This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    the GOP only had misgivings about emergency override because they thought it would set a precedent for a future Dem president to do the same (in other words they didn't give a flyingf about undermining democracy as long as their camp did it)

is it the same for Annoyed?
    Any and all moves the King makes will not be considered a precedent, more like an incident.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      That can't possibly be true, can it?
      Can it????

No one has argued that the US should not have immigration laws -NONE OF US-. The only thing people have argued is that the wall will be ineffective, annoyed just does not realise that, just like the rest of trump's base. I am all but inclined to GIVE them the wall, and when it inevitably FAILS, the people who said it would fail should get a tax break, paid for by the people who wanted it.

To annoyed's credit, he did not like the use of emergency powers in this way, so perhaps there is a spark of classical republican in him still?
      Actually, the wall will be far more effective than what we have now, which clearly is not working. That is why it is so strongly opposed by Democrats and others in the US; they WANT open borders for various reasons.

And no, I don't like the idea of using emergency powers in this manner. We would have been far better off if he had stuck to his guns on the shutdown.

But he does have the authority, and the problem has to be solved. So I may have to hold my nose and accept the use of emergency powers, not just for the wall, but also for the fake asylum seekers as the article I posted pointed out. Asylum is supposed to be an option for people fleeing political persecution, not for people fleeing a bad economy in their home country. As recent news articles have pointed out, that system is being misused by a very large number of illegals coming into this country. This has to stop.

You and others oppose the wall, oppose the emergency powers, but have yet to suggest an alternative solution which will EFFECTIVELY block illegal entry.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        ^he's the voice of insanity at CNN because unlike Faux News who only hires neocon nutjobs, CNN likes to be fair & balanced

now I won't argue about immigration but you want real hardcore crises? take pollution & global warming
        maybe if the next president's a Dem he can declare an emergency on environmental pollution
        That is exactly why I don't like the idea of using emergency declarations on this issue, but considering the overall situation, we may not have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Actually, the wall will be far more effective than what we have now, which clearly is not working. That is why it is so strongly opposed by Democrats and others in the US; they WANT open borders for various reasons.
          That is a load of BS and you know it
          And no, I don't like the idea of using emergency powers in this manner. We would have been far better off if he had stuck to his guns on the shutdown.
          That would have made his hole worse. Despite his ranting public opinion blamed him. Not to mention the long shutdown was negatively affecting the economy and national security among other government service
          But he does have the authority, and the problem has to be solved.
          More BS. Stop picking and choosing what part of the Constitution you will follow.
          So may have to hold my nose and accept the use of emergency powers, not just for the wall, but also for the fake asylum seekers as the article I posted pointed out. Asylum is supposed to be an option for people fleeing political persecution, not for people fleeing a bad economy in their home country. As recent news articles have pointed out, that system is being misused by a very large number of illegals coming into this country. This has to stop.
          No one is arguing the problem of illegal immigration. A fact you keep on ignoring
          You and others oppose the wall, oppose the emergency powers, but have yet to suggest an alternative solution which will EFFECTIVELY block illegal entry.
          No it won't. You are still ignoring all the facts that the majority of illegal immigration is not at the border. Which is why the sane community doesn't want the wall. It's a waste of money. But you go ahead and ignore facts just like your idol
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            No it won't. You are still ignoring all the facts that the majority of illegal immigration is not at the border. Which is why the sane community doesn't want the wall. It's a waste of money. But you go ahead and ignore facts just like your idol
            I still haven't heard your idea for an effective solution that will actually stop it.

Comment

I still haven't heard your idea for an effective solution that will actually stop it.
              It doesn't matter what Jel says because ultimately, you do not share the same vision of illegal immigration. You picture a bunch of desperados jumping the wall, crossing the desert and stealing jobs. Is it the case? Sure, but to a minimal extent.

It is a misconception, illegal immigration happens by other channels in the most part. Unless you open your mind to actual facts, there's no point in pursing this endless circular reasoning debate of yours.

