gabbard for female winner

my main choice is Ojeda but he is quickly crumbling and does not have dem party support

of course, if a Libertarian candidate who is organized and understandable, comes along, then my choice would shift

Comment

The Snake came quite close to POTUS... just saying. Although if woman is the right term that is yet to be determined.
      Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 17 July 2019, 09:47 AM. Reason: my hands are full of thumbs
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
        name me one western nation that allows in illegal immigrants with no type of hindrance or regulation what so ever. if there is one, i am willing to bet a fair portion of their native population is regretting it now
        That would be the United States. We've had an unfettered flow for more than 40 years, and people ARE regretting it.

Unfortunately, the people who regret it are not in a position to do anything about it, and those who are is such positions don't want it stopped.

Comment

Seeing lack of proof again.

I'll have my bacon now GG
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Seeing lack of proof again.

I'll have my bacon now GG
            When will you learn. You deserve no bacon. Not even that 'Roo bacon.

There is always the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, which indicates it was a problem in that era. Remember, it would have taken a few years for the law to get written and put on the books.

If they didn't have a problem, why did they need a law?

No Bacon!

For the curious: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...didnt-it-work/

Comment

That proves nothing to your claim which is why I eat the bacon
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

More absolute garbage
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Found some proof for you Annoyed. This is what happens after 40 years.

Penguins ignore police advice, raid sushi stall twice in one day

A pair of New Zealand penguins that broke into a sushi stall at Wellington's busiest railway station have been returned to their natural habitat.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

with the catholic church, and other organizations, when their sex crazed priests go after kids, then there is at least a central authority to (Attempt to) hold accountable
                    Yeah, they'll go and protect the offenders and hush everything up.

find any right wing christian terror group and look at its numbers. there are nothing close to what ISIS is toady let alone at the height of their power
                    You ask, I deliver:

6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups our media conveniently ignores
                    They don't get the coverage of ISIS or Boko Haram, but organizations like "The Army of God" are no less dangerous

N° 3 is a good equivalent to IS:

3. The Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA)

The mainstream media have had much to say about the Islamist brutality of Boko Haram, but one terrorist group they haven’t paid nearly as much attention to is the Lord’s Resistance Army—which was founded by Joseph Kony (a radical Christianist) in Uganda in 1987 and has called for the establishment of a severe Christian fundamentalist government in that country. The LRA, according to Human Rights Watch, has committed thousands of killings and kidnappings—and along the way, its terrorism spread from Uganda to parts of the Congo, the Central African Republic (CAR) and South Sudan. The word “jihadist” is seldom used in connection with the LRA, but in fact, the LRA’s tactics are not unlike those of ISIS or Boko Haram. And the governments Kony hopes to establish in Sub-Saharan Africa would implement a Christianist equivalent of Islamic Sharia law.

As does n° 4:

4. The National Liberation Front of Tripura

India is not only a country of Hindus and Sikhs, but also, of Muslims, Buddhists, Catholics and Protestants. Most of India’s Christians are peaceful, but a major exception is the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT). Active in the state of Tripura in Northeastern India since 1989, NLFT is a paramilitary Christianist movement that hopes to secede from India and establish a Christian fundamentalist government in Tripura. NLFT has zero tolerance for any religion other than Christianity, and the group has repeatedly shown a willingness to kill, kidnap or torture Hindus who refuse to be converted to its extreme brand of Protestant fundamentalism.

In 2000, NLFT vowed to kill anyone who participated in Durga Puja (an annual Hindu festival) And in May 2003, at least 30 Hindus were murdered during one of NLFT’s killing sprees.

And here's one which lists 20 Examples of Christian Terrorism In Modern Times as part of a similar discussion.

The list is limited to those who either stated that they acted on Christian ideology, or who identified themselves as Christians and appear to have acted on ideology associated with Christian movements (they skip KKK and the WBC for reasons mentioned in the article). And they only list terroristic acts in modern times so no Crusades and or witch trials and burnings.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      Found some proof for you Annoyed. This is what happens after 40 years.

Penguins ignore police advice, raid sushi stall twice in one day
                      You're making bacon out of penguins now?

Seriously, I don't get the reference.

Comment

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...s-fund-1418499

Why?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          You're making bacon out of penguins now?

Seriously, I don't get the reference.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          We've had an unfettered flow for more than 40 years, and people ARE regretting it.
                          ^
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I think he answered that. Where does the money come from? Supposedly, he has an amendment to the bill which will nail that down.

What do you cut to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                              ^
                              Unless your point is that the Penguins ignored their removal earlier and came back, just as the illegals ignored the 1986 law, then I still don't get the reference.

If that is the point, then isn't that all the more reason to double down on immigration enforcement?

Comment

And now, just for shock value, here's a Democratic proposal I like. (but not for the "surface" reason.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/18/hous...wage-bill.html

. It would also phase out lower minimum wage paid to tipped workers.
                                The entire practice of tipping should be abolished. In theory, it's not a bad idea, but so many things can influence a customer's willingness to tip that have nothing do do with the quality of service the employee provided it's absurd.

In addition, the practice of tipping is highly discriminatory, in several different ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X