This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    ever occur to you that not all homicides and suicides are accomplished with firearms? the daughter of one of my mom's friends committed suicide by throwing herself into the gorge....and the first ever homicide in history (Cain killing Abel) was accomplished with a simple rock
    I'm very sorry for the daughter of your mom's friend but these numbers I gave are statistics of deaths by firearms. Feel free to consult any sources you like, a simple google search will give you hundreds of links. I've included a graph below for your convenience. The graph is a compilation from the FBI / Stats Canada and Stats Australia and keep in mind that ''justified homicide'' is excluded from those stats so the actual number is much higher.

The United States are by far the worst developed country in terms of casualties by firearms in the world.

so banning this and that weapon isn't gonna do a blessed thing to stop people from killing each other or themselves....what it will do though is keep people from being able to effectively fight back if a government becomes authoritarian..that's why most dictators worth their salt call for total bans on private firearms ownership as among their very first acts....after all it wouldn't do for a dictator to leave the populace with an effective means of rebellion eh?
    Actually yes it will, you're wrong on that MG.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      ever occur to you that not all homicides and suicides are accomplished with firearms? the daughter of one of my mom's friends committed suicide by throwing herself into the gorge....and the first ever homicide in history (Cain killing Abel) was accomplished with a simple rock

so banning this and that weapon isn't gonna do a blessed thing to stop people from killing each other or themselves....what it will do though is keep people from being able to effectively fight back if a government becomes authoritarian..that's why most dictators worth their salt call for total bans on private firearms ownership as among their very first acts....after all it wouldn't do for a dictator to leave the populace with an effective means of rebellion eh?
      I've gone over the "banning guns will not stop people from killing each other over and over to no avail. As well as the "ban guns and only criminals will have them" argument, and several others.

You forget, lefties LIKE big government, and don't want anyone to be able to challenge it or resist its overreach.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I've gone over the "banning guns will not stop people from killing each other over and over to no avail. As well as the "ban guns and only criminals will have them" argument, and several others.

You forget, lefties LIKE big government, and don't want anyone to be able to challenge it or resist its overreach.
        Do you deny these figures?
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Do you deny these figures?
          Nope. But they are nevertheless irrelevant. Yes, Guns are somewhat available in the U.S., but even if they weren't, people would still find ways to kill each other.

We live in a society that is chock full of tools, devices and technology. How many of those things can be twisted into a lethal device?
          Cars can be used to run people down. Many common chemicals can be used as poison. How many forms of knives, tools and other mechanical devices can be used to kill? Some chemicals can be used to make bombs.

Take guns away, and you will not eliminate people's ability to kill each other. All you will do is ensure that only the criminals have the guns.

Comment

Nope. But they are nevertheless irrelevant. Yes, Guns are somewhat available in the U.S., but even if they weren't, people would still find ways to kill each other.

We live in a society that is chock full of tools, devices and technology. How many of those things can be twisted into a lethal device?
            Cars can be used to run people down. Many common chemicals can be used as poison. How many forms of knives, tools and other mechanical devices can be used to kill? Some chemicals can be used to make bombs.

Take guns away, and you will not eliminate people's ability to kill each other. All you will do is ensure that only the criminals have the guns.
            That's a cool story, but this is about deaths by GUNS alone. Nothing else you mentioned.

Guns in USA (per 100 inhabitants) 120.5 so basically 1.2 guns per person
            Guns in Canada 34.7 = .347 gun per person

Homicide is 64% for US and 30.5% in Canada.

How do you explain that? Stay on topic please.
            Spoiler:

Comment

For the record you're mixing gun control with gun ban.
              Spoiler:

Comment

That's a cool story, but this is about deaths by GUNS alone. Nothing else you mentioned.

Guns in USA (per 100 inhabitants) 120.5 so basically 1.2 guns per person
                Guns in Canada 34.7 = .347 gun per person

Homicide is 64% for US and 30.5% in Canada.

How do you explain that? Stay on topic please.
                We are a violent society. People will kill with the easiest tools available. So they use guns. Take guns away, and, they'll just use other tools.

Comment

Humans, or Americans are violent?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Annoyed's are violent because they can't use their brains. All that Trump Kool aid
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

You forget, lefties LIKE big government
                      yeah man like when lefties wanna Government to tell what people can do with themselves - especially women - ho wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Humans, or Americans are violent?
                        Settling disputes with fists instead of bullets usually prevents fatalities. Worst case scenario a man gets stabbed and may recover.

But in some states you could get shot over picking flowers off your neighbor's lawn and that'd be justified homicide which btw is not included in those stats.

