This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You should see me grumble when I have to work on a letter for the company I work for with regards to child benefits, which are always paid to the mother of the child, unless otherwise arranged through either court orders or mutual agreement among the parents.
    Or like when i was in the Navy.. TWICE i had leave approved 2 months ahead of time.. And TWICE i got to the day OF Starting the leve, and had it canceled cause someone with kids "wanted to take them on a family trip somewhere'.. NO emergency leave. No pending medical issues.. BUT cause they were 'family people' and i was a single guy, I GOT Bummped out of the way, had my leave cancelled and on one of the cases, lost out on the plane ticket i had already purchased...

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Why not paid to both?
      Generally, it is the mother who deals with the kids. Also, you always -know- who the mother is, not always true for the father.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Or like when i was in the Navy.. TWICE i had leave approved 2 months ahead of time.. And TWICE i got to the day OF Starting the leve, and had it canceled cause someone with kids "wanted to take them on a family trip somewhere'.. NO emergency leave. No pending medical issues.. BUT cause they were 'family people' and i was a single guy, I GOT Bummped out of the way, had my leave cancelled and on one of the cases, lost out on the plane ticket i had already purchased...
        Because kids are of the devil?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Generally, it is the mother who deals with the kids. Also, you always -know- who the mother is, not always true for the father.
        I don't see how that is relevant if we are talking about a married couple with neither denying parentage.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          I don't see how that is relevant if we are talking about a married couple with neither denying parentage.
          Then look to the social order. Even me being the stay at home parent, it was Mrs GF who got the child support money. I could have gotten it changed, but I never bothered to.
          sigpic

Comment

Sigh.
            http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...gibberish.html
            sigpic

Comment

That could be solved, but neither you or the society we live in want to hear it let alone carry out the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                That could be solved, but neither you or the society we live in want to hear it let alone carry out the answer.
                Sorry what?
                Let me parrot you, I live in the real world not the fantasy you want to live in.
                sigpic

Comment

Are you aware of how sex works?

Comment

If it could be solved, there would have been a society out there that has found a solution...
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

The solution is simple.

Before a woman is awarded one dime of welfare benefits or court-ordered child support from any source, she must name the sperm donor, and this must be confirmed by either the purported sperm donor admitting that it is his, or DNA testing to prove paternity.
                      This way, you identify the sperm donor and he can be held responsible to whatever extent is possible.
                      And yes, you can turn this around in rare circumstances when the mother is not identified.

However, good luck enacting this in our society. I don't think people would accept it.

Comment

Ok, I'm definitely of a divided opinion on this.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/13...in-california/

California has become the first state to require all stores that sell dogs, cats and rabbits to offer adoptable pets from shelters and nonprofit rescue groups instead of through breeders or puppy mills.
                        I strongly agree with the goal; putting puppy/kitten mills out of business. Many of those places treat their animals horribly, and there are more than enough unwanted pets to fulfill the need for pets. I would like to see those mills driven out of business.

But I shudder to think about the state interference in the operation of privately held businesses & the state's trampling upon the rights of those business owners. Yes, mandate humane treatment of all animals in these mills, certainly, but this act crosses a line, setting a precedent that I don't think should be set.

Maybe this goal should be pursued via a public education campaign geared towards making it socially unacceptable to purchase or own "mill" animals as pets.

Comment

The solution is simple.

Before a woman is awarded one dime of welfare benefits or court-ordered child support from any source, she must name the sperm donor, and this must be confirmed by either the purported sperm donor admitting that it is his, or DNA testing to prove paternity.
                          This way, you identify the sperm donor and he can be held responsible to whatever extent is possible.
                          And yes, you can turn this around in rare circumstances when the mother is not identified.

However, good luck enacting this in our society. I don't think people would accept it.
                          If that solution is so simple, why did no other society ever try it?
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Ok, I'm definitely of a divided opinion on this.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/13...in-california/

I strongly agree with the goal; putting puppy/kitten mills out of business. Many of those places treat their animals horribly, and there are more than enough unwanted pets to fulfill the need for pets. I would like to see those mills driven out of business.

But I shudder to think about the state interference in the operation of privately held businesses & the state's trampling upon the rights of those business owners. Yes, mandate humane treatment of all animals in these mills, certainly, but this act crosses a line, setting a precedent that I don't think should be set.
                            Perish the thought of threatening the corporate monarchy
                            Maybe this goal should be pursued via a public education campaign geared towards making it socially unacceptable to purchase or own "mill" animals as pets.
                            Can we try that with Mill(itary) grade weapons?
                            sigpic

Comment

Perish the thought of threatening the corporate monarchy

Can we try that with Mill(itary) grade weapons?
                              You can try it with anything you like, Free speech and all that. If you want to run an advertising or propaganda campaign which aims to make it socially unacceptable for private citizens to own military grade weapons, have at it. You just can't use the power of govt. to force your view, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                If that solution is so simple, why did no other society ever try it?
                                Because as I stated, no society that I can think of, with the possible exception of religious theocracies, would find the disclosure requirements acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X