Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so any thoughts on the Missippissi election?

personally I found the suspense unbearable: nothing could've been less certain than the outcome of this one

in fact it was as uncertain as the one in Georgia or Florida

in fact the political opposition had as much chance of winning this, as Putin's rivals have of winning a rusky election

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      so any thoughts on the Missippissi election?

personally I found the suspense unbearable: nothing could've been less certain than the outcome of this one
      Actually I am quite disappointed, I was expecting a proper public hanging. Damn politicians, they always lie.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Actually I am quite disappointed, I was expecting a proper public hanging. Damn politicians, they always lie.
        in Missippissi, no noose is bad noose

Comment

Ok, this guy's gone round the bend.

Is It Time To Require Identity Verification For Everyone Using Social Media?

The only thing this will accomplish is to stifle any and all discussion of anything.

No one is going to post their views when any nut job who disagrees can hunt them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I stopped reading this article past the first few lines. I feel dumber now.

Meanwhile in Ukraine, things look like they're escalating pretty fast, show of force?

Punt-in does love his toys.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The only thing this will accomplish is to stifle any and all discussion of anything.

No one is going to post their views when any nut job who disagrees can hunt them down.
              You, the general user don't get to see that information, It's more "are you a robot?" Captcha code.
              Your argument is stupid.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                You, the general user don't get to see that information, It's more "are you a robot?" Captcha code.
                Your argument is stupid.
                Generous with your assumptions, aren't you? Did the article specify that? No. And even if it is the intent, it will not be that way in practice. Identity databases can be hacked, for example. Or they could write provisions into the law that the site or service operator divulge people's ID's at the request of certain groups. Sorry, dude, I don't trust this.

Oh, and just coincidentally, there is a proposal in The People's Republic to require an applicant for a gun permit divulge his social media logins to the state so the state can examine the applicant's SM history.

Comment

Generous with your assumptions, aren't you? Did the article specify that? No. And even if it is the intent, it will not be that way in practice. Identity databases can be hacked, for example. Or they could write provisions into the law that the site or service operator divulge people's ID's at the request of certain groups. Sorry, dude, I don't trust this.
                  Wait... You don't know that the US already have this power?
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Wait... You don't know that the US already have this power?
                    It doesn't. I do not have to provide a real life ID for Facebook, or any other social network, which would include this message board also. Law enforcement, via warrants can track down an IP address, but that's about it, and that would be meaningless to most other groups or people.

Comment

It doesn't. I do not have to provide a real life ID for Facebook, or any other social network, which would include this message board also. Law enforcement, via warrants can track down an IP address, but that's about it, and that would be meaningless to most other groups or people.
                      To depose accusations sure in a legal fashion, sure.

You're a fool if you don't believe telecommunications aren't monitored constantly. Snowden much? Go ahead on FB and make a few posts with triggering keywords and we'll see if the FBI pays you a visit. This ID is absolutely irrelevant, everything is based on IP addresses.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Then try looking up fact rather than your "feels" eh?
                        Honestly, I get where you are coming from, it's an invasion of privacy, and on that specific point, you are quite right, it IS. Privacy however is not an enumerated power, or a constitutional power, so via left or right wing autocracy, it is allowed. I don't like it any more than you do however.
                        Oh, and just coincidentally, there is a proposal in The People's Republic to require an applicant for a gun permit divulge his social media logins to the state so the state can examine the applicant's SM history.
                        It's not to "hack" a potential gun owner, it's to determine mindset of the person applying for a gun permit. You ALWAYS blame mass shootings on "not the gun, but the person" and when people actually want to look at the PERSON, you cry foul.
                        THIS is why I don't care about mass shootings in America. You, as an nation accept them as par for the course, and when your kids, your husbands, your wives get gunned down, you cry, but do nothing.
                        Where was your gun when your kids were shot?
                        Where was it when your wife got shot?
                        If only you were the "good guy" with a gun eh? Pity 9 times out of 10 the good guy will freeze up because they have never had a gun put in their face or been shot at, and pity the 10% of responders who have and have to live with shooting someone else.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

every bad thing can be a good opportunity

if those anti-privacy laws are passed and they causes people to boycott **** like Facebook then so much the better

Comment

There is a fine line between protecting the people, and spying the people. Very, very fine line.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

There is a fine line between protecting the people, and spying the people. Very, very fine line.
                              Trump & the neocons keep it simple: there is no line

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                every bad thing can be a good opportunity

if those anti-privacy laws are passed and they causes people to boycott **** like Facebook then so much the better
                                There is nothing inherently wrong with Facebook. You just can't be dumb while using it. Giving facebook your real name, DOB or anything other sort of personal info would qualify as dumb. As would posting your real contact info. That's what needs to be changed. People need to become smarter about using it. Legislation requiring people to be stupid about using it? Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X