I have a question for you. Surely you do not deny how polarized the public opinion is in regards to Trump. He's got hardcore supporters and hardcore haters, not denying that. So my question is this.

Do you believe a President should be a President for all Americans or only for some of them? Isn't the #1 priority of a leader to unite his people instead of dividing them?
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That's a fallacy. It's not my job to come up with a solution. It is my job as an informed voter to look at the facts when politicians do come up with solutions. The facts show this is a waste of money
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  It doesn't matter what Jel says because ultimately, you do not share the same vision of illegal immigration. You picture a bunch of desperados jumping the wall, crossing the desert and stealing jobs. Is it the case? Sure, but to a minimal extent.

It is a misconception, illegal immigration happens by other channels in the most part. Unless you open your mind to actual facts, there's no point in pursing this endless circular reasoning debate of yours.

I have a question for you. Surely you do not deny how polarized the public opinion is in regards to Trump. He's got hardcore supporters and hardcore haters, not denying that. So my question is this.

Do you believe a President should be a President for all Americans or only for some of them? Isn't the #1 priority of a leader to unite his people instead of dividing them?
                  im convinced that he rejects and ignore facts that are against his views as seeing fake news or left bias. It's a nice little scapegoat to support ignorance
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I also see "a bunch of desperados jumping the wall", and hopping onto our generous welfare system.

Trump was elected in 2016. You can argue electoral college but the plain and simple truth is that he won by the system we have in place.

A very large part of that victory was his promise to stop illegal immigration. He is putting forth a very good effort to fulfill campaign promises, despite incredible levels of opposition.

You can just as well ask the Democrats (and their allies in the Republican party on this issue) why they are being so divisive by opposing the clear will of the voters who elected Trump.

Of, we know the answer to that, but it is a valid question.
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 07 March 2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I see a cranky old man believing in Trump propaganda and making hasty generalizations that have no basis in evidence. It's the Kavannagh debate all over again
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I also see "a bunch of desperados jumping the wall", and hopping onto our generous welfare system.

Trump was elected in 2016. You can argue electoral college but the plain and simple truth is that he won by the system we have in place.

A very large part of that victory was his promise to stop illegal immigration. He is putting forth a very good effort to fulfill campaign promises, despite incredible levels of opposition.

You can just as well ask the Democrats (and their allies in the Republican party on this issue) why they are being so divisive by opposing the clear will of the voters who elected Trump.

Of, we know the answer to that, but it is a valid question.
                        At the expense of your core values of freedom as a citizen of the United States of America, bypassing the will of the democratic instances to fulfill his agenda, exonerating the NK dictator for the murder of an American citizen, exonerating the KSA King for the murder of another American citizen, praising Poutine and having secret meetings 1 on 1, the list goes on.

I don't have a problem with Americans choosing this clown as their leader, that's their prerogative.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Did some say poutine?

*holds out plate PH style*
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

At the expense of your core values of freedom as a citizen of the United States of America, bypassing the will of the democratic instances to fulfill his agenda, exonerating the NK dictator for the murder of an American citizen, exonerating the KSA King for the murder of another American citizen, praising Poutine and having secret meetings 1 on 1, the list goes on.

I don't have a problem with Americans choosing this clown as their leader, that's their prerogative.
                            Thing is, we DID elect this clown, and this was one of the main reasons.

Comment

Let's rearrange that a bit.

Doesn't seem as if these go carts are useful in cold weather climates, either.
                              You've cut out a crucial piece of context - "Electricity is expensive when used for heating. It's t the other way round for driving."

There are cheaper alternatives than electricity for heating your house. It doesn't follow that electric cars, which aren't houses, are somehow useless in cold climates.

You know what electric car does better than a gasoline one in cold climate? START.

You know which country has the fastest rate of electric vehicle adoption in the world? Norway. One out of each 3 vehicles sold in the Norwegian market is all-electric.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Thing is, we DID elect this clown, and this was one of the main reasons.
                                Define this ''main reason'' - Acting like a dictator?
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X