If you think about it, it's cowardice, you can't fight back vs a gun.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

correct, so what is the problem?
                          Is it people, or is it guns?
                          We all get pissed off sometimes, that's people
                          we all don't shoot people for it, but americans do.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Feral cats?
                            Yep, and I love cats, as you know.

There is a TON of gun control, but unlike the NRA spewing morons in the USA like to think and project, it's not used to control the population. If you have a legitimate reason to have a gun (like, say, shooting vermin) you can have one.
                            Feral cats ARE vermin.

All regulated and approved for things like roo culling from helicopters where you need to sight your shots.
                            You are not this stupid, and I know that for fact.

They have licences, ALL gun owners in AU require a licence to be legal, they also have to attend shoots, and keep the reason for their licence up to date.

Ours haven't for culling cat's, or toads, or any other threat to the native animal population.

You are getting demented here, we don't have Florida snakes, nor are feral cat's "fluffy".
                            A pack of feral cats would clear out your farm quicker than the foxes YOU shoot with your fully auto .22, and you would never know it until the next day.

Didn't read it, did you. A hunting licence is not the same as a gun licence. You need a gun licence to get a hunting licence, and each need differing degree's of background checks. My dad has a gun licence for his .303, he does NOT have a hunting licence. He is ALLOWED to shoot threats on his property, he is NOT allowed to go off LOOKING for them to shoot.

FERAL CATS, not all cats, you shoot a family cat, you are in deep crap.

You are acting like the kid annoyed is, perhaps regression comes with age, certainly a point with my dad and grandmother.
                            America has a political footprint, far greater than ours, and it's ruled (currently) by a MORON.
                            But yeah, getting rid of feral cats is important.....
                            What to give AUS crap, try looking at our immigration policies or how we treat aboriginals.
                            You know, things that matter.
                            the overall point is--well more than one

and yes my snark level was tuned to "high" when i posted that which you quoted

1- if this was done in the US, for any animal, the rest of the world and our own media would have already wrung their own hands off in despair over the 'despicable americans'.

2-any cull of a domestic or invasive animal should be regulated. the only way to get an accounting of just how effective-or not- the cull program is
                            ---all invasive culls in the US-even in texas and georgia (the redneck places ya' know?) have some kind of control set up over things like invasive hog and snake kills. some places have bounties which one can collect for bringing in the animal

and, for the record (and good memory btw! on my 'arsenal'), i do not own a 'fully auto .22'. you would have to have a federal class 3 firearms licence for that. actually, right now, i have no firearms, just a .17 calibre air gun
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            And, just why should america have such a 'footprint'? many of us, and many more each day, do not want us to be in world affairs as much as we are. i have made my position on this clear before.

they speak of 'american exceptionalism'. i dont believe in it. but i do believe that the rest of the world creates a type of 'American mythos' in which so many believe that america will always come to the rescue and fix the ills of the world

this forced upon us, mythos is what some call 'exceptionalism'. we have done so much so often that it becomes expected for us to act always. and then we are either praised or damned. we can't win. the rest of the world creates the myth of exceptionalism

the american left then has brain implosions over this applique pasted on us and then goes into its fits of national self loathing, while the american right gets an over inflated ego whenever some third world nation 'needs' our help or another first world nation hesitates to act without out inclusion.

Comment

Settling disputes with fists instead of bullets usually prevents fatalities. Worst case scenario a man gets stabbed and may recover.

But in some states you could get shot over picking flowers off your neighbor's lawn and that'd be justified homicide which btw is not included in those stats.

If you think about it, it's cowardice, you can't fight back vs a gun.
                              you cant just shoot someone for being on your property. and in most places they must be in or attempting to enter your home. being in your yard is not a justifiable reason to use force or, in many place, neither is it a reason to even display your firearm in warning.

and, before you shoot, if someone is coming into your home or attacking you, you have a duty to retreat. and then force can be used. but also in many places (not all) the force you use is supposed to be in kind to the force being applied. ex: they use fists, you use fists-- you cant shoot someone if all they are doing is punching you

(unless you are a cop and then they can shoot whoever the hell they want apparently)

about a month ago, in our small town-where there has been one murder in the last 30yrs- a guy was attacked in a bar. he was punched, kicked and hit with a chair. he pulled out a pistol and shot his attacker dead. the police charged him because he did not try to retreat nor did he use the same level of force being used on him. it will be going to trial

Comment

seems many people lose their brainpower when using twitter

royal families twitter feed

https://www.facebook.com/beinglibert...type=3&theater

Comment

Working...
                                X